Guzzi's journal. 2014 - a very positive year

Amazing looking food Guzz, it's making me drool! (and this is coming from a vegetarian!)

and haha I get the same sort of people telling me the same thing about my diet. *sigh* "It's okay to take a little rest from eating all the time guys, m'kay?" xD 

Seriously though, well done on the stats!

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Holy crap chickie!  You are a 'hottie' ;)  Good work!  I'm to old to ever be a hottie again but I'll live through you if that's OK :P

I'll have you know I sent your pic and salad recipe to a friend who has asked me for diet help (and she needs it) to encourage her to eat something delicious AND healthy rather that a celery stick and an apple betwee noon and 6:00 dinner (rolly eyes).  Heres hoping your pic encourage her.

Ok. Got a REALLY BIG Woot! to share with you...

I RAN 5k!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell Yeah!!! Woohoo!!!!! :D :D :D

We've actually covered more distance on previous nights, but never continuously running. Tonight we did a 5k circuit without stopping, AND not only did I finish 3rd (it wasn't a race but it's good to know my pace is ok) but I actually covered more than 5k as we did 3 double-backs to keep the group together. Woot woot woot!

It's been my goal to run the Race For Life since I walked it last year, but I've only actively been training for it for 10 weeks. Now I know I can do it, and hopefully I can start to work on my pace a little. I have no idea how long it took us to do the circuit tonight, I'll ask Elaine and see if she timed it, just for reference. It would be good to see a progression.

That's two really good things tonight! The first one was that before running I had an appointment with my osteopath so he could look at my running and see if he could correct my form. This is the guy that got me walking properly again, he's amazing! I mean, I was already walking, and could cover a distance of about 2/3 of a mile, but it was horrible. I walked like a constipated penguin. No shitting you! Geoff was the one who sat down and explained the bio-mechanics of walking to me and taught me how to walk.

That probably sounds a bit strange, because walking's easy, right? Just put one foot in front of the other. Not so. It was something that I had to work on for quite a while before I could get it right. That's why I went back to him to see about my running, in case I was doing something strange or just plain old wrong. We went out and he filmed me running for a bit. He was able to give me a few pointers straight away and we're going to do some more focused work in a couple of weeks time once I've had time to put those things into practice. Yay!!!

Amazingly, he wouldn't accept any payment for doing this. "I'm just helping out a friend." He told me. Awwww... That was sooo nice of him. He did that before too. He treated me for several weeks during my initial recovery and wouldn't accept a penny. What a nice guy!

I also met the local dietician tonight at the running club (it's a pretty small town, everyone knows everyone) and told her that I had an appointment to see her in a couple of weeks. We had a chat and we agreed that I would track my food for the next 2 weeks so that she can get a good look at my data.

She's also going to fib a little to the doc so that we can get a blood cholesterol check done. (The NHS at it's best I'm afraid)

If anyone here would be prepared to offer any dietary advice I'll post up a link to my MFP page. Not yet though, I haven't tracked for forever, but once there's something on there to look at. :)

• Like 8

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Wow, thank you girls! That means so much. I think I should probably post up a "before" photo for reference....

There is not a single photo (that I know of) in existence of me at my heaviest, but I've got a couple of me looking pretty "chunky". Got a good one from last Christmas but it's on Peter's phone, I'll need to transfer it onto the laptop then onto my phone.... Ugh! Not tonight, that's too much like hard work ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

And 5K is a huge big deal.... Good on you!

I also see an Osteopath.... I also see mine as a 'god among men'.

When he was studying hisOsteopathy and progressing from Massage he used to see me as his "Pinky" to his 'Brain'.  He'd get a twisted smile on his face knowing I would let him contort me into all manner of strangeness with no more thought put into the process than to say,"What we gonna do today Brain?"

I did get a lot of free hours on his table for the privledge of being his guinny pig.  It was well worth it!

• Like 1

Ok, found a couple on my phone. Dear God they're bad. *cringe*

This was actually taken in hospital, and is the first time I managed to walk a few steps to sit in a chair. I'm very pleased with myself in this one. Please, please excuse the dodgy mis matched jammies. It was hospital, and they were comfy. That's my excuse. :D This is also NOWHERE NEAR my heaviest btw... It got waaaaayyyyy worse after that ;)

Posted Image

And out and about. In a mobility scooter no less!

Posted Image

lol... can anyone do some photoshopping and put her in that skimpy baithing suit in these?...lol  (I is bad)

I would like to see 33... I don't there's enough distance in the world that could be between us before I'd even think about attempting that one. :-D

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

And what kind of crushing are we talking about...?  :P

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I'm ignoring you both. See all this "not rising to the bait" I'm doing over here? :D

Keeping going with the food fetish...

Posted Image

Mmmm.... Pork loin chop with beluga lentils in a spicy tomato sauce with TONS of veg and melted, stringy mozzarella gooey-ness, and some steamed broccoli.

Plugged my calories into MFP and they came out ~2000kcal mark. Woo!

• Like 1

What's this, a copy of Photoshop on a long forgotten laptop hard drive?  Hmmm, I may have to see if I still know how to use it.  I wonder if there's a picture somewhere on the interwebs that would be a good test subject...

B)

Of course, I won't, but baiting you can be fun.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I'm ignoring you both. See all this "not rising to the bait" I'm doing over here? :D

avymu4a4.jpg

Mmmm.... Pork loin chop with beluga lentils in a spicy tomato sauce with TONS of veg and melted, stringy mozzarella gooey-ness, and some steamed broccoli.

You're no fun....

and damn that looks good...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

avymu4a4.jpg

Holy hell, that looks amazing.

Feel free to add me on MFP, handle is brucewillisface (don't ask). I'll be happy to help out nutrition-wise if you have the recipe for the sauce you paired with that chop... :)

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

Woot woot woot!

I slept all night, drug free!!!!! Ok, so it was probably only 5 hours, but still, that's bloody good considering there was nights there when I got only an hour and a half! It felt amazing!

Tuesday morning.

Stats

Weight 69.8 kg

Bodyfat 28.1%

@ PaulG & SpecialSundae - I don't use MFP very much, I'll use it as a tool to track my food for a couple of weeks, just to check my intake every now and again, but then won't log in for months... I'm Leannebentalla

• Like 1

Holy hell, that looks amazing.

Feel free to add me on MFP, handle is brucewillisface (don't ask). I'll be happy to help out nutrition-wise if you have the recipe for the sauce you paired with that chop... :)

I just threw some stuff together with whatever I had in the fridge.... I fried off some onion, mushroom, celery, red pepper, (forgot I had some courgette or that would have gone in too), threw in some fresh thyme and garlic, a tin of chopped tomatoes, about a tsp of Encona "Hot Pepper Sauce" (sooooo good!), added some ready cooked lentils, and then at the last minute dumped a handful of grated mozzarella on top and stirred it through until it melted.

Worked out really tasty, yay! Problem is there's enough of it to feed 3 people and I forgot I'm out for both lunch and dinner today, doh!

I wonder if I can convince my mum and brother to come over here instead of going out for steak tonight...

I was really worried that once I was on my own my diet would go to Hell. I was one of those people who, if there was no one else there to cook for, just wouldn't bother. "Ah, fuck it! A bowl of cereal's fine for dinner..." I'm so proud of myself for not giving up.

• Like 1