My name is Tommy and I'm in for a change. A big one.

My story is pretty straight forward, but my belonging to Nerd Fitness is a bit of a new experience for me. See, I was never the nerd. Sure, I was/am smart and well educated. But I was the jock. I got the opportunity to play sports in college and continued coaching after my playing days were done. Yeah, I like video games...a little. But I can't remember the last time I played one. No, I don't understand Cosplay... at all. But if that's you and it makes you happy...cool. I get that.

So here I am at 33, married, multiple kids, fat and out of shape. My body looks more like the basketball I used to dribble than the athlete I used to be. I was an in shape beast and loved being active. Now I sit at my desk and don't have energy to play with my kids at times. I'm tired of it and I want my kids to grow up with a dad who has the health and energy to be their superhero.

Hence the change. I told my wife I'm getting in shape. She doesn't believe me. She's been asking me to be healthy for over a year and I've just dragged my feet and placated her persistence. That's what has led me to NF. I need sustainable change on a plan that's doable from my current position.

Currently I'm 6'4 and hovering at 275. In college, at the height of my athletic prowess (lol), I weighed in around 210. I'm a big naturally, so if I can get in that range I'll be really happy. But that's 65-70 LB's away and the road won't be easy. I've joined a gym and already started the transition to the Paleo diet.

It's a start.

• Like 2