What made you smile today?

@Guzzi I love shinty! I played it as a child. Hurling too. Hockey was always a bit wimpy for me. 

Haha! Yeah, we always ridicule the hockey players up here. Wimps! :P

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

waiting in line for hours and hours and hours at a freebie health care event, I discovered they were giving away running shoes from my favorite brand (Brooks).

Let me go over that again: free running shoes.  Apparently my birthday came six weeks late this year, but whoopee, new shoes!  This made me strangely very happy, possibly because new running shoes are Very Expensive and I was expecting to have to shell out for a new pair some time soon, as my previous set had been through several years of use, probably a thousand miles or so.  They had long since been downgraded to walking shoes, and thence to crappy-bumming-around shoes.  I certainly couldn't run in them anymore.

At the behest of the volunteers I agreed to hand the old shooz over for refurbishing, and (so they assured me) an eventual new home on someone else's feet.  I said bye-bye to my shoes.  I will miss them, but I hope they will make somebody else happy.  In the meantime I gotta get working on breaking in this new pair, which is very much like the old pair (same brand and size, yesssss) but is chafing a little (noooo).

• Like 4

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Yeah except they can't give new shoes to everyone in the world, and I needed shoes too!

My guess is they're going to a population for whom it makes economic sense to wear used sneakers, such as a detention facility or a developing country.  In my area, the shoes I had would be considered garbage, but in an area where shoes are scarce and the weather is warmer, those shoes might have enough value to be worth keeping.  (My cousin once went to India and visited a temple, and her shoes were stolen.  In this country nobody would want em, but someone there sure did.)

• Like 1

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

4 hours ago, insanity said:

Why does Nerd Fitness hate me so much? I can never see links people put up. Grrrrr!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

1 hour ago, Raincloak said:

Possibly cuz that's a secured link?  I can't see it either.

Don't you go spoiling my conspiracy theories with your "rational explanations". Next you'll be trying to tell me that the vote hasn't been rigged!!! :P 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Why does Nerd Fitness hate me so much? I can never see links people put up. Grrrrr!

My bad...that was the CNF page picture. This on should work...it's the same picture on my page...

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211157175233402&id=1478048303&set=a.10208835380109975.1073741826.1478048303&source=48&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

22 minutes ago, insanity said:

My bad...that was the CNF page picture. This on should work...it's the same picture on my page...

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211157175233402&id=1478048303&set=a.10208835380109975.1073741826.1478048303&source=48&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like

Looking good! :love_heart:

... Does she always look like that? I think pupils are not supposed to do that,

(well, without a fuckton of adrenaline or some gleeful magical substances, anyway.)

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

I scooped a code for free subscription to Headspace!   Which is great because I need to be more on top of meditating and stuff.  and I like the app but it's not cheap.

also completed and turned in my ballot today.  Which means I now have a great excuse to tune out of the campaign blather until election night, since my role in this interminable business is over.  I can chuck all the ads in the trash and chirp: "Sorry, I ALREADY VOTED, haha gtfo." 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sjard said:

The gleeful magical substance is pork soup.

I have to admit, wouldn't have guessed that :D

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

My day put me through the wringer.  I crawled home after work, had yet more problems to deal with, and found myself contemplating ice cream sandwiches in the freezer.  Then I thought to myself, I had a huge roast beef sandwich a couple hours ago, more calories aren't gonna solve this burnout.  I need rest, not sugar.  Also I've got a fancy dinner tomorrow night and there'll probably be lots of treats there, so I might as well hold off for now.

Then I went and had a big glass of water and put on some chill music.  Feeling, well, not any less tired, but at least I didn't eat an ice cream sandwich I did not need and wasn't prepared to enjoy properly.

• Like 2

5783b1f2741969ec40e19279cb66780f.jpg

5fa08d69d43763e042f930bb3430de96.jpg

So much cute. Very smile.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Passed by an infant in a gift shop today.  Baby randomly started to cry.  I stopped, burbled my lips at the baby, made a couple funny faces, and just like that the baby forgot all about crying and gave me a toothless smile.  Its mom thanked me nicely.

• Like 5

I got a new (used) phone that holds a lot more music and podcasts, runs noticeably faster, and doesn't crash every few minutes like the old one did.  (Thanks Mom!)

• Like 2