Kingclumsy's Imaginitively Titled Battle Log

Bit of a mental battle to start off.

Well I've dropped out of the current challenge, but I want to stick with fitness.

I want to quit the gym but I also want to build muscle.

I want to skate roller derby but I don't want to become a referee

I've got a new job. That's a definite. Beyond that? I don't know. J

umpy thoughts, thought to thought to thought I think I need to slow down and simplify. Calm down, meditate more and chill but I also thinking "And now this plan which will solve all my problems"

stop trying to be something and just be.

I'm not sure how I'll go about it.

Current Dilemma: I've got a commute that involves 2 miles to the train station

Do I buy a bike when I've barely learnt in my life and have horrendous balance and spatial awareness

I used to run some, almost to the point of running a half marathon. Its an easy run but would take much longer. However theres no cost involved as I've already got decent running gear. Also, if I manage to arrange a lift to my new job I wont have sunk money into a bike.

I'll go to the gym tonight, maybe run a mile and see how I feel afterwards :)I'll do some lifting afterwards.

At least get back on being able to do pushups and pressups. I'm back in myfitnesspal too so add me and gimme some accountability.

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None

Day 1

5x5 sets of

Incline dumbell press, 12.5 kg each hand

Pull up with 60kg counterweight

bicep curl with 12.5kg dumbell in each hand

ran a 12 minute mile

Out of practice with weights, running doubly so but really pleased. Kinda shows me how much progress i made before by showing me how knackered i am now

Level 3 Roller Knight

5x5 Assisted Pull ups

alternating with

5x5 Assisted Dips

Both with 60kg counterweight

3x15 20kg overhead press

3x10 25kg (2x12.5kg dumbell) press.

These last two were experiements with lower weights and varying speeds, doing a1/3 warmups, 1/3 controlled 1/3 explosive speed. certainly got me into a sweat!)

Tried to go rowing (as i accidentally packed my flat soled shoes instead of running shoes) but my movement kept making the machine jump backwards a little with every cycle! I'm so bad*ss I can row a stationary rowing machine!

Couldve done more but it wasnt until afterwards I realised I'm really not feeling great. Not particularly ill, just not on form

Level 3 Roller Knight

Right. Back on this as I just completed run 2 of my plan to run (some of the way) to work. 1.8 miles from my house to Cheltenham Spa train station where I get the train to the town where I have worked since Monday. I ran it on monday in 22minutes and today in 24 with a pack full of work clothes on my back too :) Not bad and I'll keep doing it. I eventually want to be able to jog to and from the station every day. but 1 jog about every other day will do fine for now :)

I need to start packing for work though. I forgot to pack my lunch and got held up because I had to dash back for my passport and phone. So I got onto the platform as the train arrived. I got to work okay but I don't like leaving things that close.

Still have a month of Gym membership left... may go this weekend as this new found running time still neglects my already skinny and out of proportion top half. Time for chest presses and overhead lifts methinks.

Reading "Plant powered men" at the moment. Its a bit hit and miss but in between people singing the sometimes slightly incredudulous virtues of a vegan diet there are some pretty inspiring stories :)

Level 3 Roller Knight

Monday

Stronglifts 5x5 

20kg Squat

20kg overhead press

40kg 3x5 Deadlift

Today:

Part 1 of two consecutive days split into upper and lower body

20kg overhead press

20kg bench press

20kg barbell row,

10kg Tricep extension

all 5x5

Life Goals: 

To be honest, I was suspended from my probationary period at the electricity company I worked for on Tuesday. My own fault in the long run. So after a trip to the zoo with my wife and my mother (tl;dr bats are CUTE) I applied for 6 jobs today. Been rejected for 1 and I've got an interview for another. Cool huh?

Level 3 Roller Knight

You got some good info posted brother. Hey brother I wish you the best with getting a job ,and I am sending positive mojo your way!

Thanks dude :) I appreciate it. Ive got a pre interview on Tuesday (and maybe an interview on friday) which is cool. 

In the mean time, it means going to the gym when its quiet, and so leg day, quick! While the Squat Racks are free!

Level 3 Roller Knight

Friday 15th

Stronglifts Part 2

5x5 30kg Squats

3x5 35kg Deadlifts

Both slow focused on form

10 pushups, managing to reach about half way down

1km row in 4:40

Saturday and Sunday: Had a friend visit, so days off with nerdy boardgames :D

Level 3 Roller Knight

Stronglifts 5x5

Week 2 Day 1:

Pattern B

Warmup: 5 minute row, 1100 meters

Squats 27.5kg 5x5

Benchpress  22.5kg 5x5

Barbell Row 20kg 5x5 

Pull ups (60kg assist= 25kg lift..ish) 5x5

5 35 Second planks (in between the sets of the barbell row)

Level 3 Roller Knight

1 Mile in 13 mins (Done better but not in a while)

1km rowing in 4:45

Overhead press: 2x5 25kg 3x5 20kg (because i couldnt get to a barbell i could vary the weights on)

Squats: 5x5 27.5kg (because I think i jumped too quick last time but was easy this time)

Deadlift: 37.5kg 3x5

10 half way down pressups

30second plank

Level 3 Roller Knight