Shukar and the Quest for Better Booty

Shukar

Day 3, Wednesday.

Lunch was a rueben, some chicken, some cheese curds, and some soft serve. Dinner was leftover pad thai, but with more pork! Tomorrow nights plan is the Perfect Steak from Well Fed 2, and some collard greens, trying to introduce the wife to them.

Listening today was Security Now, and then I started in on Cryptonomicon, very enjoyable so far. Todays lesson was that one people just have no class, and there's no helping it.

Activity today included 4.6 miles of walking, and the Streak, the pistol rollups felt better today and the handstand practice felt smoother; I also dedicated a little time to trying to massage out some shoulder tension I noticed yesterday. Got 7h sleep last night. Did some slight cleanup around the house and made a couple phone calls related to some errands today, and had lunch with my mother which was nice. Also helped a friend with some plotting. Good day.

Bis Morgen!

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Blaidd, neither can I! I'm working with the Assassins on fixing that. 

Shorty, as the name might suggest it's a Thai dish, usually made with noodles though in this case Spaghetti Squash, a protein (in this case leftover pork roast), and vegetables (in this case snap peas, broccoli, and some peppers) with some Sunshine Sauce from Well Fed (an asian style sauce with nut butter, coconut milk, and some spices and oil.  It's pretty good.

Day 4, Thursday.

Lunch was some chicken wings and fries. Dinner was the Well Fed 2 Perfect Steak (it was pretty awesome I must say, despite the smoke it made), some collard greens with lemon and red pepper, and some roast potatoes. Tomorrow I'm working on plantain nachos.

Listening today was more Cryptonomicon, because I'm not gonna listen to the next Cordkillers until I'm caught up on Game of Thrones because it's their SpoilerZone and I'm pretty close to caught up. Todays lesson was that just because you're out of things to do doesn't mean you can't find a few to pass the time in a mostly productive fashion.

Activity today included: 4.6 miles of walking, and the Streak, plus some dedicated pistol prep with the Assassins, and some mobility work on my calves which seem to be limiting the aforementioned pistol prep. Got 7h sleep last night. Got some cleanup done around the apartment and made a nice dinner. Got some plotting worked on for the weekend as well, and some rough outline of some plans for sprucing up the place a little.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

18ck and I are wondering what your avatar is Shukar. Can you tell me here or on my challenge please!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Flyer19, Level 7  Rebel Assassin Mastermind, Headmistress of Gloom-Doom School for Fighters!
STR 12 | DEX 18 | STA 13 | CON 4 | WIS 15 | CHA 15

Kailer, I'll let you know how it goes!

Flyer, the story of my avatar is also conveniently enough the story of my name. A tale of friends and fun and being a nerd. It all started in college when some friends and I, who were always playing some role playing game or other, decided to try a game called Eaxalted. In Exalted you play powerful heroes of mythic proportions who can save or destroy the world mine was named Shukar he was a Solar, chosen of the Unconquered Sun, and his caste was Eclipse (caste is the games word for class). The avatar I use is a stylized version of the eclipse logo. So there ya go, the story of the avatar.

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Ah, I always thought it was your rap name - Tapuc Shukar. *Sorry - obvious and rubbish joke*

• Like 3

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Tin, embarassingly slow right now, I'm going for a run in the morning though to correct that.

18ck, They see me rollin' they hatin' cause I'm so white and nerdy.

Day 5, Friday.

Lunch today was a salad, chicken, some fries with cheese and bacon, and some chips and salsa. Dinner, sorry Kailer gonna have to wait on that review, was nachos from leftover pork roast with some hot sauce and sriracha (rooster sauce is really good on nachos you guys). Since circumstances dictated I'd be the only one eating dinner I figured I should wait on the plantain nachos.

Listening today was more Cryptonomicon. Todays lesson was that my choices of clothing don't count as fashionable, and that's perfectly fine by me as long as they stay comfortable.

Activity today included, 2.5 miles of walking (there was more but I forgot the fitbit when we went out to run errands in the afternoon), and the Streak (plus added Assassin mini-challenge). Got 7h sleep last night, angling for a bit more tonight. Got some errands done, spent some surplus cash on things that have been on the wish list a while, watched some shows with the wife. Good day.

Bis Morgen!

• Like 1

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

18ck, They see me rollin' they hatin' cause I'm so white and nerdy.

This made me laugh!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Red, then my work here is done. :)

Day 6, Saturday.

Lunch, the only meal really, was a shredded beef chimichanga, and some chips with salsa and guacamole (it was basically just a big bowl of avocado with a little bit of pico de gallo mixed in, awesome stuff). In leu of dinner, really late lunch, I finished the raspberry ice cream in the freezer. I think tomorrow we are going for Easter dinner with the in-laws so not sure what we'll be having but if history bears out it'll be tasty at least.

LIstening today was the delayed episode of Cordkillers, because I'm caught up on all the shows they spoiled this week. Todays lesson was that sometimes all you have to do is keep trying the same steps with minor differences long enough and something may work out for you.

Activity today included 1.8 miles of running, and .5 miles of walking, plus the Streak. The Assassin exercises have been paying dividends it seems as I can both get closed to the floor on my bend, closer to my toes on others, squat lower on one leg, and am getting closer to being able to at least hold balance in the bottom position if not come up out of it; also in the realm of progress I managed to kick up and barely touch the wall and then hold myself upright for almost 10 seconds, that's a handstand record for me and a good sign I'm finally making good on my daily work again. Got 7h15 of sleep last night, just couldn't manage to sleep much later than that sadly. Got some work taken care of around the apartment today, though sadly groceries got delayed until tomorrow which may make them a bit tricky.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

I've been doing that pistol squat thing on the assassin guild conf too. Don't tell anyone though.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

hahahaha! Looks like we're gonna have a few scouts doing the Assassin Pistol Squat thing.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

hahahaha! Looks like we're gonna have a few scouts doing the Assassin Pistol Squat thing.

