Literally in the next 10 minutes, I am kicking back into fitness gear!

Some background:

I've played volleyball for 6 years and that was the highest fitness of my life. After completing my volleyball run, staying motivated and committed to working out has been difficult. My recent attempt was summer last year and I was able to complete to first 3 months of Insanity. Which is INSANE! But I suddenly dropped when school started up and I had a Hip Hop Dance class. Not the best decision.

So I've gained all the weight back (and then some) and lost all the beautiful muscles.

My life goal has always been to be at ultimate fitness by my 21st birthday, which is in 8 months. So this round of fitness is all or nothing. I really want to stay motivated and go all out to be faster, better, strong, and generally so hot people go, "damn". I mean, how empowering is it to have a visual depiction of how well you take care of your body? Pretty empowering!

To stay motivated all the way, I am in search of a fellow fitness partner in crime that will vanquish all remnants of the bodies that couldn't do much to become the bodies that could almost do it all!

We would stay in touch via email, nerd fitness messaging, or text and keep each other on track. We could have a google doc where we track our workout progress each day, to compare results and gives tips, and perhaps weigh in weekly/bi-weekly? I've not thought it all through quite yet, but I know we'll figure out a game plan.

The main idea is to keep each other motivated--as that's the greatest enemy of all. Also if you want to do the next 6 week challenge, I'm all for it!

I've never done this before, so if you need more information, send a word and I'll get back asap!

• Like 2

Level 1 Pandaren Assassin

STR: 2 I DEX: 1 I STA: 2 I CON: 3 I WIS: 4 I CHA: 3

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" -Walt Disney

After looking at fellow Rebellions, I am updating more info!:

I'm 5' 7", and probably about 165-170. I'm aiming to get down to 135-140, depends on the muscles I'm building. So I'm aiming to lose 30 pounds in 8 months. Sounds fair!

A former Californian but officially moved to Texas two weeks ago.

I've begun PC gaming 4 months ago and I'm IN LOVE with the Bioshock series. My heart of pounding thinking about Infinite. I'm currently working on Dota 2 and Path to Exile.

I love reading, animated movies, learning (more so outside school grounds), drawing, and hiking. Though there is no one around me that ever wants to go, and now mountains are scarce where I live...irony.

Thus far my plan is to work on the Rebel Fitness Guide/Rebel Strength Guide that's been sitting around on my laptop. Though eventually I'll work up to TurboFire or Insanity again. I do love punching air and full body workouts.

I also want to become a Shadow Assassin. Because of all the obvious reasons.

Hey, TechAlyCat!

I'd actually be quite interested. I've been working on a lot of fitness stuff lately and I've been gearing up to get back into the forums with the next 6 week challenge.

I started training a lot last year and I've become devoted to it. I finished out 2013 with running two 5ks. I've started strength training within the last 6 months and recently moved from bodyweight training to lifting. I've been focusing on just general fitness, but I've been seeing weight loss and I feel that I should focus on that a little bit more. 

A great deal of my training is taking place because I am a hoop dancer and juggler that wants to get into acrobatics. I don't have the resources for acrobatics per se right now; so I'm working on building strength, stamina and flexibility so I'm ready when I can take classes. At this point in time, I'm also finishing up a degree and trying to find internships.

My life is a little crazy, but I really need to focus on my training and my practice a lot more. It seems like I can focus on one and not the other. Having someone to be accountable to (other than myself) would be a huge boon. :) 

(Also, we're in the same guild! Woot!)

"No power in the 'verse can stop me."

Current Challenge: Stooshie is a Leaf on the Wind

Past Challenges: The road goes ever, ever on!

Oooh can I join you all? I workout 6 days and week and am always trying new recipes. I'm not dousing on losing weight as I am at a healthy weight, but I do run and lift weights. I'm a 25 year old females who works from home and can't find a reliable workout buddy around me lol. Also I'm married, have an awesome cat, and love Disney and Pixar movies, although I don't have kids. :)

Thanks for the replies, gals!

I'd like the idea of forming a trio group. We'll form a miniature alliance to help level-up ourselves.

So far my idea is we can make goals for ourselves each week and have a point system to keep accountable. We can have a googledoc and set out progress side by side and make sure we've on the same track. For example:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak9_jZjjIhvOdEg0SThmajc1cno1N0tVNnl4cWJ6TWc&usp=sharing

This is a basic idea but throw any ideas you think might help kick into gear.

@AyeshaSchroeder: I love trading recipes! I'm trying to one-up my cooking skills so maybe we can help out in that field as well

Awesome! This sounds absolutely fantastic! I'm super excited to get started on all of this now! 

I definitely like the googledoc idea. It would be a super easy way for us to check up on each other.  It would also force me to finally sit down and plan things out. I'm too good at flying by the seat of my pants and making things up as I go. It generally works very well, but I need to work on the whole "pre-planning" aspect. I would propose that we each choose a particular reward for ourselves after earning a certain amount of points. For reaching the 100 or 150 point could mean a new book, a massage, a new video game or some kind of fun activity. It'll give us a little something to look forward to on those days that we -really- don't want to go on that run. 

How do we want to assign points for workouts? Do we want to estimate it for ourselves or set some general ground rules? 

Also, I'm totally up for recipe swapping. I'm also a big playlist and book swapper as well!

Oooo, I love the rewards idea. There are a ton of Steam games I can work towards.

I wish I could improvise workouts! But I have to plan them otherwise I have no clue if it did anything xD Food I improvise though and that works out but I need to have desserts restraint.

PLAYLISTS, YES. I'm always looking for pump up music. And definitely on those books :)

That's a good question about the points. If there are general ground rules, it will be easier to know when to push another to catch up, but then estimating it for ourselves is good for our individual goals that maybe don't measure with each other? Hmm, okay:

Workouts= 5 points

Good Diet= 5 points

Small Individual Goals=2 points

Large Individual Goals=10 points

Reward Landmarks= 150, 300, 450, 600, 750 etc.

Or we can do landmarks like leveling up and make the next reward a little farther away. 150, 350, 550, 750, 950 etc.

What do you think?

Hahaha! Excellent! The rewards idea usually helps me. There have been times that I had issues keeping up my motivation with the running, but the rewards helped on those days. 

It took me a while to get to the improvisation point. At the moment, I generally just follow a particular series of plans. I don't have the brain cells to improvise much lately thanks to classes. Ohhh, desserts are always hard to pass up. I understand. I'm a sucker for baked goods of any kind and dark chocolate. 

YAY! I'm a music and book junkie. This is going to be so much fun and so ridiculously efficient at the same time!

The points look great to me! One question, do we want to do good diet per week or per day? I would say that we make the landmarks a little further away each time. As we get further into this, we'll possibly be working out more. Plus our willpower will be much higher by that point so it'll be easier for us to stick to our goals. 

What do you think? :)

Ooo! Good choices, all of them! Those are fantastic! I hear you on the cheapo part. xD I always wait for the sales. 

I'm not sure at the moment. I am in need of new clothing. Although there are some movies out on DVD that I do really want. Maybe Frozen? :D