• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heidi

Heidi: How Happy to Be

Nourishing Mind, Body and Soul

Mind WIS +5 (1 each)

Read or knit daily 40-49 A; 35-39 B; 30-34 C; 25-29 D; 0-24 F

I signed up for 100 books to read for the Goodreads 2014 challenge. It was kind of on a whim, but it will push me. I am not really going to be hurt if I don’t make this, but I have noticed that when I make more time for reading or knitting that I am more calm and centered overall, so this is a good way to relax and reward my mind.

Pay on one debt item a week 6-7 A; 5 B; 4 C; 3 D; 0-2 F

Financial worry is soul-crushing. I recently read a report on the effects of poverty sapping nearly an entire standard deviation from a person’s intelligence, and I can completely believe that. While my children and I aren’t living in poverty as yet, I do worry, and I would like the mental peace that comes from knowing I am taking care of us.

Two classes a week 12-14 A; 10 B; 8 C; 6 D; 0-5 F

I’m enrolled in the paralegal program at a nearby university. Attending class is the single most important factor in ensuring my success and retention of the information.

Homework weekly 12-14 A; 10 B; 8 C; 6 D; 0-5 F

I have to make the time and priority to complete my homework for the classes. Currently I have a 4.0, and I would like to maintain it.

Weekly (probably Monday) cleaning 6-7 A; 5 B; 4 C; 3 D; 0-2 F

This might seem odd as a Mind piece, but keeping my home clean is more about remembering to do it than anything else, and thinking about how it can best be supported so that when I find the time to do the chores they are as simple as possible.

Body DEX +5

Water 2L/day 2L A; 1.5-1.99L B; 1.0-1.49L C; .50-.99L D; 0-.49L F

Walk 5000 steps daily 4500-5000 A; 4000-4499 B; 3500-3999 C; 3000-3499 D; 0-2999 F

I was tempted to increase this, but then I looked back at the last six weeks and realized that I worked like a dog to get to this point, and it would be a real success if I were able to maintain it. So five thousand it is, and we’ll see where that gets me.

Abs of Doom Daily (with a rest day every fourth day) 40-49 A; 35-39 B; 30-34 C; 25-29 D; 0-24 F

Last challenge I was doing the 30 Day Abs Challenge and once I got about halfway through it I was completely wiped out, and had hit my limit. It’s ok to have limits. That doesn’t mean I should quit or give up, it means I should stay at the limit level and keep at it until it’s not the limit any more. So here’s to that. I’ll keep a track of what I do, but I’m allowed to repeat the number that I do each day. It doesn’t have to be more than yesterday all the time. In fact, it doesn’t even have to be as many as the day before. It simply has to be.

Nightly sleep 40-49 A; 35-39 B; 30-34 C; 25-29 D

I need to take care of myself by making certain I'm getting enough rest. If I'm worn out and exhausted, I can't be a good student / parent / friend. I need to be in bed no later than midnight, with 11 p.m. preferred. I am hoping the meditation routine will dovetail with this.

Nightly Floss Routine 40-49 A; 35-39 B; 30-34 C; 25-29 D; 0-24 F

Soul CHA +5

Daily mindfulness from Living Your Yoga 40-49 A; 35-39 B; 30-34 C; 25-29 D; 0-24 F

Dishes Daily (usually at night before we go to bed) 40-49 A; 35-39 B; 30-34 C; 25-29 D; 0-24 F

Daily quiet time (probably after yoga) 40-49 A; 35-39 B; 30-34 C; 25-29 D; 0-24 F

Weekly cooking (probably Wednesday) 6-7 A; 5 B; 4 C; 3 D; 0-2 F

Nightly Meditation 40-49 A; 35-39 B; 30-34 C; 25-29 D; 0-24 F

Bonus:

Mind, Body & Soul -- Spa Day & hot oil treatment for my hair: +1 to everything. :)

Weekly article on food and home 6 A; 5 B; 4 C; 3 D; 0-2 F +2 WIS

Private goal: + to everything 1008-1000 +5; 750-999 +4;  500-749 +3; 250-499 +2; 100 - 249 +1

• Like 2

A spa day sounds fantastic.  I love how straightforward your challenges are.  I also am trying to drink 2L (mine is set to 72oz) of water a day - if you have an iphone or android phone, I've found the app "waterlogged" to really help me keep track of it.

• Like 1

These are fantastic goals! All of them seem incredibly nourishing. Cleaning doesn't seem strange placed in the 'Mind' space to me; especially since I notice that my mind is quieter and calmer after I actually take the time to clean my space. You have a lot on your plate, and I can't wait to cheer you on!

• Like 1

These are fantastic goals! All of them seem incredibly nourishing. Cleaning doesn't seem strange placed in the 'Mind' space to me; especially since I notice that my mind is quieter and calmer after I actually take the time to clean my space. You have a lot on your plate, and I can't wait to cheer you on!

Thanks, Leo.

I'll be sure to keep you in mind when I'm posting and doing my list of stuff. :)

Heidi... 

you got this :)

and you are amazing... :) and I can't wait til we can do coffee :D

Thanks -- totally looking forward to coffee as well.

Did you know there are only 161 days left until camp?

:D

• Like 1

I found it easy to read more by going to bed earlier than I normally would (and even if it's just half an hour early) and just reading - nothing else allowed. Perhaps it helps you cram some more reading time into your day to try it!

• Like 1

Just heard back from the school -- Ethan will be out the remainder of this year but will be allowed back in the Fall. He will be able to complete this year by doing home-based instruction online so that he can keep up his assignments.

I think this will be good in that it will give him the space he needs to create some new behavior patterns.

• Like 1

Ooh a spa day, what a great idea.  All your goals sound wonderful, very grounded.  You can do it!

Also I think that's good news about Ethan! :)  Good luck to your whole family in working through this difficulty.

Onerous task of the day: Applied for student loans for the upcoming term. 

Also, I'm rethinking a couple of the goals, since I'm aching and my back was a painful wreck last night almost to the point of not being able to go to class. Maybe more stretching and resting and less worrying about the workout.

Ooh a spa day, what a great idea.  All your goals sound wonderful, very grounded.  You can do it!

Also I think that's good news about Ethan! :)  Good luck to your whole family in working through this difficulty.

Thank you. Resting days are what keep us strong, and good wishes and warm thoughts make it all worthwhile.

Welcome back here!

Reading in bed at night rocks!

Although I nearly never finish the first page ;)

I found it easy to read more by going to bed earlier than I normally would (and even if it's just half an hour early) and just reading - nothing else allowed. Perhaps it helps you cram some more reading time into your day to try it!

Sun and  AS: I  found that if I start reading in bed I stay up until birds are tweeting. But I like the suggestion and maybe I'll put a time limit on it before my nightly meditation as a way to transition my mind away from the daily reality and towards a restful, accepting space.

That sounds perfectly you-nourishing!

That, my dear is THE goal of this round. Balance is not found in going full speed without stopping.

Looking forward to having you along for the journey, all of you.

I do this too, it helps :)

I love your goals and am jealous that you get to have coffee with Jenn.

• Like 1

Totally rocked the trial tonight.

Got the discussion questions back and aced them. Now the only thing that remains from the trial is the post-trial write up due next week.

And two tests on the same night next week.

• Like 2

True confessions: I'm not just tired after the last challenge; I'm downright exhausted.

Who knew that merely brushing my teeth would be so much of a heroic effort after all I accomplished last challenge?

And yet. And yet it is.

Wow. I did in fact brush and floss, and I did in fact do the dishes before heading into my room , and I did in fact deal with my life today.

That is all.

Heidi out.

Alienjenn please tell me that is in your back yard and we can come use it!

Heidi- take a moment today to just sit in the sunshine and take in all you have accomplished.

I wish... but just for you I'll share where I am today

Posted Image

That's my hammock ;)

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 2