What made you smile today?

Not intending to double-post, but...

Did Storm The Hill yesterday.  My son beat last year's time by over 13 minutes to take Silver overall for teenagers with a time of 39:47.  I took Gold for my age group with a time of 34:17.  We also stuck around for the barbecue and prize draws, so he got two super-fancy and expensive Zulu water bottles and I got a Bosu ball (the price tag on it still reads $130). It was a crazy good time. 

• Like 4

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

4 hours ago, Thrillho said:

Not intending to double-post, but...

Did Storm The Hill yesterday.  My son beat last year's time by over 13 minutes to take Silver overall for teenagers with a time of 39:47.  I took Gold for my age group with a time of 34:17.  We also stuck around for the barbecue and prize draws, so he got two super-fancy and expensive Zulu water bottles and I got a Bosu ball (the price tag on it still reads $130). It was a crazy good time. 

Well done!

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

7 hours ago, Sjard said:

The person who used the bar before me used Chalk, their were still chalk residuas on the bar and to make it short, Deadlifts were never this easy. I was literally rushing through all five sets!

Sounds l like you need some chalk of your own!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

tzsum  tzsum   tzsum   tzsum   tzsum...

Huh, where was I again..?

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

On 09/09/2016 at 9:23 AM, SevenofSeven said:

https://www.facebook.com/brenden.james.12/posts/1148998448494781

This from one of my team members, only 20 years old and in the Ambulance Service, but Fire and rescue as well! He's awesome. 

I cant see the link :( 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Oh you're in Seattle huh?  Welcome to the gerbil cage. I hope your new micro suits you, but if it doesn't, I know people who are offering rooms.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

This morning I hopped out of the shower, turned on the stove to make tea, and went to get dressed.

Then I came back to the stove still mostly undressed, noticed a burner where I'd left a glass dinner plate was smoking, and went "oops, wrong burner."  I picked up the plate ... and it exploded in my hand.  Broken glass went flying all over my kitchen.  I hastily turned off the stove, stepped over the glass shards, picked a few bits of glass out of my skin and resumed getting dressed.  Then I came back fully dressed with shoes and gloves on, and cleaned up the glass.

so why did this make me smile?  Because I moronically grabbed a plate that could have been really hot, and made a piece of glass explode, while half dressed and barefoot and not wearing glasses.  And I only got three or four little cuts.  No damage to hands, eyes, sensitive bits, or soles of feet.  I could have wound up getting stitches in the ER this morning, and that totally did not happen.  Whew!

• Like 6

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Baseball? Cricket? Nah, if you want a game where REAL mean hit leather balls with wooden sticks then you want to watch shinty!

And don't believe the lies, it's TOTALLY safe....

0e868af4f2358786dfecdc4645d5f879.jpg

d9ba3ad8569fa13cf93ea465cf104c99.jpg

1d258226a40b580ccb57832d325392fe.jpg

801d924e21b54aa5eb135b7b89cd920d.jpg

5cce6d4a5b3b9f814ac6f5b5eb6e83a7.jpg

5469460e5b09c98906f14faa38c35cde.jpg

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

rrrrr026_Stars_shop_preview.png

I bought this fabric for my business today. That made me smile. 

Plus being back here! I missed you guys :love_heart:

We missed you too Bekah!!! :love_heart:

• Like 2