Assassins' Den! (general chat thread)

ApfelStrudi

So it's a hooded figure with a sword and a bird. Right then. It's either Mordecai from Borderlands or that-guy-whose-name-I-can-never-remember from Assassin's Creed

I remember (way back when) that the guy who designed the crests was a traceur. He said something like the Assassin crest was representative of what he felt like when he was free-running--like he was about to turn into a bird and take flight.

• Like 2

Hi, this is completely off topic, but what is our guild crest meant to be? I see it as a sort of bird-type-thing with an elephant's head. Please tell me I'm wrong, because that would make us elephant-birds, and I'm not happy with that.

But ... but ... elephant birds are AWESOME!

elephant_bird_1.jpg

TERRIFYING 3m TALL BIRDS RUNNING AT YOU! Scary!

Superhero movies as inspiration are cool. But there is a down side. Took my wife to see the new captain America film, and she's decided that I should aim to look like him. Not an impossible standard to reach or anything...

I hear you on that one, I used to aim to be like Chris Hemsworth/Thor for quite a bit, now I'm thinking I might just slowly slowly slowly get to something vaguely like that.... When I win the lottery and can employ a personal trainer 24/7!

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Ezio! Over here!

I recently replayed Assassin's Creed 2 and there's this one part, for those of you that still remember: On your way to Venice you do that horse carriage ride thingy, then go through a swamped area to a harbour to board a ship that brings you to Venice. And while you're there and doing your quests and updating the map, and Leonardo just keeps yelling "Ezio! Over here!" and does NOT stop. That made me so mad :D

• Like 3

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

Muahahaha! 

tumblr_m4li77J4nA1rn95k2o1_500.gif

And yes I checked, so far we have almost double the threads everyone else does!

This is wonderful

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

You know, the Assassin's Crest can also be Sephiroth's One-Winged Angel form from Final Fantasy VII

OneWingedAngel.jpg

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

It does kind of look that way. I always thought of Dar and his eagle Sharak whenever I saw it.

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

And because I'm feeling so generous and with the help of Vengefulpear, here's the first glance at the new edition of our Assassin Academy - also known as 6-week-long skill challenge!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46790-6-week-long-challenge-of-skill/

Come and find out what we're trying to achieve this challenge, and keep an eye out for the first weekly mini-challenge to figure out which enemy we're facing this time, and how we can prepare for it!

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

I agree with Red, somehow that is what I associated the crest with

I like you already ^_^

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Hey, Question:

Somewhere on this magnificent website, is there a guide/introduction to using the post creator/editor?

You know like how to add an image, resize it, change formats, etc and etc...

• Like 1

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

Hey, Question:

Somewhere on this magnificent website, is there a guide/introduction to using the post creator/editor?

You know like how to add an image, resize it, change formats, etc and etc...

If there is, I haven't seen it. Mostly I learned by trial and error. Lots of error.

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines