What made you smile today?

I can't sleep, again, so I've taken the rats out to let them play for a while. I'm sitting here listening to them causing mischief and bruxing with enjoyment. The rats that is, not me. ;) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

4 hours ago, RandMart said:

At some point during last week, I remember that I was supposed to go up to CT for this ... oh well

I'll see your crazy cycle race, and raise you some utterly ridiculous jumps and "fucking hell look out for the trees!!!!" :D 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

My lunch! Aw man but did I have the mother of all sandwiches for lunch today. I had some leftover pesto chicken (made from this slow cooker recipe) from last nights dinner which went into a toasted, seeded panini on top of a layer of mixed leaves, a little mayo, some sliced tomato, and the whole lot was topped off with a layer of grilled halloumi cheese. 

Sweeeeeeeeet!

• Like 2

My son is 16 and works, goes to school , hangs with friends so we don't see him all that much 

We picked a date on the calendar (tonight) for a family dinner and game night. 

He has a snow day today and made plans with his friends and said " I'll be home by 6 to help with dinner and set up Marvel Munchkin". It made my morning to know he values the date and communicated it to me without being reminded :)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Butternut said:

My 12 year old son was singing this song after breakfast

I'm so glad he has my humor

Thank you for that. I just lost an hour of my life on you tube. :D 

• Like 1

I just picked up a shiny mallorn leaf pin (a la LotR) at a geekery shop.  It's now gracing my favorite fleece jacket as I do not own a cloak.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I'm not trying to be political here, but I've been watching some of the videos of Barack Obama from his time in office, and that man is just a wonderful human being. He has been an inspiration to so many people and has set the bar for how you should conduct yourself in office. 

His relationship with Michelle and his daughters is beautiful to see. He is the kind of man I would want *my* daughters (if I had any) to have in their life. It's been really lovely to see. 

"Obama out"  **drops mic** :D 

• Like 2

b8dfba0e30490986a24d619052d13712.jpg

These beasts make me smile

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Turns out DT really doesn't like gigantic protests (especially when they dwarf the audience at his party, by a long shot).  He also doesn't like it when people tell the truth about anything he says or does.  He throws hissy fits, which just get him laughed at.

This is worrying, but also strangely empowering.  Maybe there's hope for us yet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raincloak said:

Turns out DT really doesn't like gigantic protests (especially when they dwarf the audience at his party, by a long shot).  He also doesn't like it when people tell the truth about anything he says or does.  He throws hissy fits, which just get him laughed at.

This is worrying, but also strangely empowering.  Maybe there's hope for us yet.

You'll love this video! And the comments, there's a comment about DT answering the question "what is two plus two" that has almost 3,000 likes  it's hilarious :D 

• Like 1

I had a super inactive weekend, but arranged a drop in workout at a CrossFit gym in Columbus (where I was visiting friends). Despite the 2 days of minimal movement and not-great eating, I was welcomed into their space and had a great, bodyweight-heavy workout with excellent coaching and super mobility work. Usually, I'm stiffening up 3 days into a trip. Thanks to the crew at Grandview CrossFit, I am instead smiling about the soreness I'll be feeling tomorrow and the range of movement I have in my hips and shoulders!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I went out for a meal, in a real restaurant, like a grown up!  I even felt well enough to get dressed up and apply some make-up!  Woot woot! This must be the first time in over a year, possibly two. :o 

• Like 5

Thanks to our local attorney general bringing a lawsuit, a local federal judge has put brakes on the hairy cheeto who is pleased to style himself our "president."  I am gleefully awaiting the results of this confrontation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raincloak said:

Thanks to our local attorney general bringing a lawsuit, a local federal judge has put brakes on the hairy cheeto who is pleased to style himself our "president."  I am gleefully awaiting the results of this confrontation.

Let's keep politics out of this thread, no harm no foul, but a political discussion could quickly deteriorate things.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 hours ago, Dalish said:

After three months of bed rest, heavy duty pain meds and anti-inflammatories, I got to walk around the store today and buy a whole new batch of spices and seasonings so I can cook again this week.  Nothing's gonna top that one for a while :)

Oh no! You poor thing!  I've been through that and it's really not pleasant.  How far were you able to walk?

1 minute ago, Guzzi said:

Oh no! You poor thing!  I've been through that and it's really not pleasant.  How far were you able to walk?

I think all up for the day I made a little under 500m, which I'm definitely not shaking any sticks at!  Pushed a little too hard, definitely.  I'm feeling the aches now.  But nothing a dose of meds and some sleep won't soothe.  I've just hit the stage where I'm allowed to get up and maintain a slow paced day to day instead of 80-90% bedrest

Do the thing

2024 Intentions Roadmap

7 hours ago, Dalish said:

...I've just hit the stage where I'm allowed to get up and maintain a slow paced day to day instead of 80-90% bedrest

Well done on managing that much!  People seriously underestimate how much bed rest affects you. It's awful losing all your progress (and then some!) but it's amazing how quickly the strength returns. What did you do (this time :D)?

5 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Well done on managing that much!  People seriously underestimate how much bed rest affects you. It's awful losing all your progress (and then some!) but it's amazing how quickly the strength returns. What did you do (this time :D)?

This time, was probably the dumbest time of all.  Pushed myself too hard on a cardio day (Read:  I tried to do some interval jogging) and caused massive inflammation in my core and a possible tear, but they couldn't tell.

Do the thing

2024 Intentions Roadmap

3 hours ago, Dalish said:

This time, was probably the dumbest time of all.  Pushed myself too hard on a cardio day (Read:  I tried to do some interval jogging) and caused massive inflammation in my core and a possible tear, but they couldn't tell.

Ouch!  I didn't know that was even a thing. :o