Shhh! Keep your voice down!

...LIstening today was the delayed episode of Cordkillers, because I'm caught up on all the shows they spoiled this week. Todays lesson was that sometimes all you have to do is keep trying the same steps with minor differences long enough and something may work out for you.

Well-said :)

How is the "Mobilize!" part of your challenge going? My last challenge involved committing to a lot of stretching, and since it was -- not surprisingly -- super-helpful, I'm looking to "extend" my stretching regiment with some new stuff :)

(Great work in general!)

Merganser: Level 4 Anatidae Scout

STR 4 | DEX 5 | STA 5 | CON 7 | WIS 6 | CHA 2

Intro | Current Challenge: Train for Spain!

Challenge 6: Back on Track...and Then Off Again | Challenge 5b: First-World ProblemsChallenge 5a: Make a Map | 

Challenge 4: Fly! (On a Bike!) | Challenge 3: Run!..(At All!) | Challenge 2: Stretch! | Challenge 1: Swim Faster! |

My Fitness Pal

"She was a woman who had wandered almost by accident into a life she had not quite intended for herself..." --Lawrence Osborne

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird 

of the family Anatidae on our hands." --Douglas Adams

@Tine, It's a fancy word for a burrito that's been fried and then in this case covered in cheese. Tasty but not exactly the healthiest thing in the world. Also thanks!

Re: Pistols, all in the spirit of cross-guild cooperation. Also finally making progress on stupid human tricks. :)

Merganser, this week turned into "mobilize those quads!" instead of the planned "work through the book" but that was what I needed to help with what I was actually doing so it made more sense to stick with that. If you're looking for stretches and mobility stuff I would suggest checking out mobilitywod.com and seeing if KStar has done anything about whatever gives you troubles, odd are he has. Good stuff.

Kailer, If you order right now we'll throw in snarky commentary and thinly veiled references to real events!

Day 7, Sunday.

Lunch was chicken, fries, and some frozen custard. Dinner was a salad, some olives, cheese, roast broccoli, roast potatoes, and prime rib I believe (I didn't cook it just at it and it was tender enough and apart from any bones all I got was "delicious"). Tomorrow the plan is the delayed Plantain Nachos.

Listening today was some music during my run. Todays lesson was that just because some places are open on a holiday doesn't mean the mall is, so I still need more shorts.

Activity today included, 1.1 miles of running (short and fast, TWSS?), .3 miles of walking (this is kinda embarrassingly low for me), and the Streak (which included a guest appearance by the wife trying to show me up at my pistol work and not doing so great on the down but pretty well on the up parts). Got 7h15 of sleep last night. Got some cleanup done around the apartment, and spent some time working on game stuff with the GM for my future Pathfinder game, and playing around with the media server (I've got some software stuff I'm playing with to try and streamline UI interaction, it's fun if you're crazy).

So how'd the week go?

Just Run: I only got out for activity twice this week, that's only half of my goal sadly. The two I got out for were very rewarding, todays mile was a good time for me speed wise and just for getting me out doing something. Not off to a stellar start but it's something and we can always go up from here. :)

Squat: Thanks in large part I feel to some help from the Assassin mini I've been making good progress on this one. In addition to the dedicated squat practice I've also kept up the Streak, and got in 1 of my planned 2 weights sessions. Hoping to improve on that last number next week and see what the mini has in store for me.

Mobilize: Didn't do the planned work from the book this week, but did focus on mobilizing my calf and my knee which gave me trouble during the week, which seems a better thing to focus on.

So a mixed week on some fronts but overall not a bad start. Time to go out and outdo myself.

Bis nexte Woche!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 8, Monday.

Lunch was chicken, curly fries, and a milkshake. Dinner was the much anticipated Plantain Nachos from Well Fed 2, they were delicious and worth the wait. I should have thought to buy more plantains though as I ran out of the chips before the meat, I'll know for next time. Very tasty though. Tomorrow the plan is Bibimbap if I get home in time to do it.

Listening today was This Week in Tech plus Latest in Paleo and more Cryptonomicon. Todays lesson was that given enough time and pressure the impossible may happen.

Activity today included:

• 4.3 miles of walking
  • Bench Press
    • 45x5 easy
    • 95x5 not easy, but not hard, meh
    • 105x5x5 could have gone more
  • Squats
    • 45x5 easy
    • 95x3 wider=better
    • 135x5x5 easy, ready for more
  • Deadlifts
    • 135x5 real easy
    • 185x5 very nice
    • 245x5 better than last time, reset grip on last one
    • 135x5 super easy
  • The Streak
    • Squats are continuing to improve thanks to the Assassin methods
    • Handstands felt weak tonight
  • Knee Mobility - flossed it and did some other work on trying to fix my knee issues.

The notes on the weight are exactly what's in my journal. I was having some shoulder issues during setup for the squat until I moved my grip out wider, then the issues only popped up briefly as I was unloading from the set. 

Got 6h45 of sleep last night, not the best night. Watched some Game of Thrones and just had a kind of relaxed night at home, worked on the media server for a little bit. 

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines