My new start started 10 years ago at the age of 38 when I stopped smoking. I'm so much fitter than  I was then. THEN I couldn't run 30 yards without getting out of breath. 

But I put on  a fair amount of belly fat after swapping smoking for eating. So, I've recently started cutting out all processed foods, and vastly decreased grains. I can feel a difference. I'd just like to be a bit more focussed, and put myself in a situation via the challenges on this forum where I've got some peer pressure/encouragement to keep me at it. Coz I can be a bit "moody" with this stuff. I've had surges of going for it and surges of giving up on it over the last 10 years. 

Fitness wise I've been climbing a local hill 2 or 3 times a week for the last 3 months, and doing spontaneous sprints through the week. Just went up the hill "barefootish" today. Wanting to do more barefoot stuff even though I live in the often soggy-wet west coast of Scotland. 

One aim at the moment is to run a 10km to celebrate next years 50th birthday. I don't actually like running, so it would be a willpower challenge more than anything. Also, if I was aiming REALLY high it would be to totally shock my sons and foster sons who have all agreed to run the race with me. And beat them. I think it's possible in theory. 

But first things first.

Anyway, sorry for waffling on so long. I write a daily blog. And so I suffer with Word diarrhoea. Hope to be around here at least some of the time. 

Great site and great work Steve and  all those involved. 

cheers

Fee

PS. My Nerd qualifications are very limited. I love Big Bang Theory. 

• Like 2

Hello Guzzi. That's funny and unexpected. I stay a bit of south of you in Campbeltown, Kintyre. My eldest son lives up in Oban actually, even closer by. 

Nice to see a local face straight after my first post. Speaking of faces, I uploaded a photo for my profile twice, and it seemed to upload, but isn't showing up in my picture frame. Any ideas? 

Hmmm... It's got to be a really tiny file to load, I think it's less than 50k or something. Maybe that's why?

I've always fancied taking a run down to Campbeltown, just one of those places that's practically on my doorstep yet I've never been to... There's quite a few Brits on here, and about 6 or 7 in Scotland, so you're not alone by any stretch of the imagination. :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Campbeltown is the bestest town in the G'damn universe in my humble opinion. Although it's probably not a love at first site kind of place. But make sure you get down here at some point. If only for the stunning atlantic views down the west side of Kintyre. Though you won't be short of stunning views yourself anyhow. 

I'll have another shot at sorting the photo out soon. See ya.  :nevreness: