Elsfaire's 1st Quest: Improve endurance and fitness

Perfect form is so much more important than weight or reps.

If you start to worry again, go find the form check thread and post a video!

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

The thing is, I thought my form was proper. I had looked at videos and instructions showing your back should be straight, as vertical as possible, hold arms out in front of you for balance, and that you bend your knees so that your bottom would just touch the seat of a chair. I was doing exactly that. Now that I have looked up how to do squats in a way that is safer for avoiding knee injury, I see that every piece of that is wrong.

It is a bit frustrating, but I am glad to have learned it now instead of after adding weight, if I ever decide to do so.

Did Angry Birds today. For some reason, everything was harder today than it was two days ago. It may have to do with my sleep - I have been having trouble sleeping well on our memory foam mattress. I wake up every 2 hours hot. :nightmare:

I've found a huge connection between how well/poorly I sleep and how I do on my workouts. That's why one of my goals has been to keep a semi-regular sleep schedule. One thing I've found that helps with the waking up hot thing is low thread count sheets. They're not as soft as the higher ones, but they breathe better and let you stay cooler. 

Awesome job sticking with your challenge during the week off! I'm sure you'll kick but in the next one, too.  :onthego:

• Like 1

Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha.

Member of CNF: TOS

I've found a huge connection between how well/poorly I sleep and how I do on my workouts. That's why one of my goals has been to keep a semi-regular sleep schedule. One thing I've found that helps with the waking up hot thing is low thread count sheets. They're not as soft as the higher ones, but they breathe better and let you stay cooler.

Thanks, CMHutch. I am somewhat working out the sleep thing. Wearing a lot lighter PJ than usual, and using fewer covers is helping. I slept 5 hours in a row the other night! :highly_amused:

Yesterday, I did a hike with DH and the evaluations for my next challenge. This morning, I did some walk/run intervals. The fact that I was able to do more than one is a big improvement.

Going to keep the same grades I gave myself on Monday at the official group ending of the challenge. While I did not do cardio as much as I had wanted to, I made a noticeable improvement, so I am happy. Challenge completed successfully - I have updated my signature to reflect this, and started my new challenge thread to celebrate!

Here is the link to my next challenge (first real one - hooray!): http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46967-elsfaire-secret-agent-training/

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines