Shukar and the Quest for Better Booty

Shukar

Sadly I haven't been doing as much running as I might like so I don't have super good data yet. However, I've been noticing my sprints seem easier lately so there's a change that's related.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 31, Wednesday.

Lunch was chicken and shrimp. Dinner was italian sausage and roast beef, some fries, and part of a cake shake. Tomorrow the plan is Taj Mahal Chicken (so I should figure out what I need to pick up for that I suppose).

Listening today was Security Now (and back issues). Todays lesson was that sometimes you just have to be everywhere at once.

Activity today included:

• 4.6 miles of walking
  • Bench
    • 45x5 Easy
    • 95x5 Good stretch to my chest muscles
    • 110x5x5 very nice
  • Squat
    • 45x5 Easy
    • 95x3 Nice
    • 155x5x5 Tough at the end
  • Deadlift
    • 135x5 Easy
    • 185x3 Good
    • 235x1 Sweet
    • 265x5 Slow on the way up but it got there.
    • 135x5 Easy form set.
  • The Streak

Got 7h15 of sleep last night. Spent some time tonight playing with a random network project to see how well I could get that working, the answer so far is about halfway. Always more time to play with it though.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Wait, how are you everywhere at once? Have you become Omnipotent?! GASP!!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Kailer, it was a pretty dang good day really. :)

Red, don't you mean Omnipresent? Also there are a couple ways, one involves painfully being deconstructed into energy, another involves just moving really fast so nobody knows where you are; I was working on the latter.

Day 32, Thursday.

Lunch was some chicken and a big pile of steamed veggies; yum. Dinner was not the proposed chicken (that's now tomorrows plan), but instead bibimbap with eggplant and mushrooms for the veg.

Listening today was Cordkillers, and more Security Now back issues; finished my ten episodes of that so now on to a book, thinking Heretics of Dune. Todays lesson was that just because you know what a problem is doesn't mean you know anything about how to fix it.

Activity today included, 4.6 miles of walking, and the Streak (now with more knee mobility). Got a pitiful 6h30 of sleep last night. Not good. Got some errands done around the apartment today, cleaned up some files on the server, cleaned up the kitchen, sorted a pile of mail, usual stuff just a decent amount of it.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

In either case: GASP!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Red, Gasp indeed. ;)

Kailer, more limber than a wet noodle!

Day 33, Friday.

Lunch was a philly cheesesteak and some bacon cheese fries (delicious if likely awful for me). Dinner was the Taj Mahal chicken from Well Fed 2 (actually pretty darn good, though I'd leave out the raisins next time I think). Tomorrow I think we are going out with family.

Listening today included Home Theater Geeks, and a good start on Heretics of Dune. Todays lesson was that sometimes it becomes painfully obvious how much my time is worth to other people.

Activity today included, 1.6 miles of running, 4.9 miles of walkings, and the Streak. Got 6h45 of sleep last night. Spent the evening relaxing at home with the wife, worked on a few server things, watched a movie, had a nice simple night in.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 34, Saturday.

Lunch was chicken, and some lemon herb bacon cheese cauliflower (not as bad as that list of modifiers makes it sound, but not great either just kinda eh), and some pita chips and hummus. Dinner was a salad, and some pizza and garlic bread. Tomorrow is another day and I don't know what I'll be eating then.

LIstening today was some music while I played around with some projects. Todays lesson was that time heals a multitude of sins, and that work finds ways to remind you of its existence.

Activity today included, 1.6 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 8h30 of sleep last night, finally a good sleep number. Spent some time today working on some projects, got some media cleaned up, tidied up some artwork on the system, and even got a remote setup and mostly working. It's fun to have projects.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 35, Sunday.

Lunch was chicken, shrimp, cheese curds, and soft serve. Dinner was salad, olives, jalapeño poppers, and roast chicken. There was some angel food cake and drunken raspberries consumed for desert. Tomorrow's plan is in flux dependent on the wife's work schedule.

Listening today was This Week in Law, three good ones means it's going on the rotation for now. Today's lesson was that sometimes you just have to keep trying, other times you give up and solve the problem for someone.

Activity today included 4.3 miles of running, 1.8 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 7h30 of sleep last night. Got some more server stuff cleaned up today, grocery shopping for the week, and some planning on a hopefully upcoming nerd trip. Good day.

So how're the goals going?

Move: Got in 3 runs this week, good numbers. Now to keep that up and finish strong.

Squat: I've kind of drifted away from my "bottom up" plan for the challenge because some stretching has helped me with the top down approach, but I've hit a roadblock at about halfway I to the movement where my progress just stops. Time to try and cement what I have in my system and see if it's temporary or in need of something more innovative.

Mobilize: In conjunction with the above this turned into a knee goal, which isn't bad just different. Hit up the knee during the week and each time helped, need to just keep with it.

So overall not bad, just gotta stick with it and make those changes worthwhile.

Plan for the week:

Monday and Wednesday: lifting

Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday: running

Bis nexte Woche!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 36, Monday.

Lunch was a mahi burrito and some chips. Dinner was leftover pizza and some chips and dip. Tomorrow is salsa beef roast in the crockpot. 

Listening today was The Tim Ferriss Show, This Week in Tech, Paleo Solution, and more Heretics of Dune. Todays lesson was that sometimes you actually don't get what you paid for.

Activity today included:

• Squat
    • 45x5 Easy
    • 95x3 Simple
    • 165x5x5 Wow, good set, tough but started to feel better by the end.
  • OHP
    • 45x5 Easy
    • 75x5x5 Keep that booty tight and it keeps the body straight.
  • Deadlift
    • 135x5 Easy
    • 185x3 Good
    • 225x1 Good grip
    • 275x5 Slow up, finished with Rawr
    • 135x5 Form set
  • Walked 4 miles today
  • The Streak, with some knee work to help out after squat day

Got 7h30 of sleep last night, went to bed tired and woke up rested. Watched some Game of Thrones with the wife and worked through some episodes of Defiance so we'll be caught up by the time the season starts (fun show I missed most of when it was running last year). Now to go work on some projects before bed.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Todays lesson was that sometimes you actually don't get what you paid for.

O.o Don't say that! I just bought something from Amazon!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Red, Amazon does pretty well for that thankfully.

Day 37, Tuesday.

Lunch was chipotle, a truly massive burrito with carnitas, Barbados, and guac; round out with some chips and guac and I barely are dinner. Dinner was a delicious salsa roast; salsa, garlic, powdered chicken stock, and a chick roast in the crock pot all day. Tomorrow I'm gonna be at work so no clue what's in store yet.

Listening today was the Tim Ferriss Show, Savage Lovecast, Cordkillers, and Latest in Paleo, plus some Heretics. Today's lesson was that once something gets prickly it tends to want to stay that way.

Activity today included, 1.3 miles of running, 4.5 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 6h45 of sleep last night. Today's spare time was filled with some darts with friends and chatting with another friend about some project stuff. Good times. Also my ruck showed up in the mail. :)

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Red, Amazon does pretty well for that thankfully.

Day 37, Tuesday.

Lunch was chipotle, a truly massive burrito with carnitas, Barbados, and guac; round out with some chips and guac and I barely are dinner. Dinner was a delicious salsa roast; salsa, garlic, powdered chicken stock, and a chick roast in the crock pot all day. Tomorrow I'm gonna be at work so no clue what's in store yet.

Listening today was the Tim Ferriss Show, Savage Lovecast, Cordkillers, and Latest in Paleo, plus some Heretics. Today's lesson was that once something gets prickly it tends to want to stay that way.

Activity today included, 1.3 miles of running, 4.5 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 6h45 of sleep last night. Today's spare time was filled with some darts with friends and chatting with another friend about some project stuff. Good times. Also my ruck showed up in the mail. :)

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 38, Wednesday.

Lunch today was garlic dip, seasoned chicken (I think it had lentils or something along with the spices), grilled veggies (yum) and a couple cookies. Dinner was chicken, curly fries, and mozzarella sticks. Tomorrow's plan is Italian meat sauce and spaghetti squash but we shall see.

Listening today was security now, and more heretics of dune. Today's lesson was that some people do not bother to understand anything beyond themselves, and that's sad.

Activity today included, 3.5 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 7h sleep last night. Been spending a lot of time thinking recently and not enough time at home. It's a somewhat predictable combination, deep thoughts tend to happen for me when away from most conversation. I'd just like to have some more time at home one of these days.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Kailer, nothing wrong with that at all.

Day 39, Thursday.

Lunch was rice, crab, and avocado, plus some potstickers. Dinner was popcorn, chicken, and some dairy queen. Tomorrow shall be the planned italian meat sauce and spaghetti squash, in theory at least.

Listening today was Cordkillers, and Heretics. Todays lesson was that some people don't understand scale, and those people will cause no end of problems. 

Activity today included, 4.9 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 7h30 of sleep last night, not a bad amount at all. Went to see a movie with the wife tonight after work, Godzilla. Not a bad show, and nice to just chill a bit after work. Got tomorrow night off by surprise and Monday off work, so time to see what I can get up to over the weekend. :)

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 40, Friday.

Lunch was chicken. Dinner was a big salad, some clam chowder, some cream of mushroom, some garlic bread, and some red velvet lava cake. Tomorrow we go out with some friends of ours, then back home for some booze and CAH. Good plans.

Listening today was more Heretics of Dune. Todays lesson was that it's good to take some personal time every now and then, but too much can be trouble for the return.

Activity today included, 2.2 miles of running, 3.4 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 7h15 of sleep last night. Took a trip to the dart shop to pick the wife up a set, the friend who got us into this was kind enough to give me a set of his so I didn't have to buy any. Had a nice evening out with the wife for dinner and hanging out. 

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 41, Saturday.

LUnch was a burger, some fries, and some onion strings. Dinner was a goodly amount of sushi, and later some Viking Blod. Tomorrow is planned to be the fabled italian meat sauce, we shall see.

Listening today was some mucis. Todays lesson was that you should check if a place is open before you try and take friends there, because if it's gone out of business that'll be embarrassing.

Activity today included, 3.8 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 8h45 of sleep last night, that was pretty good once you got past the happy dog. Did some grocery shopping, buy 1 get 3 ribs are awesome, and spent the evening hanging out with friends and playing a long game of Cards Against Humanity (decided to just play through all the black cards and see what came up. It was a lot of fun. But now, bedtime. Later nerds!

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Happy dog?

Oh dear, the evening out didn't go as planned then? Well, not to worry - friends are usually pretty understanding about that sort of thing.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Apparently it autocorrected yappy, the dog upstairs was barking most of the last hour I was trying to sleep yesterday morning. And the night out went quite well, after we found another sushi place. :)

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

A happy dog is a yapping dog.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

That may be true, but could it be a little less happy while I'm trying to sleep? You'd think my being asleep was reason enough to not be happy.

Day 42, Sunday.

Lunch was a beef chimichanga and some tortilla chips. Dinner was the italian meat sauce, over spaghetti squash, and with pizza veggies on the side; all told a very tasty dinner if a bit long in the making. Tomorrow's plan is ribs and crispy fingerling potatoes, we'll see how that goes.

Listening today was This Week in Law. Todays lesson was that while technology is useful sometimes it just causes headaches.

Activity today included 4.3 miles of running, 3.2 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 7h30 of sleep last night. Got some more work on my grocery project done today, some time in the kitchen with the wife working on dinner (fun, I swear), and we got the apartment cleaned up. Tomorrow will be for enjoying not being at work.

So how'd the goals go for the challenge?

Running: There were a few weeks where this was a real challenge, but overall (after a slow start) I did pretty well with this. It has reached a good level of habit for now, though it'll only stay that way if I keep it up.Hoping to build off the momentum here going into the next challenge. B+

Squat: This one is kind of a mixed bag. On the one hand I made good progress on my pistol and did work on it every day. On the other I didn't really do the "from the bottom up" aspect of the goal after about the first week. I still think that solution has merit so I'm hoping to incorporate it going forward, as having not achieved the end goal I'm gonna be adapting this one to keep going. B

Mobility: This was another mixed result. On the one hand I did end up doing dedicated mobility work around 3-4 times a week, on the other it was mostly the same knee related work and not the intended working through the book start to finish to grind out whatever ails me. So keeping the mobility goal, changing things up a bit, and remembering that it's about improving the things I do regularly is the name of the game here. A-

So overall right on that boundary between A and B, a good place to be I guess. Even if the lessons I learned weren't the ones I thought they were still lessons worth learning.

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines