I'll take "Potent Potables" for $200, Alex

Went to the shops for bread and milk tonight. Turns out they've got Innis & Gunn on special...

Posted Image

And the Rum Finish too.... Oh dear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Any Canadian beer fans should try to get their paws on something from Paddock Wood. The Black Cat lager is particularly awesome.

For American beers, I like Anderson Valley. Their summer and winter ales are fantastic. Hard to find here though. 

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Wanna hear something sad? There's a brewery within walking distance of where I work (literally - I walked past it on my lunchbreak the other day), and I've never been. I've heard good things about it, though, so I will have to try it someday soon. Their tasting room is only open on Fridays and Saturdays.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Another one I LOVE.

I know it isn't beer...but it's amazing.

viking_blod__77982_zoom.JPG

Mmmmm, mead! 

One of the things I loved about the SCA was that there was always someone making mead. :)

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

I need to learn how to make mead.

Side note - I'm currently a visitor to Canada and am staying walking distance from the Hiram Walker distillery, where Canadian Club whiskey and a few other spirits are made.  I can smell the mash in the air every day around 5pm and it lingers for hours.  I need to take one of their tasting tours soon...

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Wanna hear something sad? There's a brewery within walking distance of where I work (literally - I walked past it on my lunchbreak the other day), and I've never been. I've heard good things about it, though, so I will have to try it someday soon. Their tasting room is only open on Fridays and Saturdays.

Have a POETS Friday and hit the tasting rooms...what could go wrong?

In fairness, who owns a company doesn't inherently make their beers any better or worse, nor does the scale of their production.  When batches/production scale up, you get away a bit from the original idea of a "craft beer", but that doesn't mean it's not a good beer.  Just have to scale it up properly.  Trust me, I'm a chemical engineer. ;)

Also, I disagree in part with the premise of that article.  "Owned by AB/Inbev" does not inherently mean that a certain beer is not a craft beer.  From that article, Shock top is about as un-craft-beer-ish as it gets in my opinion, but certain brands on that list still do more smaller-batch, more specialty beers that still fit the "craft" definition.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Solid

One of the originals

You can ALWAYS find SNPA at a bike race

http://draftmag.com/beerrunner/sierra-nevada-supports-cycling/

Love SNPA!  also Torpedo, but it's only a couple of them!

I heard Molson/Coors also recently bought out Granvelle Island Brewing Co as well?

yeah, Blue Moon was what got me into the craft brewing scene...don;t drink it as often now though, tends to be Sam Adams (cos it's cheap as chips over here), Brooklyn Lager and Brewdog are my Go to ones, Sierra Nevada when I'm feeling a bit more flush, plus there's also now Shipyard and Point Head which has started making an appearance in the supermarkets