• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LittleTurtle

LittleTurtle's Lucky #7

It took a while and is still something I have to stay on top of. But it helps with all the other goals in my life.

I use sleep ass Android app to track it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh...it gives me some trouble every now and again. It actually doesn't hurt today...I foam rolled it into an oblivion last night. :D

How did your sleeping goal go during your first challenge? I always feel like I might miss out on something amazing if I'm in bed...lol!

I had/have that feeling as well, BUT it increases the quality and fun of the things that I actually take part of so much that it is really worth it.

• Like 2

Yay for foam rollers! I use one for my hip, too. Actually, I sit on a kettle ball to force the glutes/TFL to ease up. Glad you're back up and running!

Run stats for 4/21/14:

1 mile - 11'49"

5k - 36'32"

Total Time - 43'07"

Total Distance - 3.50 miles

I'm noticing a little tightness and slight cramping in my left calf... I'm hoping it doesn't give me too much trouble tomorrow. :)

I'm very pleased with how often I went to bed last week. Could I have done better? Absolutely. Will I do better this week? Absolutely. I plan on going to bed between 10:30 pm and 11:00 pm tonight. One thing that has been a bit frustrating is how often I wake up during the night. I think a lot of it has something to do with how accustomed I've become with waking up from the couch in the middle of the night to go back to bed.

I think you're right (R/T being used to going from the couch). We all know it takes time to form a new habit! Great job!

Thank you!  It's hard stuff, but that's why we're all here, right?  :frog:

Run stats for 4/23/14:
1 mile - 11'14"
5k - 35'42"
Total Time - 42'24"

Yoga tonight.  Work is starting to drain the bajeezus out of me.  I want to run away.  Maybe hide in the Druid Beach Lodge until the teachers and students are out of the building.

Melatonin helps me stay asleep

I don't mind melatonin, except it gives me weird nightmares!  :o  Unisom helps sometimes.

Run stats for 4/28/14:
1 mile - 10'44"
5k - 35'06"
Total Time - 41'05"

I don't know what happened last night, but I hated every minute of my run.  I think I'm trying to add too much speed too soon.

Afterwards, I could not get warm for anything.  I ended up taking a steamy, hot shower and covering up with blankets...eventually, I felt like a human being again...

One thing that I'd like to note is that I think I'm doing exceptionally well with going to bed.  I counted - and I've only fallen asleep on the couch 5 times since the challenge started.  And last night, I think I only woke up once or twice in the middle of the night. 

Work has me stressed to the max.  I really don't care much for this end of school year business.  It's making me irritable, short-tempered, impatient, etc.  Only 26 more school days left and then I can work without teachers, parents, and students (for the most part).  I can actually do MY work instead of everyone elses.  :)  I find it amusing when people go, "You have to work ALL summer long?!  What exactly do you do?!"  I just smile and silently curse them in my mind.

Sorry for the rants.  Just needed to get that off my chest!

Don't push the run too hard; listen to your body.

Glad that the end of the year is in sight for you. Maybe yoga for stress reduction after work?

Great job on the sleep.

I had a similar experience with the jogging. I had just barely gotten out of bed, went straight to the gym late, was super stressed about work.

Tried again yesterday after a nice morning with my lady, had breakfast, had a lot lot lot of time to kill. Freaking nailed yesterday's run.

• Like 1

Don't push the run too hard; listen to your body. Glad that the end of the year is in sight for you. Maybe yoga for stress reduction after work? Great job on the sleep.

Yoga for the win! :D

I had a similar experience with the jogging. I had just barely gotten out of bed, went straight to the gym late, was super stressed about work. Tried again yesterday after a nice morning with my lady, had breakfast, had a lot lot lot of time to kill. Freaking nailed yesterday's run. Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Nice! And isn't it one of the best feelings? :)

Hi LittleTurtle, is the sun shining on you today? Sometimes I need to remind myself that the workout does good even if it doesn't feel that way during.....

I am having a really hard time with my running and I am about to leave NOW, or soon, as soon as I finish writing but I might need a sandwich first and.......

YES yes I'm going!

Run stats for 5/02/14:
1 mile - 10'55"
5k - 33'50"
Total Time - 45'23"
Total Distance - 3.80 miles

So I actually added 11 seconds onto my mile time, however - I shaved off about a minute and a half off my 5k time.  I found my run on Friday MUCH more enjoyable than Monday.  I think I've discovered that if I'm going to do interval workouts, I NEED to keep it to a shorter run.  If I just set the pace and stick with it - I can run for much longer without feeling like I want to die.  So maybe I'll only do 1 5k a week, but do about 2 or 2.5 miles more often.  I'm not quite sure yet...just playing around with stuff until I can find my happy medium. 

Life in general?  I feel like I'm treading water to keep from drowning.  I feel like I'm in turbo mode and am having a hard time s-l-o-w-i-n-g down.  I haven't been as active on the challenge threads this go around, and that has me feeling guilty.  Work has just got me in such a frenzy.  That is why I'm kinda loving the mini challenges (if I do say so myself :D)  because they remind me to BREATH and relax.  I'll get through this in no time! 

Hi LittleTurtle, is the sun shining on you today? Sometimes I need to remind myself that the workout does good even if it doesn't feel that way during.....

I am having a really hard time with my running and I am about to leave NOW, or soon, as soon as I finish writing but I might need a sandwich first and.......

YES yes I'm going!

The sun shone for me a bit this weekend, yes.  Thanks!  And how did that run go?

Soooo...I have a funny (albeit mildly embarrassing story). 

Yesterday, my Tri-Blend Envy Green Nerd Fitness tee shirt arrived in the mail, and I was SUPER stoked about it.  So I tried it on right away to see if it fit, (It did, and it is VERY comfy!)  So, I thought, "Well, heck!  I'm halfway dressed for a run.  Let's do this!"  So I get my running pants and shoes on and I head downstairs to the treadmill.  A few minutes in, and I am struggling really bad!  I can't figure it out?!   I start to wonder if the incline has been accidentally bumped up?  ...No.  I wonder if I set the pace too high to start?  No.  I start to think my new super power tee shirt is working against me (Because really?!  What else could it be? ;))  It hits me at about 8 1/2 minutes that I never changed into my sports bra and there is a lot of extra "bouncing" going on.  Good Lord!  I only made it 15 minutes before I thought I might die, so I slow down, finish my jog, CHANGE INTO APPROPRIATE WORKOUT ATTIRE, and proceed to do a few squats, lunges, etc., and finish with some deep yoga stretches. 

I felt so defeated and unsatified because I didn't feel like my run was worth the time it took to start the treadmill, but then I just kept telling myself that it was better than parking it on the couch and veggin' all night.  But still!  :fatigue:

Anyways...I just thought it was kinda funny how dang excited I was to run in my official NF gear...

In other news...I totally fell asleep on the couch last night.  Damn it!  It left me feeling very disheveled this morning.  But all is well.  I feel pretty good today despite everything seeming to go wrong yesterday.  :D

I just had a relapse with jogging myself, in the sense that I hated it again last jog lol.

I'm sorry to hear that!  It's weird how some days we love it and other days...not so much!  What happened with your run that made you hate it? 

Today, we had our Faculty Appreciation Luncheon.  Of course, there was nothing really appropriate for me to eat, and luckily I had brought my own lunch (3 oz cauliflower, 2 oz broccoli, 3 oz Albacore tuna, 2 oz pistachios, 1 med banana).  Jeez.  You would have thought I had three heads or something.  I am perfectly satiated with my modest lunch.  It helps me power through the afternoon without feeling sluggish and bloated.  I just truly do not care for the attention it calls to me.  It makes me want to hide in my shell...

I feel like that would be similar to me making comments about the people who had 3 or 4 different desserts on their plates.  I think it's just rude.  :(

Run stats for 5/06/14:
1 mile - 10'43"
5k - 33'10"
Total Time - 45'00"
Total Distance - 3.867 miles

• Like 2

It is rude of them and you're a cooler person for just grinning through it. They're comments come from feeling guilty about what they're eating, and a jealousy over your degree of self control. Just follow through and keep your head up, you're meal sounds tasty and nutrient dense.

• Like 1

Well, darn, Turtle, it *is* rude!!

I packed my lunch from 1990-2009, and every time someone made an unsolicited comment, I pointed out that Bill Gates packed his lunch (in a brown bag, no less) every day. Even when he was a CEO with more money than most small countries. So there. Smart people control their food.

• Like 1

It is rude of them and you're a cooler person for just grinning through it. They're comments come from feeling guilty about what they're eating, and a jealousy over your degree of self control. Just follow through and keep your head up, you're meal sounds tasty and nutrient dense.

Well, darn, Turtle, it *is* rude!!

I packed my lunch from 1990-2009, and every time someone made an unsolicited comment, I pointed out that Bill Gates packed his lunch (in a brown bag, no less) every day. Even when he was a CEO with more money than most small countries. So there. Smart people control their food.

I love you guys!  :wub:

Also!  I totally...just now (this very second) realized that I beat my fastest ever 5k time on Tuesday by 15 seconds!!  Holy crap!  I'm on such a high right now!!

• Like 1

Run stats for 5/02/14:

1 mile - 10'55"

5k - 33'50"

Total Time - 45'23"

Total Distance - 3.80 miles

So I actually added 11 seconds onto my mile time, however - I shaved off about a minute and a half off my 5k time.  I found my run on Friday MUCH more enjoyable than Monday.  I think I've discovered that if I'm going to do interval workouts, I NEED to keep it to a shorter run.  If I just set the pace and stick with it - I can run for much longer without feeling like I want to die.  So maybe I'll only do 1 5k a week, but do about 2 or 2.5 miles more often.  I'm not quite sure yet...just playing around with stuff until I can find my happy medium. 

Life in general?  I feel like I'm treading water to keep from drowning.  I feel like I'm in turbo mode and am having a hard time s-l-o-w-i-n-g down.  I haven't been as active on the challenge threads this go around, and that has me feeling guilty.  Work has just got me in such a frenzy.  That is why I'm kinda loving the mini challenges (if I do say so myself :D)  because they remind me to BREATH and relax.  I'll get through this in no time! 

The sun shone for me a bit this weekend, yes.  Thanks!  And how did that run go?

Ah yes - work. Keeps us from doing other things......

Hope it has eased up a bit!

That particular run was not too bad, I am very slowly getting faster.