(nm_the_niceguy) I'm Tired

Tired of being overweight, tired of my fitness level spiraling downward, tired of hating how I look and feel, and tired of being tired all the time. It's time for a change, and it's time to build the guy I wanna be.

I am a 28 year old who weighs 215 lbs and stands 5'10". 5'11" if I'm trying to impress a girl. Guesstimating by how I look in the mirror and comparing that to the NF article on body fat, I'd say I resemble the 20-22% body fat dude, and heading the wrong way on that scale. It's time I changed directions. 

Looking at myself I can see the body I'd like underneath the one I have, I just need to find out how to unlock it. This seems like it might be the place for me to finally find the push I need to stay on track (I won't admit to the number of times I have resolved to get thinner, and failed to follow through, but it's more than one and less than a hundred)

So my goals are as follows: 

-  Achieve 14-15% body fat. I'd say I want to be less than 10%, but I love bread and pasta far too much. I know I won't be able to commit to the kind of diet required to achieve that. Not yet anyway. I'll be happy if I can get thin enough that you can't 'pinch an inch'

-  Get my waist down to 35 inches or less. I used to be 36 inches, and now I'm pushing over 38. I'd like to get under my old 'norm'

-  Be able to do 10 reps of pull-ups. Self explanatory. I just want to be able to say I can.

-  Complete a half marathon in under 2 hours. I did one a few years ago in the winter (in Canada) and had to walk a bit at the 17km (a half marathon is 21.1 km in metric). Took me 2:38 and I was disappointed in myself because I failed to train properly and did poorly. I'd like redemption.

About me (the not-fitness related bits):

-  I like table top games entirely more than I aught to. Personal favorites are Pandemic, The Duke, and Arkham Horror.

-  I roleplay. I am actually Dungeon Mastering for the first time in a Pathfinder campaign. It's a blast.

-  I play a lot of video games. Currently I'm playing a lot of shooters, but I dabble in all genres.

-  I genuinely like things that some people can't even enjoy ironically. Like Bruce Campbell's movies, bad puns, electronic music, and Pacific Rim

Anyway, it's good to be here and I look forward to my first 6 week challenge, and trying to find out what type of adventurer I am! Also my name is nm_the_niceguy because that's what I always go by online. Also, it's true. I'm a nice guy.

• Like 3

Level 1 Assassinitiate

STR: 1 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 2

Challenges:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46935-nm-the-niceguys-journey-begins/

Welcome, welcome!!!

You've got some great goals, glad you decided to join us!

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Good goals.  One of my unstated goals is to get back down to a 36 or below, where I was in high school.

The only thing I have seen that I remember with Bruce Campbell was his role in Burn Notice, I thought he did good.

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

Hey man great to see you here and making what will hopefully be your first step to success. It's great to see you know what you want and we'll all be here to help any way we can.

Any Idea what your goals will be for the challenge to start you on the way towards your end results.

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

Good goals dude, good luck.

Level 2 Rebel
STR: 5    DEX: 1    STA: 7    CON: 6    WIS: 4    CHA: 4

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Latest Challenge

Challenge 1

Hey man great to see you here and making what will hopefully be your first step to success. It's great to see you know what you want and we'll all be here to help any way we can.

Any Idea what your goals will be for the challenge to start you on the way towards your end results.

I just posted my first challenge. My main quest is my waistline. I don't think I'll get it in 6 weeks, but we'll see.

Level 1 Assassinitiate

STR: 1 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 2

Challenges:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46935-nm-the-niceguys-journey-begins/