Guzzi's journal. 2014 - a very positive year

Ok, so this isn't really going to be a battle log.  My workouts/ exercise regime is waaayyyy too "bitsy" for that to work.  But I really want to have somewhere where I can record all of my achievements (and my struggles) so that further down the line I can look back and see just how far I've come.  This is going to be much more like a journal, where I can jot down all the positives in my life, anything that makes me feel happy, gives me a sense of accomplishment,  or stuff I just plain and simple want to brag about.  It will probably be peppered with highlights of my workouts, my Woot!'s any time I manage to do something new, things I've done that I want to remember, and a myriad of other seemingly random goings on from my life (including food, coz food makes me HAPPY!!!!). I also want to use this to write about my husband Peter, because I think I need that right now.  Just having somewhere that I can write down all those little things that I want to remember, the happy memories.  I really don't care that that's not what this is supposed to be for, this is MY thread and I can do what I want with it! :P

*note: Anyone reading this, you probably don't want to.  Seriously, I post way too much at the best of times and this could end up just plain old silly. You have been warned....

Goals

My problem is that I want everything, and I want it now God dammit! I want to be able to do crazy-ass bodyweight exercises like Frank Medrano (or at the very least pull-ups and handstand push-ups), I want to be an awesome Warrior with a brag-worthy overhead squat, I want to be ultra flexible and be able to hold some crazy yoga poses, and I want mind boggling endurance and be able to run marathons or swim the Channel.

Realistic?  Errrr... no!  Yes, if I dedicated myself to any one of those things I could reach a level of competency that I could be happy with in that discipline, but therein lies the rub.  I can't dedicate myself to any of them.  I have to focus on all of those things because I need to incorporate aspects of them all into my recovery, I just need to reset my mentality to accept the limitations of my poor body.

With that in mind, I thought I'd write out some goals for myself. They're definitely not of the "SMART" variety, just things that I want to incorporate into my life.  Some are short term, others are ideas for the future.  I can use the 6 week challenges to work towards achieving these things, and break them down into realistic and attainable goals.  For now, here's my list of things I want to do, improve or change:

Physical

This year I really want to get back some of the parts of my life that were taken away from me.  I still think that the only way to do that is to work on my physical fitness so I see these as having the most importance, hence why the come first.

• Walk out to a bothy carrying a full pack.
  • Ride to Stormin' the Castle
  • Do a pull-up
  • Do a handstand
  • Swim a mile
  • Run 5k (April this year)
  • Compete in the Tough Mudder (in 2015)
  • Squat my bodyweight
  • Deadlift 2x my bodyweight
  • Lower my bodyfat% until I lose the Bingo Wings

Mental

• I learnt Spanish to a fairly "conversational" level before my accident, I will regain that level of competency, if not surpass it. Definitely.
  • I have really bad self image - I've already started working on this one, but there's scope to do more.  There are virtually no photos of me on here, or anywhere else because I hate seeing myself in photos.  This is a simple fix.  I'm going to post up pictures of myself in here.  This is a really scary one for me, but I'm going to do this, I will not be beaten by my insecurities!
  • I really beat myself up for my "perceived" failures - I need to start letting go of any remaining negativity about my physical and mental fitness, really recognise and celebrate the wins where and when I can. I think this thread will really help me to do that.

Life

Whoah, this one is difficult right now.  I need some time to think about what I really want to do. Hey! That can be my goal! To think about my life and where I want it to go from here. :D  I'll post up some real goals once I've done that.

• Like 10

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Oh no! How did you guys find me so fast?! I thought I'd have a chance to post up a couple of things before anyone twigged. :D

Fair warning guys, I plan on abusing this facility. I'll be like one of those annoying people on Facebook that continually post simpering pictures of their kids, you'll hate me for it. And for the love of God, and your own sanity, do NOT click "follow this". You will live to regret it, lol!

Eeeek! Now I feel all self conscious about what I was going to post *blush*. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet, first selfie coming up....

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

And for the love of God, and your own sanity, do NOT click "follow this". You will live to regret it, lol!

Too late!!

Eeeek! Now I feel all self conscious about what I was going to post *blush*. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet, first selfie coming up....

This is your thread, you are not allowed to feel self conscious about anything you post here!  If anyone makes you feel that way I will more than happily throw them out on their asses!!!!!!!!

*Puts velvet ropes in front of thread and stands at entrance with clipboard*

• Like 5

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Why thank you Mitch!

My own doorman, woohoo! I've always secretly believed that I deserved the Red Carpet treatment. I'm glad to see that someone else has finally come to appreciate that fact too... :D

• Like 2

*note: Anyone reading this, you probably don't want to.  Seriously, I post way too much at the best of times and this could end up just plain old silly. You have been warned....

Too late! I've pulled up a comfy chair and put the kettle on. :D

Seriously though, do what you want with your thread! The log format is helpful for some people, and less helpful for others. There are no Thread Police who are going to come in here and tell you to conform. :P

Also, I like your new photo! You have very pretty eyes and a nice smile.

• Like 1

Feel free to swap out the B/W profile pic at your earliest convenience

Really???? You think that's a nicer photo? Huh... I'm really surprised at that. *scratches head*

Ok. On to things that make me HAPPY!!!

And first prize goes to.....

Posted Image

Steak! And beer! :D

Today at the butchers counter in Morrisons...

Me: Can I have a fillet steak please?

Butcher: *lifts the fillet out and gestures with his knife* About this thick?

Me: A little thicker..

Him: Here?

Me: A little thicker..

Him: Here?

Me: *nods head*

Him: *slices one steak, the starts to slice another..*

Me: No no no! Just one steak!

Him: *Looks confused* (where do they find these people?)

Me: I just want one steak.

Him: *nods head and begins to slice a third steak*

Me: No, just one! *facepalm*

Him: Just one steak....?

Me: Yeah

Him: *looks at me. Looks at my trolley (6 bottles of beer, not much else) Gives me the "one raised eyebrow" look*

Me: *shrugs* Meh... Got beer, got steak.... Jobs a good 'un!

Made me laugh :D

• Like 3

Ok, so this is one of the things I thought I'd be able to post before anyone noticed I'd started a log and came for a peek. Sorry if this is a little sad, it's one of the things I don't want to forget so it's going in here...

On Sunday I went up to the cemetery for the first time. It's been 5 months since Peter's death and this week was the first time I've been back since the day of the funeral. A lot of people around me have drawn their own conclusions about this. "You'll go when you're ready" etc. The strange thing is, I was never 'not ready', I just didn't have a good reason to go...

For me I feel a far stronger connection to him through the things we shared in life than I ever will from a graveside or a headstone. I want to remember him by sharing stories with the people who loved him and building on those friendships, doing the things that we all enjoyed together. Creating new memories, keeping the story going.

Anyway, it was a beautiful day on Sunday. The sun was shining and the hills were covered with fresh snow. I was walking across the yard when Glen pulls up in his van, jumps out, nods at me and says "Hey Shithead!" Good friends are worth their weight in gold. :D

We talked for a bit in the sunshine and then, since it was a nice day I asked if he'd take me up to the grave.

Posted Image

It's possibly one of the most scenic cemeteries there is, nestled at the foot of Ben Nevis with stunning views. We sat in the sun and talked about all the goofy stuff we'd done over the years. Glen was one of Peter's best friends and he's been a part of my life since I was about 12 years old. Oh boy, there's been some crazy-ass shit happen in that 20 years, I tell ya! Poor guy, he's stuck with me now. Mawhahaha! :D

We took a gargoyle from the garden and left it guarding over the grave since there's no headstone yet. I think Peter would have approved.

Posted Image

That makes me laugh... That bloody gargoyle! I bought it whilst drunk at a bike rally because it looks like our dog Stumpy. Only problem was, we were 50 miles from home, on motorbikes, aaaaaand I go and buy a two foot high concrete statue. Well done Leanne! :D

Fun times!

It's not really a sad story, least not for me. It was a good day, and I'd like to remember it. I had a good cry at some points, but even that was a good thing and I'm really glad I went.

• Like 3

Today's stats:

Weight: 70.2kg

Bodyfat: 28.3%

These are measured on a set of analyser scale, I don't think they're amazingly accurate when it come to the bf%. It can fluctuate like mad jumping 2kg or 2% day to to day... I don't care! As long as I see a trend in the right direction I'm good with that ;)

Oh God! I suppose I need to post up a bikini shot so I can track any visual changes too. I really want to rock a bikini on holiday in June. I think the photo will probably be a better tool than the scales.... Oh God! Eeeeeek!

• Like 1

That's the bikini I want to wear on holiday. I felt quite self conscious in it, it's not one of those where you can "hide" any problem areas. It's all on display, so I really have a motivation to drop the bf%.

Right now is the slimmest I've ever been in my adult life, so I'm pretty pleased with how I'm looking anyway, (highfives please!) but..... I don't just want to be able to wear that bikini, I want to to ROCK that shit!

• Like 2

Oh no! How did you guys find me so fast?! I thought I'd have a chance to post up a couple of things before anyone twigged. :D

Fair warning guys, I plan on abusing this facility. I'll be like one of those annoying people on Facebook that continually post simpering pictures of their kids, you'll hate me for it. And for the love of God, and your own sanity, do NOT click "follow this". You will live to regret it, lol!

hey babe... not sure the story behind the accident... but I totally love the pics... and the spanish goal...

and you can fb me if you wanna see lots of puppy pics... because I *AM* that woman ;)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move