• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Leonine

Leonine's Path to be a Master: Viridian City

DAY 10- 

Stretching- Complete. 10/42

Tried another new something today; I wanted to hang out/catch up with a good friend of mine who I hadn't seen in ages... and, since we live in a Scout/fitness capital, we headed to a Pure Barre class. Ouch! Who knew such tiny, prissy-looking little movements could burn so much? Anyways, I left the studio all wibbly-wobbly, and stretched immediately afterwards. 

Meditation- Complete. 10/42

I struggled with this one, mostly because my roomie wouldn't turn the television down (to be fair, I did an hour of yoga in the morning so I was letting her do whatever she wanted, since she had to wait). I might give it another shot before bed.

Art Training- Complete. 9/42

Got hit with a sledgehammer of stuff at work last night, and decided to just leave it until first thing this morning. So, my allotted hour of training was hijacked by overtime, but I watched about an extra 30 min of tutorials over my lunch break. Soon, I will have fun links for you smart-phoning people to download, if you want to give them a try. ;D

• Like 1

Ooh, links would be interesting. I've always told myself I wanted to learn other art, but then it comes down to actually having to practice and realizing that my stuff never comes out looking cool (which it isn't supposed to; I know, it's a learning process, but still).

Ooh, links would be interesting. I've always told myself I wanted to learn other art, but then it comes down to actually having to practice and realizing that my stuff never comes out looking cool (which it isn't supposed to; I know, it's a learning process, but still).

Ahaha, I totally understand that! I always think, "I've been doing this for an hour already. Why am I not good at it yet?!" Which is a little silly, but absolutely how my mind operates. :P

DAY 11-

Haha, I notice that without my batch cooking goal from the last time... batch cooking never gets done any more. This is the third day in a row I've meant to do it,and something's gotten in the way. Tomorrow it'll have to be; I need food in mah fridge!

Stretching- Complete. 11/42

Done, after my morning cardio session. Legs are working normally, despite the barre beatdown they had to endure yesterday...

Meditation- Complete. 11/42

There's so much stuff going on at work lately, it's been hard to just sit down and relax now that I'm back in my groove. Ahh, it seemed so much easier when I was on vacation. >_>

Art Training- Complete. 10/42

More tutorials after work, as well as a foray into research for a logo I'm going to be working on this weekend. I'm excited for this one; it's for a mechanic/auto repair garage, I'm planning on doing some classic car throwback stuff with it. Tomorrow will likely be a lot of cooking, but Saturday I want to get some serious sketching done! I think I gathered enough reference material today to make a good start of it. 

• Like 1

Looks like all's well over here, then. Your legs are still kicking, and you seem to have avoided the sick. Very good!

DAY 12-

Sooper sleepy, so I'll keep this brief-

Stretching- Complete. 12/42

For some reason my hips and hamstrings were not having it today. THey were struggling during yoga, but I felt tired overall- something's out of whack, maybe I'll be able to pin it down in the morning? Could just be an off night, but everything was off- balance, flexibility, motivation, the whole 9 yards.

Meditation- Complete. 12/42

Meditated during my lunch break- I think I prefer doing it right when I wake up.

Art Training- Complete. 11/42

Got it done, but it was a slog. I think I was really burned out from the week! One great article I read today was 12 Essential Rules to Follow when Designing a Logo, and I must take note: "An effective graphic designer will spend more time [on preliminary sketches] than any other step in the design process". Must read it, must believe it. I'm going to be focusing on that tomorrow and Sunday- I won't just vectorize the first idea that comes to mind! 

Some days are just off, and work week to con to work week is a long time without some downtime.  All will probably be well after some quiet weekend time.

• Like 1

Some days are just off, and work week to con to work week is a long time without some downtime.  All will probably be well after some quiet weekend time.

+1

Don't underestimate the power of yoga to fry the body. Maybe a little R 'n R is called for here.

• Like 1

Meditation- Complete. 11/42

There's so much stuff going on at work lately, it's been hard to just sit down and relax now that I'm back in my groove. Ahh, it seemed so much easier when I was on vacation. >_>

This is when you need it the most, keep trying to carve out that time. 

