Alright here goes, I haven't been lurking here too long. Just long enough to get the lay of the land and get my profile set up fairly well.

So just a little about me I'm a 27 year old lad from Ireland clocking in at 6'1 an 13st or 182lbs. Not too bad I dont think but not what I want for myself. I'm a massive semi-closet Nerd. I love all things sci-fi and fantasy but that's not exactly common knowledge about me and whats even less known is my love of minitures gaming which tended to be very hidden away. I decided to come out of my shell a bit this year and start just enjoying the thing I enjoy and not trying too hide parts of myself from certain people. This started with jump into the wargamming community at the start of the year which has been working out well for me even with all the travelling I'm doing with work. Something that happened as a part of this was joing a forum with monthly hobby challenges that you lay down for yourself and attempt to complete. This has helped me stop the excuses of being tired or not having time with getting things done as I now had accountability for what I was doing with groups of people wanting regular updates. So now that I'm getting back into my exercise after a hip injury I thought why not do the same with that.

I'm not to terribly unfit at the moment and dont have any real problems with exercise. I am back doing crossfit which I had done for three months before hurting myself. Just completed a new beginners class and starting properly again. I also like to run and just get lost in my head for a while and am back to being able to go 5k without any stopping. I have a long way to go here to get back to where I was just a year ago when I could do a half marathon in under 2 hours but it will come. I also enjoy anything that involves lots of adreniline like mountain biking and whitewater kayaking. When it comes to my running though I wont be doing the usual building up to run a marathon as the long distance almost always leaves me sidelined with joint pain so will instead be doing the likes of tough mudders as something different. Where I really need the accountability here is my eating. I'm very lazy when it comes to my food and like to take the convenience way out even though it makes me feel bad. :neglected:

So as a synopsis of my goals:

1. I will be focusing on crossfit as I feel I need to get stronger. when I get to the right point I will update PR's as I go.
  2. I want to get back to previous endurance levels which is to find 10k pretty easy.
  3. Serious eating habit overhaul. Starting with a trying paleo.

I will be slowly incrementing each of these and have some goals in mind that will be used in challenges but until the next one starts I will continue as I am setting some foundations. Pity I have a while to wait for a level up :playful:. Love RPG's!!!!

• Like 3

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

Ooooh.... My goal is to do next years Tough Mudder here. Very, very cool! Good luck with all your goals, especially the food, it's the biggie. Mmmm..... Fooooood.... :P

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously