Today, is a day of Choosing.

Well, all days allow for choices. You could chose to eat candy. You could chose to eat salad. You could chose to watch TV. You could chose to read. You could even chose to sleep away your days, to waste your life, if that’s what you’d like.

For a long time, my choice was to serve others. I chose to spend all my time helping friends. Family. Complete strangers.

Myself? I didn’t care much about myself. Everything I did, was for others. As a teenager, you could describe me in one word - volunteer. I helped everyone. All the time. I spent many late nights at the hospital. I had many early mornings searching for lost hikers.

Once I had kids, my life revolved around them - I existed for them. I spent all day in service - to my family. When friends asked me for help, I’d drop everything else. My own interests, my own body, my own mind - they were not a priority.

Today, though, is a very important day for me, because I’m making a choice that will change my life, forever.

I am choosing to become Dauntless.

To be brave.

To be tough.

To be free.

rs_1024x759-130719130320-1024.divergent2

Sub-Quest 1:

Workout 5 days a week, alternating between HIIT/Stroller Strides and body weight exercises.

+2 STR +1 DEX +2 STA

divergent-tris-w724.jpg

I want to have a good, comprehensive workout routine for this challenge. The three body weight workouts will be lower body, upper body, and total body. HIIT will be on off days. Once I get a jogging stroller (shopping now), HIIT will be replaced with Stroller Strides. These workouts will be in the afternoon or evening, before dinner.

Sub-Quest 2:

Do a stretching, flexibility, or yoga session daily.

+2 CON +1 DEX

_1377205225.gif

I am inflexible and stiff all the time. I will change this. I want to be able to move, and move quickly, without having to worry about my knees or back. This is my focus this challenge - to be fighting fit, I must be flexible.

Sub-Quest 3:

Eat Paleo 6 days a week.

+2 CON +1 CHA

grubbin.jpg

Once again, I have a Paleo goal for this challenge. After taking the last challenge off, I’ve let my diet become worse and worse, to the point of being absolutely terrible for both my physical and mental state. So, for this challenge, I will eat strict Paleo on average 6 days a week. The remaining day, I will allow myself anything I would like - however, I’m saving these days for special occasions - during this challenge, there is Easter, Father’s Day, my anniversary, and my daughter’s birthday, so that’ll take up most of them, with a few ‘oops’ days thrown in for good measure.

Life Quest:

Captivate others and get them to buy anything by studying COPYWRITING.

+2 WIS +1 CHA

times24April1919.jpg

I have been studying copywriting for a while, but it’s time to focus on this some more. I am doing the Gary Halbert Challenge, which is supposed to be a 30 day challenge. It has taking me 30 days just to read the first two books. I would like to finish the challenge during this challenge, but if that doesn’t happen, I’m okay with that. I just have to keep trucking along and do a little more every day.

Fitness/Diet Side Quest:

Practice escaping by practicing Parkour for at least 5 minutes a day.

+1 DEX

Parkour-David-Belle.jpg

I used to do Parkour, and I used to be good at it. So, I’m going to be working at getting my skills back. I will begin with the basics - rolls, precision jumps, and vaults. I will move to more advanced techniques as I progress.

Schedule:

MONDAY:

Stroller Strides/HIIT AM

Flexibility/Stretching/Yoga PM

TUESDAY:

Flexibility/Stretching/Yoga AM

Convict Conditioning PM

WEDNESDAY:

Stroller Strides/HIIT AM

THURSDAY:

Convict Conditioning PM

FRIDAY:

Stroller Strides/HIIT AM

SATURDAY:

Convict Conditioning PM

SUNDAY:

Tumblr_lyjqi49VDD1rorhaao1_500.jpg

• Like 8

And you even have your own dauntless badge. Awesome challenge

YEEESSSSSS.

A Dauntless theme.

You are my new best friend.

Your goals are awesome.

*stalks you in a not creepy way*

WOW!!! Good Luck!

Thank you all! I really need to watch the movie, maybe that shall be my reward at the end of the challenge. ;)

I just got the books for my birthday, read all 3 in 2 days, and now consider myself OBSESSED. Really enjoyed them. So, I figured it'd be an interesting theme... surprised I haven't seen anyone else do it.

• Like 1

Awesome!!  I read the first book and have been saving the rest of the series for a treat too.  The movie was surprisingly good.  I say that because I'm pretty critical of movies that deviate too much from their inspiration (like LoTR and the Hobbit). 

Actually, watching the movie helped put me in touch with old goals and activities and was part of the reason I switched guilds. But  I like the year long plan I'd mapped out over Christmas break .... "Plan the work and work the plan". 

So I'm looking forward to seeing you do this challenge with a great theme!!

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

Thank you all! I really need to watch the movie, maybe that shall be my reward at the end of the challenge. ;)I just got the books for my birthday, read all 3 in 2 days, and now consider myself OBSESSED. Really enjoyed them. So, I figured it'd be an interesting theme... surprised I haven't seen anyone else do it.

I read the first two then had to wait like a year till the third came out. I have not seen the movie yet.

Did you throw the third book against the wall?

Look forward to following your progress.

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

I read the first two then had to wait like a year till the third came out. I have not seen the movie yet.

Did you throw the third book against the wall?

Look forward to following your progress.

I can't remember if I read all three....

I was either super ticked off after the second or super ticked off after the third.... does the second end awefully as well?

Your dauntless badge is pretty legit.

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I've never read the book but I've been told I should xD

Good luck! I had a go at parlour once I'm not very good, I'm therefore fascinated by anyone who is lol

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Thank you for the encouragement everyone.

missrebecca, if I keep with the Parkour and get my skills back, I'll post a video at the end of the challenge. I'll go do a run in Seattle or something. It's been years and I've had 2 kids since I did it regularly, though, so it may be slow going. ;)

• Like 1

Thank you for the encouragement everyone.

missrebecca, if I keep with the Parkour and get my skills back, I'll post a video at the end of the challenge. I'll go do a run in Seattle or something. It's been years and I've had 2 kids since I did it regularly, though, so it may be slow going. ;)

All the video!!

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

there's no such thing! We're all in various states of learning.

But I want to give off the illusion that I am perfect and infallible. ;)

Haha, just kidding. I am pretty self-conscious about my current Parkour skills, though.

But, Parkour isn't what I should be worrying about right now.

I'm still working on putting together my routine for my workouts - the flexibility one is especially giving me trouble, I want to make sure I get everything, but I know jack squat about flexibility. Back to the books, I guess.

So, I have Convict Conditioning on its way in the mail. Should get here tomorrow. I will probably base my body-weight program off of that. If not, I have a good start point to go off of. I will definitely post my basic routines here before the challenge starts.

I may put all my flexibility/stretching routines together, though. They are very similar, after all. Suggestions?

But I want to give off the illusion that I am perfect and infallible. ;)

Haha, just kidding. I am pretty self-conscious about my current Parkour skills, though.

I like to think of it as the first few frames in the video montage of you becoming Epic. 

So, I have Convict Conditioning on its way in the mail. Should get here tomorrow. I will probably base my body-weight program off of that. If not, I have a good start point to go off of. I will definitely post my basic routines here before the challenge starts.

I may put all my flexibility/stretching routines together, though. They are very similar, after all. Suggestions?

What books/routines are you looking at right now for stretching?

(yay CC! I love that book.)

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

I'll consider it. :tongue:

At this point I just want to get my roll down again so that it doesn't hurt. And find a playground that has both things I can practice on and a place for the kids to play.

--

I wish life was as easy as a video game. It's so much easier being motivated to get things done on those.

What I would really like is a car and a personal trainer to keep me motivated and decide what workouts I'm going to do. For free. Wouldn't that be cool? I'm one of those people that really benefits of working out with others... but I'm at home with the kids all day. I'm still in decent shape, but nothing like I was when I was able to go to the gym with my friends or did karate or weekly Parkour sessions. When it's just me... things tend to not happen.

• Like 1

I LOVE your theme! I've seen the movie twice already but haven't read the third book yet. I used a little bit of a dauntless theme in my last challenge too.

Your challenge looks pretty tough! I would think you could combine the flexibility and yoga stuff. I'm very jealous of CC, I've been wanting to buy that myself for a while now.

Sweet Pea

Level 4 Divergent

"ONE CHOICE CAN TRANSFORM YOU"

My Epic Quest: http://www.nerdfitness.com/character/25378

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines