What made you smile today?

Much needed emotional support from a sweet, sweet friend, and eventually we ended talking about chili rather than my problems, which was really good. My three friends in general have brought many smiles and good feelings.

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Today as I was changing out of my running shoes a woman who lives right by my running trail came out of her house and told me I am an inspiration. She said since they live so near the open space, she and her family are familiar with all the people who use the trails regularly, and they've noticed how often I come out and are impressed with my dedication. 

I'm not really out there that much, but it was a very kind thing for her to say, and it made me feel pretty good about myself. :) 

• Like 7
15 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Today as I was changing out of my running shoes a woman who lives right by my running trail came out of her house and told me I am an inspiration. She said since they live so near the open space, she and her family are familiar with all the people who use the trails regularly, and they've noticed how often I come out and are impressed with my dedication. 

I'm not really out there that much, but it was a very kind thing for her to say, and it made me feel pretty good about myself. :) 

That's wonderful on multiple levels.... first its so sweet to know that there are people like that in the world, who notice the world around them and take the time to appreciate it.  and second, you should definitely feel pretty good about yourself if you're there often enough for them to notice... keep it up in this beautiful world.

• Like 3

Level: 2 Celt Adventurer

Str: 3 Dex: 2 Sta: 2 Con: 4.25 Wis: 4.75 Cha: 4

Challenges: 1 / 2

On 2/16/2018 at 10:02 AM, Harleytrypp said:

That's wonderful on multiple levels.... first its so sweet to know that there are people like that in the world, who notice the world around them and take the time to appreciate it.  and second, you should definitely feel pretty good about yourself if you're there often enough for them to notice... keep it up in this beautiful world.

Couldnt said it better myself 

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

Usually when I go out to the open space I'm the one begging all of the locals to let me play with their dogs. Today, for the first time in my life, someone I don't know called out to me and asked, "If you have a minute, would you mind petting my dog?" Would I mind??? 

Turned out the lady was working on socialization with her puppy and was trying to interact with as many people as possible. She had seen me greeting a couple of other dogs from a ways off and thought I was a likely candidate to help out. I am all big smiles after a lapful of excited puppy. 

• Like 8

This is going to sound so idiosyncratic, but on my drive to work I was listening to my new favourite song which is by a now disbanded Kpop girl group... I was smiling AND dancing.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

This is going to sound so idiosyncratic, but on my drive to work I was listening to my new favourite song which is by a now disbanded Kpop girl group... I was smiling AND dancing.

I think that's a great reason to smile! Much better than my Monday one, which was "I suddenly realized I hadn't smiled all day so I just did cause I heard it improves your mood and then suddenly I was just sitting there laughing at nothing and feeling really awkward and unable to stop." 

Plus your way you get to dance, which is wonderful. Get it, Plaz! 

• Like 1

Guess who's back, back again...

Hello again all, since last year? maybe longer...

Anyway,

What made me laugh today? This video from GaryVee. I tried to actively find good things around me and found them, even the faintest smile in a co-workers face made be shine!

Race: Half-Elf          Class: Warrior-Assassin

Level: 0                     Last Challenge:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
STR: x | CON: x | DEX: x | INT: x | WIS: x | CHA: x |

"[I am] the spark that will light the flame of the Rebellion"

I work a part-time job with a gentleman who has developmental disabilities. Today I was really dragging while working my day job, but then at 2PM the guy called me to say he was going to stay home because he wasn't feeling well. Although I hate not being able to take him out and help him learn social skills, I was so relieved to be going home straight from the day job.

• Like 1

Steve G.

7 minutes ago, GeekWingChun said:

Although I hate not being able to take him out and help him learn social skills, I was so relieved to be going home straight from the day job.

Get some rest, Geek! It's nice when you get handed a little reprieve like that, so take advantage for sure. 

Ran across "The Neverending Story" on, of all the damned things, an inflight movie app.  Amid all the Marvel flicks and 21st century TV shows.  Hadn't watched it since I was like 7.  It was exactly as dazzling, scary, and weird as I remember.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

One of the elementary schools I work with has a new student from the Philippines. He speaks English and Tagalog, but not Japanese. He’s super shy and has been adjusting to his new school very slowly, so the teachers who work with him always ask me how to say certain phrases to him in English, to make communication easier. 

Last week I was asked how to say ganbatta. I suggested “good job today” for the end of class. Today, the teacher came to me and said “I tried ‘good job today’ last week and Kento gave me a huge smile!” He doesn’t talk much, but a smile is big progress. Hearing that I was able to help made me feel really happy! 

• Like 4

I saw a bunch of teenagers out taking a walk instead of sitting around their houses. Yes, I'm a curmudgeon.

• Haha 2

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Technically from yesterday, but my dojo did a stick-and-knife fighting demonstration in front of our Friendly Local Gaming store in honor of Walking Dead Day.

• Like 2

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

What a great day!!!  Spring has finally sprung, the daffodils are out and in Shetland that means it’s motorbike weather!  My bf and I met up with a friend and went for a run, stopping at a local art gallery for tea (and cake!) before turning for home.  It was pretty windy today (force 8-9) and you had to lean into the wind constantly.  Rudy reckoned my bike was leaning over by 10-15° whilst travelling in a straight line. :D 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

So, this happened today....

A few months back we had some trees cut down and we had arranged to give the wood to a friend as firewood.  Today, two guys turned up to take the logs away.  Now, I had put all the wood into a pile on the path outside the house so that it was easy for them to carry through the garage and out onto the street.  

They took all the small stuff, the medium stuff, and a couple of larger logs, but decided between them that the last four logs were too heavy and need splitting with an axe before they could be moved.  This whole conversation was caught on camera because the house is vacant and we had an attempted break in so we have security cameras up.   Considering I was the one who piled the wood up after the tree was cut down (and up!) I thought it was pretty funny that these two couldn’t manage to carry these logs between them.  

So so I went to the house and moved them by myself!  Then sent a text to the dude telling him that I’d moved them onto the sidewalk for him.  Girl power, for the win! :D:D:D 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I cut my own hair today because I've had it up to here with stylists charging me a bunch of money and STILL NOT CUTTING IT LIKE I ASKED.  (grrr)  I just want it short and layered in back, angled to long in front, with bangs.  Not.  That.  Hard.

Turned out pretty well, considering I have no training and it's hard to get a decent angle on the sides of my own head.  I have experimented with trimming my hair before and I'm definitely getting better with practice.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I just had the realization that I'm leaving for the first let of my trip to Scotland in 30 days, and now I have a stupid-happy grin on my face :D 

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs