• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LittleTurtle

LittleTurtle's Lucky #7

I love you guys!  :wub:

Also!  I totally...just now (this very second) realized that I beat my fastest ever 5k time on Tuesday by 15 seconds!!  Holy crap!  I'm on such a high right now!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Congrats! I'm still working on the 5k, I think that running a whole one will take until next challenge.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks!  And you'll get there sooner than you know it!  And I want to be the first to know!  :D

Ah yes - work. Keeps us from doing other things......

Hope it has eased up a bit!

That particular run was not too bad, I am very slowly getting faster.

I think it will start to feel calm around the middle of June.  The end of the school year is nuts.  I just go with the flow. 

I'm slowly getting faster too!  It's fun, yeah?!

Run stats for 5/12/14:
1 mile - 10'32"
(2 miles at a continuous 5.7 pace)

Total Time = 30'00"

Total Distance = 2.604 miles

Run stats for 5/14/14:

1 mile - 10'30"
5k - 32'32"  (Beat another PR by 38 seconds!!!!)
Total Time - 45'00"
Total Distance - 3.851 miles

I've gone to bed every single night this week so far and I'm starting to actually sleep THROUGH the night!  It's nice.  For fact, I had slept so soundly one night that when I woke up, I didn't even know what day it was!

Anyways...back to work.  Back the the insanity!!!

I've been feeling slightly under the weather the last few days.  I can't tell if I have a minor cold or some major allergies.  My throat has felt very irritated and swollen.  Today, I've been losing my voice.  I feel fine otherwise, but my boyfriend told me that I'm banned from the treadmill until my voice comes back just in case I have the start of a chest cold.  So I will be doing major yoga this week, but I'm going to try to sneak in one last 5k before the challenge ends!  :devilish:

I rested a lot this weekend, but I'm just so antsy to get back on the treadmill!!!

I'll update a bit later in the week.  :)

Hugs!!! Feel better soon :love_heart: 

Great job on the 5K time and I think the NF shirt superpower is that it makes you want to work out when you wear it, not that it increases your workout in itself :D (but that's just a theory ;)

I'm not gonna lie.  This will not be my best finish to a 6 week challenge.  I'm still plugging along, but have decided not to push myself too hard this last week.  I need to focus on my mental health and sanity until school lets out, but that's not stopping me from thinking about how much I'm gonna rock the next challenge!!

Hugs!!! Feel better soon :love_heart: 

Great job on the 5K time and I think the NF shirt superpower is that it makes you want to work out when you wear it, not that it increases your workout in itself :D (but that's just a theory ;)

Thank you very much!  And I totally agree with your theory.  It's sounds very legit.  :)

I'm just getting over being sick too, I had to keep off the treadmill all last week

Dang spring colds!  Feel better soon!

It seems this last week has been rough in general, but you're still here!!

For me, it counts more if you get through the tough parts, than when everything is just fine and dandy  :playful:

• Like 1

FINAL REPORT!

Starting Stats:

Comfort Pace = 12 min/mile

Fastest Mile = 9'56"

Fastest 5k = 33'25"

Ending Stats:

Comfort Pace = ~11 min/mile

Fastest Mile = 10'30" (for this challenge, but have yet to beat 9'56")

Fastest 5k = 32'32" (improved time by 53 seconds total)

In addition to the running and yoga, my boyfriend has been showing me some strength training exercises and watching to make sure that I have proper form.  Lemme tell ya - the lower half of my body hates my guts today, but on a positive note - it sorta feels awesome too!  Especially because I have someone there to help make sure I'm doing things correctly.

I fell asleep in my bed a total of 23 times over the last challenge.  I fell asleep on the couch 19 times.  It almost averages out to 4 times per week which was my goal.  I have noticed that when I'm feeling a bit under the weather, I like to fall asleep on the couch as a comfort thing, and the only reason that I can think of is that I lay my head in my boyfriend's lap and he will run his fingers through my hair when I'm feeling not so well and it soothes me right to sleep.

All in all, I'm pleased with my progress...I need to get my eating under control a bit, but after today - we only have 8 more days of school!  Once school let's out, it is so much easier for me to stay focused.  I'm going to dominate this summer!  :D

Congrats to everyone who finished!  You are all rock stars! 

• Like 1