It was on 4/2/2014 that I became a member of the nerd fitness family. When I started I weighed 83kg and I was overweight for a guy who is just 5'5''(165cm) tall, I simply had enough of being out of shape and promised myself that I was going to do something about it. Back then I could barely even do a push up and my CV fitness was horrendous.

After spending quite a few hours exploring the vast amount of free resources nerd fitness had to offer (and still does); plus some more research reading literature recommended by nerd fitness and its wonderful members I set myself a routine. I adopted the paleo diet, got a gym membership and stuck with it.

The first week was probably the toughest of them all, DOMS kicked in and sticking to my diet was also really difficult for me as I had a very carb-heavy diet for all my life really. However, after about two weeks I saw my weight on the scales going down, this was probably one of the most motivating things that I have ever experienced in my life. From then onwards working out became fun for me, I looked forward to every single workout that I was going to do.

Fast forwarding to today, I can do 10 pushups, 3 chinups, I learnt how to swim and am improving it, deadlift 100kg and I aim to improve all of these figures. I currently weigh 72kg and am feeling better and fitter than ever.

Targets: I aim to get my bodyweight to the mid-high 60s, be able to do 100 pushups and 10 pullups. I also aim to improve my running and swimming (CV fitness in general really) and last but not least keep putting on lean muscle.

I really can't describe how grateful I am to all of you guys here in nerd fitness. Your success stories helped inspire me and still drive me to work as hard as I possibly can. Special thanks to a guy called Scooby1961(youtube), his workouts really helped me build strength and provided me with a vast amount of helpful knowledge and encouragement.

That's all from me for now, have a good Easter holiday all. May the Force be with you!

That's brilliant. You've done amazing to achieve all that in just 2 months, big congrats. :D it's so good to see just what a positive influence this place, and all it's members are.

Thanks for posting, and good luck with reaching the rest of your goals. :encouragement:

Ps. The Yankees might read your date at the top as 2nd of April 2014. They're funny like that ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously