It's good to have a list of successes.  It helps to look back to gain courage to move forward.

Today .... minor .....

But I finished BBWW 2!  Some exercises are still modified. 

• Like 7

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Woohoo!

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

Boast of your deeds. None will gainsay you. 

Great job on the BBWW2!

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Nice! What are you moving onto next?

Next is BBWW 3.  After that, I'm torn.  Barbbells and bodyweight both are inviting as strength training. 

• Like 3

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

10 full, proper, military (shallow) pushups.  In a row.  

• Like 2

for reals?? Woooot!

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I thought I saw this on the RPG thread. Way to go!

13 push ups that is legendary. I am proud of you remarkable lady. 

*mutters to self, bloody woman now I gotta push harder and catch up.* :P

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I'm going for 15 knee push ups this week for a pr... wanna aim for 5 more pushups?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yea!!  Yes - I have three strength training workouts this week and will go for it at each one.  I actually pushed (ha ha) myself to failure on that PR and fell on my face when I couldn't do #14.  Usually my mind bails before my body fails. 

I thought I saw this on the RPG thread. Way to go!

13 push ups that is legendary. I am proud of you remarkable lady. 

*mutters to self, bloody woman now I gotta push harder and catch up.* :tongue:

:positive:

I aim to be an inspiration! 

• Like 2

New pushups PR:  25 full pushups ... in 3 sets.  But still.  I haven't done that since I was 40.

• Like 2

At the beginning of the year, I started the basic bodyweight workouts and was embarrassed by how difficult it was to get up off the floor after doing reverse crunches.  I felt like a fish flopping around on the shore!!!  Some of the extra bonus suggestions included get ups, but I figured I'd get to those some day far, far down the line. 

It was really discouraging because, when I studied karate, I had gotten good at simply getting my feet under me and standing up.  I never managed to flip up, but I could roll to stand without my hands .... handy after getting a leg sweep in sparring.   After the fishy feeling, I didn't think about get ups ... like pullups and handstands, they were something I'd have to work at progressions to do again.

Then, today, the gym was busy.  I mean really busy.  I had to work in around people using the captain's chair and the pullup station.  So when I got done doing a set of hip raises just as a woman was leaving the captain's chair, I rolled to my feet and got there before the next guy could set down his weights and get in.  Then, I realized what I'd just done.  I'd done a get up with just a moment's help from a hand.  Yippee!!!!  The rest of the workout, I did getups to transition between floor and weights.  I need a hand, but not much. 

Feels good. 

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to battling the next challenge with you!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks.  I'm still thinking about what I want to do about teams for the next challenge.  Feeling pretty down these days I'm afraid.

Today's w00t:  Since July, I have walked/run 2,000,000 steps.  Yes, two million, according to my Jawbone Up.  

• Like 2

Thanks. I'm still thinking about what I want to do about teams for the next challenge. Feeling pretty down these days I'm afraid.

Today's w00t: Since July, I have walked/run 2,000,000 steps. Yes, two million, according to my Jawbone Up.

I know this is old....but I wanted to check in with you here...quoting you...how is that 'down' doing these days?????

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Doing better, thanks!  I have to admit that - it's petty - but it was a definite pick up to be recognized as an Ambassador.  Wished it could have been with the Rangers, but I'll still keep trying to find the best guild for each Level 1 ... no matter which guild that might be.

We're still working through the emotional turmoil of job hunting.  We're glad to be free to move home, but still anxious about finding jobs and a house this summer.  And moving with pets is always a challenge.  The dog does pretty well, but the cat is a big baby.