What made you smile today?

I busted out the spices and fixed a cup of hot masala chai tea from scratch.  Black pepper, star anise, clove, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, turmeric, nutmeg, honey, fresh milk, the whole works.  (God, I'm so lucky to live in a world where this array of goodies is mine for a few dollars a jar.  Stuff I'm drinking for breakfast would be worth gold a couple hundred years ago.)

It really hit the spot on a day when I feel like comfort and nourishment are in order.

• Like 5

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I put together my daughters new bicycle that will be her birthday present tomorrow. Parent achievement, unlocked.

• Like 7

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

On 21/06/2017 at 1:35 PM, Jittersthe.Clown said:

I put together my daughters new bicycle that will be her birthday present tomorrow. Parent achievement, unlocked.

Rock on dude!

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Work...  yes... work.

Working on a diesel engine that stands as tall as I am, and my job is to get it running, design and build a wiring harness for it. Today.... it ran, not I just gotta get a controller to run it.

• Like 4

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

My husband texted me today while I was at work pulling a double and staying late to get orders in so I can be home tomorrow with the kids.

"Im really proud of how hard you work. "

It was the sweetest thing.

• Like 4

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

I'm watching the latest season of this anime I love, and there's an over-the-top character who in previous seasons had named his pecs (Andy and Frank). 

This time he's returned and he's named his back Fabian. I'm so pleased it's ridiculous. Ride on, Izumida. 

The rest of my family went camping yesterday for one night. My daughter left me a sweet note telling me not to miss them too much. She left it on the egg carton because she didn't want me to find it right away. 

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

On 23/06/2017 at 11:59 PM, insanity said:

Work...  yes... work.

Working on a diesel engine that stands as tall as I am, and my job is to get it running, design and build a wiring harness for it. Today.... it ran, not I just gotta get a controller to run it.

Dude!  Good to see you.  What job is this, I can't remember just now what you were doing before (apart from school and making pens) but this sounds like something different.  Sounds cool too!

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

18 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Dude!  Good to see you.  What job is this, I can't remember just now what you were doing before (apart from school and making pens) but this sounds like something different.  Sounds cool too!

I work in a diesel engine distribution warehouse. I'm the junior engineer there which means we get an engine, and the customer wants a certain setup, so I design the brackets, wiring harness, and pretty much anything else that gets bolted on, then I build it, test it, and certify it.

The picture is the current engine I'm working on, and 8.8 liter, 250kw generator. The radiator is taller than I am... I fuckin love it.

_20170523_113856.JPG

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I'm a bit late with this but I got to see some topside modules for the new drilling platform that is being constructed in the Mariner Oil Field. They are fecking massive!!!

128f1bbd411a6bcaabc1e84a0240add9.jpg

6cfc8f43530b944e1c730e03c0bc9247.jpg

f6ccbee2f2ef6713d460f0ab507ba072.jpg

Here's a video of them being installed

And a cool vid of them being loaded onto the ships in South Korea, where they were built, to be transported to Shetland.

• Like 3

When you start playing random untagged sound files looking for a song you want to hear, and you get it right on the second try (it was "Fireflies" by Owl City) :barbershop_quartet_

• Like 4

So yesterday I was sitting huddled and weeping because I just wanted a little attention on my birthday and wasn't getting any.  (I rarely do.  Being a twin, adulting in a busy world, and a lifetime of not being very popular adds up to minimal attention on my special day.  Though my grandparents always remember, bless them.)

This evening (after some fairly explicit hints) a few people came over and brought me a cake and sang "Happy Birthday." And my folks, who are out of town, texted a sound file of them singing to me and my brother.

I feel so much better now.

• Like 4

So, arrived at a drive-thru only to see a massive hairy spider crawling up my windshield with the pace of Usain Bolt. Had to yell my order through a closed window, only to get to the payment window, where I had to slide the card through.

Needless to say, car is now on sale. Current owner: spider. You may negotiate the price with the arachnid.

Multi-day smile from my daughter, so there is a new girl in her school that has cochlear implants so when I went to pick up my daughter from after school care I saw the girl, my daughter and her friends all playing together at the same table as we were leaving I saw my daughter sign "Bye, see you later" and the girl signed the same thing back. The next morning the girl came rushing up and gave my daughter a big hug and started talking/signing with my daughter and my daughter talking and signing the words she knows back. 

• Like 6

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

51 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Multi-day smile from my daughter, so there is a new girl in her school that has cochlear implants so when I went to pick up my daughter from after school care I saw the girl, my daughter and her friends all playing together at the same table as we were leaving I saw my daughter sign "Bye, see you later" and the girl signed the same thing back. The next morning the girl came rushing up and gave my daughter a big hug and started talking/signing with my daughter and my daughter talking and signing the words she knows back. 

This is beautiful.   I know you're proud to have such a caring daughter.  Kids have a wonderful capacity for love.   Thank you for sharing this.  It made me smile, with some tears.

• Like 1

Level: 2 Celt Adventurer

Str: 3 Dex: 2 Sta: 2 Con: 4.25 Wis: 4.75 Cha: 4

Challenges: 1 / 2