Bonjour

I'm a bit nervous and excited about posting, as ideally this is the start to something that could be an extraodinary part of my life/future. Currently I'm 165cm and 56kg~ and looking for a huge change in my life. I've always loved running and the outdoors- but being so inclined towards videogames, computer learnings, and other such indoor activities, paired with a sort of growing anxiousness towards strangers - it's stopped me from pursuing those activities. Because of that I've lost a lot of my athletic ability, and I've gained a bit of weight as well (having been 52kg previously).

When I was a little kid, I used to be quite fat, and I remember how much it sucked - luckily when I went into my teens I changed naturally into average size. However the recent weight I've gained makes me scared that I could revert back into that stage of my life, which would not be preferrable. So I want to stop before I get too sucked in, and make myself better than I ever was! 

My main quest is to be able to run 10km, and so will be taking up long distance running 2x a week at first, and then progress from there.

Human - 165cm 56kg.

Desired class - Scout.

• Like 2

paired with a sort of growing anxiousness towards strangers

Depending on why this is the case, I think you'll find you'll be more comfortable around others when you're more confident in your own ability.  Feeling like you've worked to achieve something hard can make you feel socially bullet-proof.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if there's a way to reply properly or something (such a forum noob ahh)

but thanks FruityGun!! I wish well for your journey as well, and I hope we continue to encounter each other on the forums and get a glimpse of each other's progress from time to time : D

And JPrev i think you're definitely right - and having realized that, it gives me even more motivation to do well. I can't wait until that day that I don't have to deal with that fear : )

skinnyLara - better goals, good idea haha : P I was reading the other posts on this site and realized that my mini goals leading up to my main one could be a bunch more specific

Goals:

--Eating 100% Paleo all day everyday (and definitely no more nutella my god)

--Losing the bit of chub on me (lookin for 16% body fat~)

--Running goals:

-3k [x] (woo did that today! gonna do another run tomorrow - I want to keep improving!)

-5k[ ]

-7k[ ]

-8k [ ]

-9k [ ]

-10k [ ] (main quest)

Once I manage to run those distances, I'm going to start working on my times (so I can beat my brother's time hoho), and hey - maybe even go running farther than that :D

Rewards ; )

Get myself a programming book (new hobby that needs some reading up on)

Order a korean language book (I need to learn all the languages I can!!!! :D)

Buy some lovely Summer clothes :D

• Like 1