Who is your fitness hero?

As a side note for "athletic people into nerdstuff", Josh Barnett, former UFC heavyweight champion among many other accolades, is a huge fan & player of Magic the Gathering and he also likes Warhammer 40k & League of Legends.

Here's a video of him, choking people out and playing magic (not at the same time though):

http://fightland.vice.com/fightland-meets/josh-barnett

but if it was at the same time..... i don't even have the words for how awesome the "warmaster"/"baby faced assassin" would be

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Not a big fan of M:tG or LoL, prefer WH Fantasy to 40k, but I was absolutely sold once I saw the Goatwhore t-shirt. The man has some great taste in music, think I just found a new person to look up to. Thanks Disil!

yeah, that's one of the things i've always liked about him is that he's a metal head. 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

In terms of athletes with nerd cred, Nick Arciniaga is a top-level marathoner and got Adidas to make him a race shirt with the Rebel Alliance logo on it.  Since he's with UnderArmour now, I'd be willing to bet he's enjoying some complimentary Marvel and DC tech shirts.

Okay, more athletes who inspire me?

Andrew Ference brought the November Project to Edmonton after he was signed by the Oilers and has been criticized by some fans for caring more about contributing to his community than his team.  Big into cycling and nutrition.  All around cool guy and happens to play for my favourite team.

PR's

5k - 21:29

10k - 47:26 43:29

21.1 - 2:05:26 1:44:21

Ross Enamait. Guy deadlifts 500 lbs on his first try and doesn't afraid of anything.

Seriously though, between the one arm standing ab wheel rollouts with the weighted vests, all the crazy weight lifting with ridiculous poundages for ridiculous reps and the full ROM handstand pushups with the weighted vests on and the insane cardio and conditioning he does, Ross Enamait is easily my fitness hero.

I've linked videos of his before.

• Like 1

[ Babby's Ferst Challenge ]

Veganism killed my gainz

Chasing 15 rep 2xBW deadlift

The only autographed picture of an athlete I have is of Joe Frazier. Fitness wise, he was within a quarter inch of my height (he was 5'11 1/2 inches) and weighed around 205 pounds. There really isn't anything special about him in height or size. He wasn't known for a great boxing style like Ali or having the power of Foreman. He was a volume puncher that went to work, and by the time he was finished people like Ali would walk around saying that being in the ring with him was the closest to dying that they've ever been. During the third fight between Frazier and Ali some people claim that Ali was begging his trainer to cut his gloves off. Meanwhile, Frazier's trainer told him he was going to stop the fight because Frazier couldn't see, Frazier reportedly screamed "Don't you dare stop this ******* fight, don't stop this ************* fight!." The fight was stopped by Frazier's trainer and Ali is known as the greatest boxer in history.

“I cannot lift this.†Ahmed ibn Fahdlan having been give a sword.

“Grow stronger!†Herger the Joyous

Specialization is for insects.

Battle Log:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49470-serpenthelms-beginning/#entry1064460

I'll go with jaromir Jagr. I always thought he was a hell of a hockey player, but the last few years have raised my opinion of him. Being the est players on the Devils at age 42 is no small feat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXwKGMN6Cc   <---make sure to either turn on subtitles or speak Czesky.

Note: I used to play roller hockey in local leagues, and I feel that watching him play inspired me to be a better player. 

I have to chime in a second time - not just Ross Enamait, but also add Eliott Hulse to the list. I learn something new every video he makes.

Hulse has done some great videos, and I really respect his athleticism, sure he can lift heavy but not at the expense of speed and agility like so many power lifters and body builders

Ross Enamait. Guy deadlifts 500 lbs on his first try and doesn't afraid of anything.

Seriously though, between the one arm standing ab wheel rollouts with the weighted vests, all the crazy weight lifting with ridiculous poundages for ridiculous reps and the full ROM handstand pushups with the weighted vests on and the insane cardio and conditioning he does, Ross Enamait is easily my fitness hero.

I've linked videos of his before.

Ditto. 'Never Gymless' was one of the first fitness books I actually read, understood - and then followed.

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

I'm not a big basketball fan and I've only played it once or twice but I find this video of Jordan amazing. Such incredible individual talent and in such a different class from everyone else in his time. I love how he got stronger and stronger as he aged and never lost his love for his sport. Comes across as a humble, well mannered guy as well. 

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'll go with jaromir Jagr. I always thought he was a hell of a hockey player, but the last few years have raised my opinion of him. Being the est players on the Devils at age 42 is no small feat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXwKGMN6Cc   <---make sure to either turn on subtitles or speak Czesky.

Note: I used to play roller hockey in local leagues, and I feel that watching him play inspired me to be a better player. 

Apparently his apartment when he played or the Penguins was furnished with just a bed, a TV, and dumbbells.

PR's

5k - 21:29

10k - 47:26 43:29

21.1 - 2:05:26 1:44:21

Leilani Franco, an amazing contortionist...She makes me want so much to able to do a portion of what she can do

tumblr_n2er4ymjX11rtjbzwo5_250.gif

tumblr_n2er4ymjX11rtjbzwo3_250.gif

tumblr_n2er4ymjX11rtjbzwo1_400.gif

And this amazing Shalion monk...would love to be able to do the one finger balance

1260528582_shaolin_monk_balances_on_2_fi

• Like 2

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram