Group walk to Mordor starting up again!

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Current Challenge (Jan 2021)

Ok, I've seen you finally opened the new thread. I am in!!!!

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

To make it even more nerdy I've decided to print the Middle Earth map to hang it on my front door (on the inside...), so I can mark on it where I am (you can easily know that with ÉowynChallenge.net, as seen in Steve's article).

Pack your lembas and come!

• Like 5

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

I can't access the sheet at work, so I'll look into this tonight. I just read the article again for a refresher and noticed there's no time limit. Has anyone done this with a timed goal in mind? I feel like that would produce better results.

• Like 1

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Has anyone done this with a timed goal in mind? I feel like that would produce better results.

I've been thinking about it. With my current walking routine, it would take me more than a year and a half to arrive to Mordor. I am not sure what will be harder: to take so long to arrive or to try and do it faster...

If only one could simply jog to Mordor...

I lol'ed away to hard at that!

with the weather warming up I might just meander around middel earth a little.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

When I get back to the states we can meander together! With dog(s) in tow!

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

When I get back to the states we can meander together! With dog(s) in tow!

Sounds like a plan!!  Are you deployed?

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

I've been thinking about it. With my current walking routine, it would take me more than a year and a half to arrive to Mordor. I am not sure what will be harder: to take so long to arrive or to try and do it faster...

That's the beauty of a group walk, we'll be there in..umm..months :)

• Like 2

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Current Challenge (Jan 2021)

First day!

This walking challenge is really stimulating my nerdiness. I've started and album about the places I'm walking about. Currently at the Shire...

I don't know if I will find enough places similar to the story ones, but today's been a good start.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/gallery/album/1007-a-journey-to-mordor/

• Like 3

This walking challenge is really stimulating my nerdiness. I've started and album about the places I'm walking about. Currently at the Shire...

I don't know if I will find enough places similar to the story ones, but today's been a good start.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/gallery/album/1007-a-journey-to-mordor/

love the idea of taking similar picture along the way. Though that might get a bit scary as you walk further... :) 

I'm leaving for vacation, but when I get back, I will join you guys on your adventure.

• Like 3

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Though that might get a bit scary as you walk further... :) 

Yeah, I have a year and a half or so to find a place with a mount Doom to picture it... Don't even dream where could I find a Cerin Amroth mound...

I'm doing a fair bit of walking at the moment - training for a four day walk...

Logged my last walk - I'm in the lead :)

Be welcome!!