Ferocious Fort William Fall Festival of Forceful Fitness - Scottish Weekend Meet-Up - 3-5 October 2014

Meanwhile+In+Scotland.+as+seen+in+other+

Are you a Nerd?

nerd-fitness-logo.png

Would you like to head to the Scottish Highlands for a weekend with lots of other Nerds?

fw.jpg

Do you like cake?

mariocake-thumb-300x400.jpg

Or whisky?

clynelish-big.png

Or beer?

sipa1.jpg

Or bacon?

73.JPG

Can you get yourself to Edinburgh (or direct to Fort William) on 3 October?

tumblr_mpmug5yt4N1qkqgkeo1_500.jpg

Guzzi and I are planning an epic weekend of fun, frolics and heavy lifting and would love it if you came along.

There will be a (very informal) powerlifting competition for those who want to take part.

There will be eating and drinking.

There will almost certainly be a variety of outdoor pursuits (well, Fort William is famed for it).

More details to follow but please post your notes of interest here!

• Like 1

I'm working on pricing up a few different accommodation options, I'll post them up once I've got a more complete idea of costs.

Also, if anyone is thinking of coming up in advance/ leaving late just let me know. Im sure I can put you up. :)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I may or may not have been poked over here by a certain Guzzi. Fort William is . . . an extremely long way away. Extremely long. Like seven hundred miles away.

I am interested. But . . . fourteen hundred mile round trip? And I'm already (hopefully) going to Scotland (in the Glasgowy area) in July. And that's about twelve hundred miles in a round trip providing I don't do my planned detours.

I am interested, don't get me wrong, but that's a long way. I could go to the Europe wide meetup and probably travel the same distance! Not that I know where the Europe meet is being help mind, but last I saw people were throwing around ideas of kind-of Paris.

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

]"When all treasures are tried . . . truth is the fairest." - Langland

I may or may not have been poked over here by a certain Guzzi. Fort William is . . . an extremely long way away. Extremely long. Like seven hundred miles away....

Think of it as an adventure! :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Let's brainstorm what we want to do.

I'd like to see:

• A Nerd powerlifting meet
  • Some sort of hillwalking
  • A mini Highland games
  • A whisky tasting (I'll bring whisky and Jaymul might be able to be convinced)
  • A ceilidh (Pretty pretty please)
  • Chocolate brownie protein pancakes with peanut butter fluff
  • Steaks of unusual size
  • A birthday party and cake for Guzzi ;-)

Any more ideas?

My husband's setting up streaming so even if you can't be there then you can watch us all have fun!

• Like 6

Brilliant!  No idea what i'm up to in October - but this sounds like an excellent plan!  By then I might have managed to graduate from bodyweight workouts on to weight room workouts.......  Though I must remember ceilidhs are not opportunities to practise leg sweeps and takedowns.   Have had more bruises from ceilidhs than kickboxing!

NF challenges: March 2018 , 12 , 11 , 10, 9876, 54321

Brilliant!  No idea what i'm up to in October - but this sounds like an excellent plan!  By then I might have managed to graduate from bodyweight workouts on to weight room workouts.......  Though I must remember ceilidhs are not opportunities to practise leg sweeps and takedowns.   Have had more bruises from ceilidhs than kickboxing!

Strip the willow is lethal for that (particularly the Orcadian variant).

Haaii everybody (done in the crazy doctors voice from the Simpsons), I'm so happy I found this. I've been meaning to visit my Grandfather and climb Ben Nevis so this could be the perfect excuse to come up there! Even though I'm more into gymnastic body weight stuff, I can't say no to Scotland, (born outside Edinburgh, only lived there for a year), meat and beer/whiskey!

immyjames the level 2 Human 
Assassin at heart, training with the Monk 
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 2|STA 2|WIS 2|CHA 1
Current challenge

Battlelog: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38914-jimmyjames-battle-log/#entry764580