Dazed, confused, and looking for fitness friends! Anyone like boxing?

Speaking of Dazed and Confused, I'm in Austin. I've been reading Nerd Fitness articles for over a year now and I've decided to crawl out from under my rock and try to navigate the forums. I keep trying to stay on track, but it only lasts so long before I cave in again. I'm always in this on my own because no one around me is too into fitness. I can only imagine how inspiring it would be to have a bunch of people working with me and cheering each other on. I've grown up as an overweight kid and I've finally made it to average weight, but it's not good enough for me. I want to maintain a healthy diet and be strong. I wouldn't mind if that strength showed either. So I'm really hoping to buckle up and accomplish the goals I've had for so many years.

Who's with me? What are you guys doing to stay on track? I'm in martial arts, focusing on boxing!

post-20425-0-97905400-1396922411_thumb.j

~mutant and proud, idjit~

Hey Olivia, you're in luck - lots of NF people are in Austin including one Administrator Staci, AKA Spezzy.  And there's an upcoming event April 19th.  Make it to that and you'll see that you aren't on your own.  Even if you can't make it, I think you'll find with the message boards and challenges that many people are going through similar experiences.  I use the message boards to inspire me and to give me new ideas.  Hope this helps you get started with the group.  

Check out my still-fighting-it-battle-log 

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Hey Olivia, you're in luck - lots of NF people are in Austin including one Administrator Staci, AKA Spezzy.  And there's an upcoming event April 19th.  Make it to that and you'll see that you aren't on your own.  Even if you can't make it, I think you'll find with the message boards and challenges that many people are going through similar experiences.  I use the message boards to inspire me and to give me new ideas.  Hope this helps you get started with the group.  

Thanks, ARock! I didn't realize there were so many NF people here! I unfortunately cannot make it to that hike, but thanks for the info! I think my biggest obstacle is understanding how to use forums =_= I'll figure it out! Thanks so much!

~mutant and proud, idjit~

There's a new 6 week challenge about to start on Monday, that's a great way for you to get motivated and keep on track.  You'll get lots of advice and support, and they're good fun too.  Just nip over to the 6 week challenge sub forum for a look around, read the rules and instructions, and have a wee peek at some of the threads. You'll get loads of ideas for what you might want to do yourself.

Good Luck

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously