The trials and Tribulations of Danial the Ogre Monk.

So let's get started with a little bit of background.

2012 was the worst year of my life.  I weighed in ad 332 lbs, I don't even KNOW what my other relavent stats were, except that my A1C was at 9.6  for those of you familiar with the medical field, that is the Wilford Brimleys right there(diabetes)  I had to have a heart cath, after my brother passed away from a freak heart attack, and we lost a couple of very close family members.  it was rough.  Fast forward to January 2014, I had done a little to get myself in line, but I still weighed in at 324, Here' the relavent tracking stats.

January 4th

Weight                        324

Cholesterol                 228

A1C                            6.4

Body Fat Percentage 37.7

BMI                            41.2

Blood Pressure          140/90

Dumbell Row              35's

Dumbell Press            35's

Pant size                    46

Shirt size                    3xl(tight)

April 2nd

Weight                        298

Cholesterol                 143

A1C                            5.2

Body Fat Percentage 29.7

BMI                            40.2

Blood Pressure          120/80

Dumbell Row              60's

Dumbell Press            70's

Pant size                    42

Shirt size                    2xl(tight)

So far huge progress, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be.

so I hate deadlifts, I think they are not fun...  but I should probably be doing SOMETHING like that, because i need to tone/build my belly and back muscles.  I carry all my weight in my center mass, my forearms are beginning to show definition, but I'm still very fat, and have a long ways to go on the rest of me(except my calves, my calves are AWESOME)

Anyone else start out in these upper ranges and get things toned?  I'm not going to stop. I feel amazing, and i'm effectively kicking Diabetes ass.  I'm off insulin, and off all other injectables. I just take Metformin at this point, and Cholesterol and blood pressure meds. but honestly if I keep this up i'm really looking to get off of those as well.

Paleo is amazing. I was worried about my cholesterol going up.  it did not go up, obviously, in fact it went WAY down, Amazing!

Anyways, that's today. here's to keeping up the solid progress!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

If you currently hate deadlifts, don't do them. I'm currently venturing into those waters, slowly but surely. Maybe do squats for the compound leg movement and some sort of row for the back muscles instead?  Steve has a great article or two regarding squats and how to build up to a pull up (which talks about row options).

Anywho.. my2c on the matter.

Here's to you hitting your goals!

:victorious:

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus