What made you smile today?

21 hours ago, RandMart said:

Also, Rule #12

The correct number of bikes to own is 

n+1.

While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Yes, the infamous rule number 12. Hard to perfect, but worth the effort. Something like having cake and eating it too.

Btw: I also noticed there should be an addition to the rule for stolen bikes, though it is not as simple as n+1, because a stolen bike is not equal to just a new bike. Also , progressive stolen bikes diminish the need for replacements from, say, n=5. Tricky math.

Haha! You really are getting guilt tripped by the gals in your life, huh Rand? First I rope you in to posting in the newbie section and now you're getting it from your cycling buddies too! :D 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I teach a restorative yoga class every week, it's designed for older people, people with injuries or physical problems, and pregnant ladies.  One of my regular students has a replacement knee, spinal stenosis, and arthritis among other issues, and he often has days where he struggles with a lot of pain.  Today after class he mentioned that yesterday was a rough one, and as they were getting dinner his wife noticed his pain and asked "Are you sure you're up to yoga tomorrow?"

He told me that as soon as he realized he was going to be in class the next day that he started feeling better and told her "of course I'm going, the best I feel each week is after that class".

I haven't stopped smiling since!

• Like 7

Easeful, Peaceful, Useful... "An easeful body, and a peaceful mind, allow you to become a useful person" -Swami Satchidananda

49 minutes ago, Bearded_Dragon said:

slightly different drawings, but drawings are definitely there!

That's ok then.  It would have been a little creepy if you had child-like drawings of me on your fridge. :unsure: 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

23 hours ago, RandMart said:

The key word in this case, may be "own" = how many bikes are in your possession

Someone steals your bike; you need a replacement ... you don't necessarily need to BUY a new one [and new here means "mew to you" as flea market and yard sales bikes would certainly suffice], but that gap needs to be filled

This is the bike that got stolen: A Carrera SLX steel with chrome forks and internal brake lining. I customized it with high ss alu rims, a half link chain and a white san marco saddle with chrome rivits. I sawed the bottom off the old handlebar and flipped it around to make a bullhorn bar.

It can never be replaced.

I know it sounds pathetic, but I still mourn the singlespeed sometimes. "Hole in my life" really hits home. My girlfriend has offered to try and replace it, but I've declined. It's never going to be the same bike, so I'm not really interested. Maybe later.

What I did though was upgrade my 20 year old 26" Giant mtb to a very slick niner from Canyon. That was a good move. I enjoy the handling so much more on the new bike. That still makes me smile :)

CarreraStaal.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Guzzi said:

That's ok then.  It would have been a little creepy if you had child-like drawings of me on your fridge. :unsure: 

That's how romance novels start... 

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

3 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

This is a bike! To be able to do this would be a fucking dream come true!

Am I the only one that sees that and thinks about the physics behind it?

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

On 7/15/2016 at 9:00 PM, insanity said:

Am I the only one that sees that and thinks about the physics behind it?

Definitely not. The physics of cornering in a motorcycle race are fascinating. 

Today was actually a really hard day for me, but then I saw this forum and started forcing myself to think about the good things. I smiled when...

• I completed my morning workout and did better than expected
  • A coworker I don't often have a chance to talk to made an excuse to joke with me
  • I spent a ton of time looking at random Pokemon gifs today and realized how many moments I remember
  • My neighbor's dog was waiting for me when I got home
  • After I unloaded several of the stressful things that happened near me today on said neighbor and then apologized for dumping negativity on her, she rolled her eyes and said "Yeah, like I've never done it to you. What are friends for?" 
  • I read this forum and realized that even though today was not very fun, I usually smile a lot! I live a pretty nice life
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, tyrannosaurus rose said:

.......I read this forum and realized that even though today was not very fun, I usually smile a lot! I live a pretty nice life

Yaaaaaay!  I made a person happy with my thread! Woot woot!

carlton-dance-o.gif

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Evicious said:

This made me smile today. :)

Hide contents

unfriendable.com_111630_1393347602.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

enhanced-29487-1403889705-1.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

d5ihw.jpg

Hahaha...love the water steed one.

My first challenge

They are just sooo adorable!!!

What made me smile today was when Trixie, my rat, tried to pick up my fingers and take them back to her cage. We've been away for a day or so, maybe she was missing me. Or maybe she's in heat. 

Im going with missing me. Definitely. Totally the right answer. ;) 

• Like 2

My office provides a catered lunch on Wednesdays. They also regularly schedule a presentation during lunch, on all manner of topics from ergonomics to posture to "Meet Your CEO" and more. 

Today the talk was about healthy eating. The lunch was fried chicken and waffles. 

The irony made me smile. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

They are just sooo adorable!!!

What made me smile today was when Trixie, my rat, tried to pick up my fingers and take them back to her cage. We've been away for a day or so, maybe she was missing me. Or maybe she's in heat. 

Im going with missing me. Definitely. Totally the right answer. ;) 

Or hungry... 

• Like 1

My first challenge

3 hours ago, RandMart said:

Got a LinkedIn invite from a girl who is "Therapist at Sexual Addiction Treatment Services; Greater Philadelphia Area"

At first I thought 'Oh random spammer' then I noticed she is linked to a friend of mine and "is currently working towards her PhD in Human Sexuality at Widener University, Widener, PA. She received a Masters in Education at Widener University in 2016. She received her Masters of Art in Clinical Counseling at Eastern University in 2009, and holds an undergraduate degree in Sociology from Pennsylvania State College, State College, PA. She is certified as a National Certified Psychologist (2010) and with the North American Association of Masters of Psychology. Ms. K is a Pennsylvania Licensed Professional Counselor. In her private practice in Media and Drexel Hill, Ms. K provides individual therapy for adults and couples, with a specialty in sexuality. In addition, Ms. K leads classes in sexual health education at The Walden School, Media, PA. Ms. Kelly also is on the adjunct faculty at several universities "

Pretty legit

Kinda hot, too

An interesting person to meet, to say the least. I bet she has books and stuff too. Go for it :)