• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heidi

Heidi: How Happy to Be

Morning meditation and 1L water.

Doing well with quiet time and steps and water, but having to dig deep to find motivation for Abs of Doom.

Cleaned the bathrooms yesterday and I have stayed on top of dishes, laundry and counters and clutter. I still have a few boxes of stuff to deal with from the move - I hauled everything into the hallway so that I am tripping over it until it is done. Having a task be irksome is the best motivation for me to just suck it up and deal with it so that I can move on to more enjoyable, less irksome things.

Did my facial, a purification mask of bentonite clay activated with apple cider vinegar, and my face feels calm and wonderful. Vivian laughed merrily while it dried. :)

Loved the pics of the new place. Your kitchen is so uncluttered! I am making headway. Starting to say as I go through piles and files

WWHD ( what would Heidi do)?

This totally made my day. :)

Ethan is home from the hospital. We are having a great time having him back.

• Like 3

Almost 8000 steps.

20 stupid ab twists.

Two rows knit, and a night of feasting to banish the memory of hospital food.

This totally made my day. :)

Ethan is home from the hospital. We are having a great time having him back.

I'm so glad Ethan is home. You tell him we are happy for him.

Great job on the water intake, I need that type of discipline with water.

Irksome definitely works, I do that too.

• Like 1

Hooray!!  So glad that Ethan is home and feeling better!!  It must be very comforting to have all your chicks back in the nest tonight.  Enjoy every minute!

So Ethan is jome and we are having great conversation about hard things. Independence. Sympathy v. Empathy. Inclusion. Dominant culture and its myriad rules.

I have only two papers that survived from my student years and let him read the one on 20th century counter-culture and why it matters.

So. And. We are still up. Talking as we never had before. Him saying "Wow" as he reads, asking, telling, pleading for me to make the paper into a book.

Him showing me his passion; me showing my soft underbelly.

It is a beautiful night.

He took a break from talking to message his friends to buy bracelets that read CARE, hoping to raise money to makr a difference. I told him about wells and Afghanistan in the early 80s and my feeling if futility.

Yes, indeed. We might change the world.

• Like 5

I'm so glad you got to spend some quality, intense talking time with Ethan and that he is home :) That sounds like a really wonderful, if not tough, conversation. 

you can TOTALLY change the world :)

I am gonna have to look at my schedule for may/june... and make plans to come down one day kiddless and have some coffee :)

you can TOTALLY change the world :)

I am gonna have to look at my schedule for may/june... and make plans to come down one day kiddless and have some coffee :)

And while you are busy changing the world I have this little list of things I want as well. :playful:

And two women with world domination plans having coffee together? The mind boggles.

• Like 1

And while you are busy changing the world I have this little list of things I want as well. :playful:

And two women with world domination plans having coffee together? The mind boggles.

Well.... plans made over coffee usually come to fruition

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 1

Absolutely Jen.

Watch out, world. :)

Legal memo turned in and lots of stuff to do personally and academically before class tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Well you sure don't look like you're in a slump!  You're just merrily trucking along, knocking out steps on your way to goals....and totally rocking out the first 3 days of challenge :)

• Like 1

You've made a lot of progress the last three days, or so I feel!  I know sometimes its hard to give yourself the benefit of the doubt as we tend to be invisible to our own accomplishments... but I assure you you're doing well!  Keep at it!

• Like 1

Yesterday I think I was just emotionally spent.

I didn't do the dishes before bed for the first time in a month, and I didn't do meditation until almost midnight.

But today is looking pretty good so far! :)

Definitely looks like you're doing a great job from this angle :) Glad you're feeling a bit more in the zone today!

The important thing is you still meditated! Slumps are okay and sometimes necessary, just make sure you rest up enough to move through them!

• Like 1

Hey Heidi! It looks like you've been doing really well this challenge - it certainly doesn't look like a slump from where I'm sitting :)