Mitch Dee goes for a Walkabout

Welp, just accidently erased this post before it was posted, so now it’s just the facts.

Day 2: Tuesday

• Food: 2819 cal….opps, it’s over my goal limit, but still below my “daily caloric whatever it’s called’ thingy
  • Exercise: forgot to stretch and I can feel it this morning, that and I think I slept wrong.  Did not get to my BW workout and am a little pissed at myself for that…spent too much time making lunch.  Did get in reps of standard and knee pushups for PvP though.
  • Mind: Completed last homework assignment (hopefully forever)!!
  • Spirit:  Got down on myself a little due to no workout and rice and fast fun run-in, but was able to control it enough to avoid a binge.

Focus on the good:

• Myself: my hair is very soft today (per wifeDee)
  • Life: last day of regular school, only one final to go after this!

And now for some perspective:

a-mc-random-33_zpsa97cf4e2.jpg

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Love your perspective inspiration! It makes me want to dance :)

No worries on going over on your calories yesterday. You're just doing this to track right now, right? No judgment necessary! And you didn't binge when you were feeling down? Victory!

Congrats on getting to the end of regular school and on completing your LAST HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT. That must feel awesome!

Also, even if you didn't get in all of the exercising and stretching you wanted yesterday, you DID get in some which is WAY more than none. Awesome. 

Day 3!!!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

Hiya Mitch! Just stopping by to say I was looking for your daily update. I'll try to check back in later today to see if it's up then!

Hope everything is going well :)

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

Just wanted to chime in here - your pic about Optimism made me laugh so hard I had to explain to everyone in the room with me what I was laughing at.

Looking forward to reading more of your updates, keep the progress going!

Don't let the wife's tasty bread baking entice you - I suggest taking some and bringing it to a pond maybe? (If you have one convenient nearby) Then you can start feeding ducks with it... by the time all the ducks realize you have bread, they'll be chasing you around the pond, and then you not only get rid of the bread, but hey! bonus cardio!

• Like 1

Aife | Lvl 0 Adventurer

Half Amazon-Half Wild Elf

STR {0} DEX {0} STA {0} CON {0} WIS {0} CHA {0}

well....that sucked...

Day 3: Wed

well life was going good, last day of classes was on a little bit of a high and actually feeling good about an accomplishment of mine......enter self-destructive tendencies (queue scary music and thunder)…

While at the store to grab a few things I ended up with Tyson chicken nuggets, shells and cheese, a can of Pringles…defiantly not on the list…on the way home, stopped by White Castle and ordered a 10 piece motz stick.  I’m sure you can see where this is going, made some nuggets and mac n’ cheese for the midget while I destroyed the mozzarella sticks (all ten), then I made my way into half the can of Pringles while finishing off the cooking; and then helped myself to a dozen or so nuggets and a generous portion of mac ‘n cheese.  Ate so much that my stomach physically hurt, it hurt to move even, not a good combo when added with midget duty.  So I spent the next 15 mins purging….leave it to say I did not do anything to reach any goals that day

Day 4: Thurs

Spent the day in a shame spiral…but luckily work was so psychotic that I was only able to really focus on it instead of self pitty, by the end of the day I dusted myself off….again

Did get in some pvp pushups and did not eat too terribly..Brats are protein, so they count J

I am erasing the last days from my head now, consider it dance practice!  Goin’ to charge into work and get my PvP pushups done…

da-mo-192_zpsf082f0e3.jpg

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

These things are going to happen. The goal here is to make them happen less and less and less until they just don't really happen much anymore. You are right to just push it back. Acknowledge it. This happened, it is the past. Now it's time to move forward.

I know I come from a different place, not having a huge weight issue, however my food habits in the past (and even still sometimes) were atrocious. I ate awfully, binged on crap. When I first started on NF, I wanted to see what would happen if I just ate paleo. I tried, failed, tried failed. Finally I just went with "Okay, let's get through ONE DAY of paleo." I got that one day, then I had a couple "normal" days. Then I set my goal to two...then 3...etc. And eventually I was able to do a week....and eventually Whole30 (twice). It is difficult to defeat these food demons. But you CAN do it. One step at a time. Small changes are the easiest to keep and build upon.

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Did get in some pvp pushups and did not eat too terribly..Brats are protein, so they count J

I am erasing the last days from my head now, consider it dance practice!  Goin’ to charge into work and get my PvP pushups done…

da-mo-192_zpsf082f0e3.jpg

THIS! YES! Great job Mitch :) You rock for a ) coming back to fill us in and b ) the honest update. Bonus points for those, for sure.

You are, like, 3/4ths of the way through your challenge. You've got this!!! 

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

Yep, Just doing a bit of the cha-cha. The next day was forward with push ups and decent food. It is so hard to change  habits you've spent a lifetime making bad food choices, it is going to take a while to change, but you are getting there! It is week 3 of the PVP challenge, and you have consistently put in good numbers all three weeks and been upping your pushups, that right there is a big win!

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hi Mitch, just swinging by for your update from the rest of the week. I'll be back later.

Good luck on finals this week!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

Thank you all for checking in on my, I swear I am still alive...but between finals, a 2 day migraine, work, having a new roof put on the house and of course the midget I have been a little scattered...oh, and the parental units are coming to visit.

I will give an update later, and will be locking in a better routine by this weekend.

Much nerd luv to you all and I have been reading all the posts I can so just know I am still sliently stalking you all!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Thanks for the check in Mitch!

Sorry about the migraine... yikes!!! Sounds like some crazy stuff happening in your life this week. Looking forward to your update later and hearing about your routine later in the week.

Hope things even out a little and you enjoy the visit from your parents! 

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver