A quest to personal freedom

I was watching a

today that was pretty interesting but what got stuck in my mind were some words in the end of it.

"No matter what you do, time is ticking away."

Yeah, time is passing by even now when I type this and when you read it. We can't stop it. It's a race we can't win yet it can be the most enjoyable one we will ever be in. All there is to do is to try. Not just simply accepting our limits but to do our best to overcome them.

I want to overcome my limits and fears and move everyday closer to becoming the man I want to be. And as every story this one has to have a beginning so here are some of the things I must do to move closer to the stars.

September quests (The quests where it all started)

- Try out the Paleo diet for a whole month without any interuptions (Yummy (?) quest)

- Establish a workout habit (Pain&sweat quest)

- Find a part-time job (Get paid quest)

- Start and finish reading the books on logic and sociology (Bookworm quest)

- Get acquainted with at least 3 strangers (Say hello quest) - DONE

(These quests may seem easy to some of you but this is a major change in my lifestyle so I hope I can make it. :) )

"In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don’t. You’d think with all the problems in this world, there’d be more answers. It’s not fair… but the way things are. The choice is yours." Zidane FF IX

Hey Masaru - way to go on starting your epic quests! You should look at making your Pain & Sweat Quest much more specific - the other quests are pretty reasonable as far as solid goals go, but "Establish a workout habit" might be a bit trickier to achieve without the what, how, and when laid out. How do you want to establish the habits, what sort of workouts and activities will you do so, what is your workout schedule, and how are you going to make sure you stick to it?

And nope - none of these quests are easy, not by a long shot. Stepping out of your shell and developing new habits is never easy, but it definitely gets a heck of a lot easier as time goes on!

Thanks. Actually I had in mind the Beginner workout circuit that was posted on the blog with a little modification like replacing the dumbells row with pull ups and adding 10% every week to the reps etc. I wanted to post specific goals like 10 pull ups the next month but you are right, it is a little bit vague like this. :D

"In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don’t. You’d think with all the problems in this world, there’d be more answers. It’s not fair… but the way things are. The choice is yours." Zidane FF IX