What made you smile today?

10 minutes ago, Dalish said:

Me either!  I thought I was having a massive kidney infection at first!  Turns out my core really is just that awful.

**gulp**. This does not bode well for me. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I got a message from the illustrious Guzzi today (well, I checked it today, she sent it 10 days ago...).  That made me smile.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

The antics of our dogs; the red-tailed hawk perched on the garden post; the cool evening breeze; making a list of 27 ways to create enthusiasm; dishes are done; clean sheets on the bed; singing along with my Maverick CD; talking to the seed potatoes while planting them, telling them they will be very happy in their new home; laughing at the way the dogs nudge the frogs aside that live in the dog watering trough, so they can get a drink; and tomorrow I get my hair cut as a reward for reaching a weight goal. :) 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, White Cedar said:

The antics of our dogs; the red-tailed hawk perched on the garden post; the cool evening breeze; making a list of 27 ways to create enthusiasm; dishes are done; clean sheets on the bed; singing along with my Maverick CD; talking to the seed potatoes while planting them, telling them they will be very happy in their new home; laughing at the way the dogs nudge the frogs aside that live in the dog watering trough, so they can get a drink; and tomorrow I get my hair cut as a reward for reaching a weight goal. :) 

This sounds lovely! :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

The neural network has weird ideas about what humans like to eat

So I’ve been training this neural network to generate cookbook recipes by letting it look at tens of thousands of existing recipes.

The generated titles can get a bit odd.

There’s a creativity variable I can set when the network is generating new recipes, and when I set it low, it comes up with its best guess at the most quintessential recipe titles:

Cream Cheese Soup
Cream Of Sour Cream Cheese Soup
Chocolate Cake (Chocolate Cake)
Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Chicken Chicken Cake
Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Chips With Chocolate Chips

When I tell it to get creative, things get even weirder.

Beef Soup With Swamp Peef And Cheese
Chocolate Chops & Chocolate Chips
Crimm Grunk Garlic Cleas
Beasy Mist
Export Bean Spoons In Pie-Shell, Top If Spoon and Whip The Mustard
Chocolate Pickle Sauce
Whole Chicken Cookies
Salmon Beef Style Chicken Bottom
Star *
Cover Meats
Out Of Meat
Completely Meat Circle
Completely Meat Chocolate Pie
Cabbage Pot Cookies
Artichoke Gelatin Dogs
Crockpot Cold Water

• Like 5

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Umm what.  I think my favorite of those is "crockpot cold water," but "export beans in pie shell, top if spoon and whip the mustard" is a close second.  It's like the people who mistranslate those computer setup manuals wrote a cookbook

.ps I scrolled down to the "neural cookbook meets HP Lovecraft" entry.  Shit, this thing could write for "Welcome to Night Vale."

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Yes!!!!!  I did a push-up today!  

Ok, that's stretching the truth a little.  I did a push-up from my knees, but it was all the way down, with elbows tucked in at the sides, and a straight back - no coming up shoulders first.  I've been completely unable to do a single knee push-up to full depth so it was quite a surprise when I was able to know 3 of the feckers out today.  

I managed a fourth but it was too ropey to count, my shoulders definitely came up first.  All my others were done to half depth after that.  I've been trying to do 10 push-ups every day as part of my physio routine, it's great to see that it's paying off. :) 

• Like 5

Went to a Cirque du Soleil performance the other night.  So many beautiful, powerful bodies doing amazing things!  I found it inspiring.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I made friends with the doorman at my work and today he told me this awful joke:

"Why did the pirate go to the Caribbean?"

Spoiler

"To get some ARRRR & ARRRR." 

I went ahead and smiled for that, and he promised to bring me another tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I made friends with the doorman at my work and today he told me this awful joke:

"Why did the pirate go to the Caribbean?"

Hide contents

"To get some ARRRR & ARRRR." 

I went ahead and smiled for that, and he promised to bring me another tomorrow. 

That needs to go in the Bad Joke Thread ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guzzi said:

I could really do with a good laugh, I've been really sore again for a while which leaves me a bit flat and not finding much to smile about. :( 

I'm not sure if this is to your taste, and I know you're not in the US so it might not be quite as amusing, but did you see what KFC made for Mother's Day?

http://www.adweek.com/agencies/kfc-wrote-a-romance-novel-for-mothers-day-and-its-uncomfortably-good/

17 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I'm not sure if this is to your taste, and I know you're not in the US so it might not be quite as amusing, but did you see what KFC made for Mother's Day?

http://www.adweek.com/agencies/kfc-wrote-a-romance-novel-for-mothers-day-and-its-uncomfortably-good/

Oh my God!!!  That ad is hilarious!  I full on laughed out loud, thank you Tyranasour... @Wobbegong

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Oh my God!!!  That ad is hilarious!  I full on laughed out loud, thank you Tyranasour... @Wobbegong

Delighted to be of assistance :D You can get an e-copy of the book here if you want it

(Your response has left me grinning like an idiot so it is my submission for what made me smile today. Although theoretically there will be more things later, as it's only 10am here.) 

• Like 1

Double smile, work had a free picnic lunch (really happy because of the lack of food funds I have left and able to chat with a coworker.

While also running into an old high school classmate  and approached me for a chat. Wasn't feeling well at work all morning, that it's nice when I have face to face conversation with people that enjoy my company (especially when I know I wasn't always the nicest person to get along with).

• Like 2