The beginning of a long, slow journey...

...has had far more of a kick-butt start than I'd hoped for.

Way more.

But I'll get to that in a moment.

Hi!

Nice to meet you all!

I first found this site about 2 months ago, after doing a Google search for 'cheap ways to eat healthy.'  It linked me to the spaghetti squash spaghetti recipe, and I found myself so entertained by the article, that I started to poke around the rest of the site.

Come to find out, it was just what I'd needed.

I've been heavy my entire life.  I've never known what it was like to have a body that's 'normal size.'

In spite of that, I have also always had a great family, amazing friends, a brain in my head, a good career...just that one piece...

At times I've been at a higher weight then others, I've dieted god knows how many times, either to no success, or to revert back to my old way of eating, and pack the weight right back on...and then some.

Up until about three years ago, I binge-ate, in large part because of out of control reproductive system.  And the food I chose, was not pretty.

Trust me, though...I'm not using that as an excuse.  Hormones didn't hold a gun to my head, and force me to roll through McDonalds.  Just because controlling myself was difficult, didn't mean it was impossible, and I didn't want it badly enough to work for it.  I'm not a victim, those were my choices.

Fast forward to two months ago, and one hysterectomy later, and I still hadn't been making the right choices, and my weight had ballooned up to 382 pounds,  On a 5'6" female.  When I caught the flu, they had to up my blood pressure meds, because those numbers had skyrocketed, too.

I don't know why that was my wake-up call, but it was.

So I found the Nerd Fitness site, and the information about Paleo, which really interested me.  "Meat, seafood, and produce?  I can do that.  I like those things."

I set about researching Paleo.  And what I found, I liked.  So I decided to try it.

Because when I sat down, and was really honest with myself?  It was that, or weight-loss surgery.  I was at that point.  I needed to do something, and fast.

In talking to a friend at work, she mentioned that she was interested in it too, and she joined me.

We've been eating Paleo since March 3rd, and on March 10th, we quit smoking.

And in my first month of Paleo, I was overwhelmed to find out when I weighed a couple of days ago, that I'd lost 37.4 pounds.

That's huge, and motivating, and reason enough to keep going.

I like what I'm eating, I'm satisfied, I'm sleeping a thousand times better.  My hair and nails are growing like mad, my skin's lost the scaliness it had, I'm more alert and focused at work...

My body loves this.

I know I've got a long, long way to go, and no, I'm not going to lose at anything near this rte from now on.

But from 382 to 344.6 in a month, is a miracle.

Anyway, I expected that to be a lot shorter, but that's me.

Hi!

• Like 1

Wow! By 'eck girl! What a way to start. *thumbs up*

There's plenty of people on here who will be inspired by your progress so far, and plenty who will help you take it even further. Welcome to the rebellion!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Welcome!!!  Great that you have seen a dramatic effect of what eating healthy will do for you!

Have you found the 6-week challenge forums yet?

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Great start, stick with it here, there are a lot of good and motivating people here, many have made or are still making tough journeys and some fall off the wagon but there is always help to get back on.

You are not alone, keep on sharing you success and you will motivate others and others will motivate you.

Were all human we have bad days, the car won't start, its raining, its been a bad day at work and you reach for the donut and you eat it, its not the end of the world, come on here and I bet within a short while you will be motivated and back on course.

I have a note above the mirror inside my wardrobe door it says "has the fat bloke gone yet" my answer is not quite but he is now packing his bags.

It is not a short journey and at times its not an easy journey but no matter how far you stray from the path following the advice on this site you can always find your way back to the path.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

btw, I did say "we are all human" some people are superhuman, visit Guzzis workout blog and you will see how the human spirit can overcome unbelievable adversity.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.