This PvP is a go, as of Monday, April 14th. It can be joined and followed here;

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46874-the-pushup-quidditch-cup-live-game-thread/

OK, so this idea came to me as a result if the last PvP I did.

Basically, there are 2 or more teams, each made up of a Beater, 2 Chasers, a Keeper and a Seeker.

The Chasers score points by doing pushups.

The Keeper negates points by doing pushups.

The Beater's pushups decrease those of one of the Chasers (the beater specifies who to target in advance. The target chaser's points can't be made negative, so excess difference is lost. Eg if the target chaser scored 100 and the beater did 150, only 100 points would be negated.

The Seeker tries to complete a really tough weekly challenge (which gets easier each week)
if the Seeker completes the challenge, their team gets a specified number of points. For example 600 pushups week 1, 500 week 2, 400 week 3, etc. In a 6 week challenge, the points would be up for grabs each week, otherwise, the game would be over.

Points could be tallied weekly manually or we could use a Google form.

Who'd be up for trying this as a PvP for the next challenge? We'd need at least 10 players, and can add extra beaters/chasers/teams as needed.

Signup Sheet

1. ChristArtist
  2. Chris-Tien Jinn
  3. ApfelStrudi
  4. Phylanx
  5. ORazor
  6. Chillkröte
  7. Elastigirl
  8. Anim07734
  9. Raev
  10. Mitch Dee
  11. AlexCold
  12. BarefootDawsy
  13. Batwoman
  • Like 1

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Are lower-level push ups allowed? I can't do a proper push up, so I put a swiss ball under my legs and do them that way (I guess that's some kind of equivalent of a knee push up)

I can only do about 10 full at a time.  It took me all day to get through the burpees for the Olympics challenge because of it.

Would it be too unbalanced to allow different positions to have different exercises? 

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

I'm in.

On differant levels: Barefoot started this PVP in another thread in general fitness. I think the plan was to assign varying pt levels to push up difficulty.  Knee push ups were .5, I figured incline or swiss ball push ups would fit in that category.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

We could use the @Endor pushup scale to make it all-inclusive and fair :)

- leaning against wall = 0.25 points

- on knees = 0.5 points

- standard pushup = 1 points

- feet elevated pushups = 1.5 points

- clapping pushup = 2 points

- one arm pushups = 3 points

@ChristArtist and @LycanThom used it in our last PvP with much success!

Sorry, forgot to add this bit to the new thread too
  • Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Sounds great, good idea mate. 

Not for me though unfortunately, I seem to have developed tendinitis in my forearm, I think a combination of too much mousing, squash, pushups and pullups.  The joys of getting old  :rolleyes: . 

I've also got no restraint when it comes to competitive stuff so I generally don't get involved in open ended games or I end up obsessively pursuing a win to the detriment of all else!!

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Ok, with the exchange rate established, I could do this - and it sounds fun.  Pushups are not my fav exercise.  Like vegetables, I'll bribe myself with friendly competition to get them done!!

• Like 1

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

Sounds great, good idea mate.

Not for me though unfortunately, I seem to have developed tendinitis in my forearm, I think a combination of too much mousing, squash, pushups and pullups. The joys of getting old :rolleyes: .

I've also got no restraint when it comes to competitive stuff so I generally don't get involved in open ended games or I end up obsessively pursuing a win to the detriment of all else!!

That sux mate. Take it easy and fix yourself up....you've got Armstrong to do next week ;)

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Book me in while you're at it...blew my Achilles at Kendo last night...looks like I'm doing arms this challenge afterall :)

Oh no that sounds serious. Just a tear or a full rupture? You're not in a boot are you?

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Oh no that sounds serious. Just a tear or a full rupture? You're not in a boot are you?

Hoping it's just a strain..haven't seen the doctor yet...going to take it easy for a little bit. We're off to Armidale for a week, so no Kendo for a fortnight = lots of rest. Did my first day of beginner Armstrong today...was good (and hard). Definitely glad that there's a pre-armstrong course!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Book me in while you're at it...blew my Achilles at Kendo last night...looks like I'm doing arms this challenge afterall :)

No way!

I had mine re attached in 2012... same one that is in the boot now. ..

I hope there is no damage, just a strain. Ice and rest, man!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

WTF? Started already? During rest week?!

You know what happens to cheaters don't you?!

http://global3.memecdn.com/cheats-never-prosper_webm_2402839.webm

OMG - that's cute.  But what is this "rest week" of which you speak? 

Lol! Not cheating, I swear! Just getting my spreadsheet in order and sussing out how it all works. The instructions/tracking sheet on the Armstrong site is terrible, don't you think?

I haven't actually looked at the content too closely yet, still snowed at work. 

OMG - that's cute.  But what is this "rest week" of which you speak? 

You know every 6 weeks you "deload" i.e. sit on your big behind, eat pizza and chocolate, drink beer and generally veg out......

09d2afd392e4b1a2e5b1052259eefd578283c928

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge