Deep breath...Hello!

Hi there! I'm Silo. I'm in my late 30s and live in the Midwest with my husband and child and our dogs. I've been reading NF and reading the forums for several weeks now and thought I'd go ahead and jump in.

Late last fall/early winter I hit a "whoa, some things need to change" point and have been working toward getting into better shape since then. I've gone from 202 lbs. to 178 (I'm 5'6") since January 1 by eating better (mostly primal) and exercise. I walk/run every other day and for the past three weeks I've been doing the BBWW on the in between days. The first time I did the BBWW I did all of the squats and most of the lunges and then afterwards as I looked up the stairs (I exercise in the basement) I thought "hmm, getting back up there might be a problem. Should have installed a stairlift." Needless to say, I was super sore and walked funny for a couple of days but I added a longer warm up plus a lot more stretching and backed off on the lunges a bit and have stuck it out. Yesterday was the first day I did all of the reps of the BBWW for two circuits plus half of everything for a third circuit. Huzzah!

I'm really enjoying the changes that I have been making and feel like this site will be a good resource for me. I am pretty introverted and going to a gym and working out with other people is not my thing. Online interactions are usually much easier for me. A few of my goals, broad and narrow, are:

- to continue to lose weight. I don't have a number goal for weight in mind and am working on the idea of "I'll know it when I get there."

- to get stronger. This is coming and I understand that it will be easier once I've lost more weight.

- to get off the CPAP. I love it, I hate it, I wish I didn't need it. That about sums that up.

- to do full push ups.

- to do pull ups.

- to be able to cross the monkey bars when I go to the playground with my kid.

- to get 8-8.5 hours of sleep each night.

I have a few others but I will keep them to myself for now. Anyway, I'm happy to be here and look forward to posting more.

• Like 2

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Hi Silo! :)

Congratualtions on jumping in! I'm a fellow newbie and I did start my journey here yesterday. I'm already pretty damn sure it was one of the best things that I've ever done.

You've already seen success with weight loss - that is great! Eating habits can be really hard to change. 

I really like your goals - especially the one about full push ups (can't do em…) and being able to cross the monkey bars when you go to the playground. Kids can be a great motivation. How old is yours?

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Hey! Way to go with the changes you've made, sounds like you're definitely moving in the right direction.

I think you're quite right about the "target weight" idea. My goal weight is "Whatever weight I happen to be once I finally lose the bingo wings". Pretty difficult to judge until I get there...

Love the goals so far. Push-ups and pull-ups are on my to-do list too :)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I have a 5 year old. It's fun trying to keep up with that activity level!

I like the "lose the bingo wings" idea. That's another goal--to wear tank tops :)

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP