• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heidi

Heidi: How Happy to Be

Spent the whole day (9-3) at one government service agency or another.

Blerg.

Now off to apply for a job and then study for the test.

• Like 1

Applied for four jobs. Totally fell asleep in my chair when I needed to be writing my post trial paper and studying.

I have just enough time to dash to class. Fingers crossed that I do well and get home in time to do the write up.

• Like 1

Aced two tests last night.
Wrote the paper, proofed it, and sent it in, and I think it's pretty good.

I needed some pampering and down time, so I had a massage. It was so amazing I found myself meditating while I was on the table.

Lunch with the kids, and then a therapy appointment with Ethan that was just wonderful. He introduced me to a band and I really like their work (My Chemical Romance).

The boys are outside on their bikes and Vivian is visiting her dad. I'm sipping hot plum tea and enjoying the stillness after a very busy week.

• Like 1

Can't sleep, so I started making a roasted beef stock from scratch.

These lovelies will roast for 30 minutes while I watch Breaking Bad:

Posted Image

Transferred the whole thing to a stock pot and added cold water to cover, and some fresh thyme and black pepper.

This will simmer for at least 4 hours.
ujujy3aq.jpg

Roast and veggies look amazing! What episode are you on in Breaking Bad? It's a great series!

Near the end of the fifth season.

Decided to move it all to the slow cooker once it came to a decent simmer. I put it on low and will let it go for most of the day tomorrow.

Mind

Cleaning clutter; kitchen; bathroom

Paid on a debt today

Body

Water 3L

Steps 5000+

Abs Rest Day

Sleep Not so much

Floss routine pending

Soul

Nightly dishes done

Quiet time done

Meditation and massage

Cooked roast beef stock

The stock this morning looks wonderful.

Warning: It is aromatic enough to be fumigating the whole apartment, making us really hungry! :)

Spent some time studying for the upcoming exams and archiving my notebooks from this term. Next term starts next week.

Walked 2.23 miles on the treadmill with some serious incline while the other half of the Butternut squash roasted.

Well over steps and water.

And now, Arrow and squash.

It looks like you had an excellent challenge start to me Heidi! Also, I am so impressed that you just cook and seem so inspired and just do things. I need a recipe and follow it closely and it turns out ok, and sometimes fine.

Thanks, Eve.

Having seasonal food changed the way I approached everything, especially food and cooking. My advice? Start with your eyes and follow your nose. If things look like they are a good idea and it smells complementary, go for it. :)

• Like 1

O my wow.

Apparently when I was on the treadmill, I got a big old blister.

I am being a complete baby about it, and Ethan is being great, bringing me warm Epsom salt cloths to lay upon it.

And then got inspired to make chili.

I love my kids.

Floors swept and mopped. Some of the extraneous stuff dealt with. Dishes washed and put away.

Now onto the practice LSAT before Vivian comes home.

Woot. Just finished the LSAT practice test and my score was 166. This is pretty acceptable, though I'm looking forward to increasing it with the preparation classes and exercises -- I'm scheduled to take it on Sept. 27 (just after camp!)

The higher the score I get, the better my chances for a scholarship are.

Vivian is home and just as wonderful as ever.

The chili Ethan made with the beef stock was *amazing*.

Vivian has read stories and is resting; the boys are watching season one of Heroes; and I am sipping lemon Ginger tea, because it is lovely.

Stayed up working lsat test problems last night, then got up with the kids and had a fine morning. I dropped the boys at my mom's to log some Spring Break work time while Vivian and I hit the local mission store to see if they had a suitable love seat. They didn't, but they had a rack of women's suits and I picked up two - $25 each - and an original trivial pursuit game, still new, for $2.50. Then she and I had grilled cheese, soup and iced cream. Totally yummy lunch before visiting back at home with all the kids and my brother and his amazing Lady. They brought me _The Silver Spoon_ for my birthday and I'm totally excited to start thumbing through it.

Steps and water are on track, and I'm heading for some quiet time now. Vivian is resting and the boys are out on their bikes, enjoying the sunshine.

Woot. Just finished the LSAT practice test and my score was 166. This is pretty acceptable, though I'm looking forward to increasing it with the preparation classes and exercises -- I'm scheduled to take it on Sept. 27 (just after camp!)

The higher the score I get, the better my chances for a scholarship are.

Vivian is home and just as wonderful as ever.

Oh man, awesome!  The LSAT is a beast of a test.  You're doing great with practice questions and tests.  You're inspiring me to sit down and finally knock out my MCAT studying...

• Like 1