I hope you are feeling better today :) 

It is for sure, I think I was just expecting too much out of myself. After just one day of resting up, I'm already feeling loads better. :D

+1

Don't underestimate the power of yoga to fry the body. Maybe a little R 'n R is called for here.

Yeah, I think I need to get a better sense of how much my body can actually handle when it comes to yoga (I've made a progression from the beginner basics to the intermediate courses in my program). It might be tiring me out more than I think!

This is when you need it the most, keep trying to carve out that time. 

I hope you are feeling better today :)

Haha, too true, I didn't think of it like that! Today I added an extra 5 minutes to my time, just for an extra challenge/treat. ;)

DAY 13-

Woke up after a good sleep in, immediately feeling better. Had some Chocolate-Maple Chia Pudding I'd made the night before, and was surprisingly ready to take on the day! It was actually quite busy; one of the highlights being a chocolate-tasting event held by Ritual Chocolate, who makes craft chocolate right here in the area. They walked us through how to taste different dark chocolates from different origins; it's a lot like wine tasting! Each regional chocolate tastes different not because they infuse it with anything, but because of genetics, weather, fermentation process... If any of you guys are dark chocolate aficionados, you should look into it. ;)

Stretching- Complete. 13/42

Finished my yoga video that I had started the day before, and ended it with some good long stretches. I'm going to begin incorporating more runner's stretches in, I didn't realize how tight I was there until I randomly tried it!

Meditation- Complete. 13/42

Trying to sit 15 minutes on the weekends, just to push myself a little bit more. It's a test of focus more than anything (as well as a test of carving out time!).

Art Training- Complete. 12/42

Got about 2 1/2 hours of freelance work in today, and I'm going to try for another hour or two today so I can get some peer and client feedback on Monday. The best part of freelance training work? I get a little cash for it! Cha-ching! Some will go to savings, others to new cookbooks. :9

Chocolate maple chia pudding?  Recipe?  CHOCOLATE TASTING?????  *is jealous*

Glad you're feeling better!

Oh man, chia pudding is my favorite weekend breakfast! It goes as follows for the base recipe-

3 tbsp chia seeds

1 cup almond milk (or water, or coconut milk, or other liquid).

Boom. Done. But, this is what I add in addition to make it Chocolate-Maple pudding-

1 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder (unsweetened)

1 tbsp maple syrup

You stir this together in a bowl or jar, making sure it doesn't clump together, and put in in the fridge overnight. When you wake up, it's a lot like tapioca pudding, but full of nutrients and awesome fatty acids. Also, delicious. Next time I make it, I'll take a pic!

• Like 1

DAY 14-

Stretching- Complete. 14/42

Did this after my cardio this morning- for the first time all week, I was feeling energetic enough to go to the gym. That's a good sign!

Meditation- Complete. 14/42

I did another 15 minutes this morning, which tested my patience again. I stuck with it, though! Tomorrow I suppose I'll go back to 10, just gotta keep carving out that time.

Art Training- Complete. 13/42

Did a full hour or logo sketching (even though I was shooting for two). Tomorrow, I'll upload the work that I've been doodling so far. :D

You are doing great on your challenge and the chia pudding sounds awesome. Thanks for posting the recipe!

Looking forward to seeing more of your artwork, too!

• Like 1

Oh man, chia pudding is my favorite weekend breakfast! It goes as follows for the base recipe-

3 tbsp chia seeds

1 cup almond milk (or water, or coconut milk, or other liquid).

Boom. Done. But, this is what I add in addition to make it Chocolate-Maple pudding-

1 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder (unsweetened)

1 tbsp maple syrup

You stir this together in a bowl or jar, making sure it doesn't clump together, and put in in the fridge overnight. When you wake up, it's a lot like tapioca pudding, but full of nutrients and awesome fatty acids. Also, delicious. Next time I make it, I'll take a pic!

Well, that must be made here stat. Thanks!   I do make chia pudding but mine tends to involve protein powder, because I'll stick that in anything.

DAY 14-

Stretching- Complete. 14/42

Did this after my cardio this morning- for the first time all week, I was feeling energetic enough to go to the gym. That's a good sign!

Meditation- Complete. 14/42

I did another 15 minutes this morning, which tested my patience again. I stuck with it, though! Tomorrow I suppose I'll go back to 10, just gotta keep carving out that time.

Art Training- Complete. 13/42

Did a full hour or logo sketching (even though I was shooting for two). Tomorrow, I'll upload the work that I've been doodling so far. :D

Oooh, pictures!  We must see them!  Keep at the meditation, it will work out for you.  You have much determination.  You can do this.

• Like 1

You are doing great on your challenge and the chia pudding sounds awesome. Thanks for posting the recipe!

Looking forward to seeing more of your artwork, too!

Thanks Shadow, you're awesome! :D 

Awesome artwork & goals! Looooooove the Pokemon theme. Keep up the good work!

Haha, thank you Jarach! My love for Pokemon is strong and deep, super happy that there are others out there too. :P

Well, that must be made here stat. Thanks!   I do make chia pudding but mine tends to involve protein powder, because I'll stick that in anything.

Oooh, pictures!  We must see them!  Keep at the meditation, it will work out for you.  You have much determination.  You can do this.

Ooh, love it with protein powder! I keep forgetting to add it in. But, that would be awesome. :9 And thank you so much for the encouragement, you are the best!

DAY 15-

Wow, it's the beginning of Week 3! I didn't even notice! At first I was feeling like this challenge was taking forever, now I'm not so sure. :tongue:

Stretching- Complete. 15/42

Oooh, got a really good set in after a brief workout this morning. I think I zoned out while I was stretching; I wasn't super active, and time was up before I knew it! Felt great, though.

Meditation- Complete. 15/42

Had my typical Monday night power sesh of a 20-30 minute sitting followed by an hour long Dharma talk. I was really focused for almost all of it... until I started to get hungry towards the end, and could only think about snacks. X) It happens.

Art Training- Complete. 14/42

Alright, I promised some sketches, and here they are! Doodles really, but I could use your guys' help- I'm designing a logo for a young guy (early 20's) who's starting a garage and repair shop. He's running it out of an old warehouse, totally old school, elbow grease and dirty hands. His only direction for the logo was that it 'had to look cool on glass' (presumably as a vinyl decal on a car/garage window).

So my question is, are any of these sticking out to you guys? Which ones seem stronger than others? I would really appreciate your input, thanks in advance! (Sadly, the angle is skewed which is why they look crooked- I was having a hard time getting a straight snapshot of my notebook!)

photo13_zps471a840c.jpg

photo23_zps568abbe1.jpg

• Like 2

I'm drawn to the one on the first page, lower right. But instead of the wing thingies, maybe use the crescent wrench ends, kind of like in the ones on the left, sans the shield. I like the wrench because it says "garage" without being potentially too reminiscent of any particular make of car. Just my 2 cents. Good "doodles!"

I like the first page, top right logo. Just seems cool to me.

You're nailing this challenge to the wall. Excellent. :D

I'm drawn to the one on the first page, lower right. But instead of the wing thingies, maybe use the crescent wrench ends, kind of like in the ones on the left, sans the shield. I like the wrench because it says "garage" without being potentially too reminiscent of any particular make of car. Just my 2 cents. Good "doodles!"

Thanks Shadow! I really like the wrench motif as well (which is why I tried to use it to death), and the clients like them too. :) So those'll be ones that I take to the next step!

I like the one with the crossed wrenches on the first page.

You are kicking all kinds of butt this challenge :-)

Hehe, thanks Tei! Just trying to keep the momentum going; your encouragement is really helping out!

I like the first page, top right logo. Just seems cool to me.

You're nailing this challenge to the wall. Excellent. :D

Awesome; I showed these to my supervisor at work to get his take, and he likes the top bunch as well. So I'll be taking some of those and moving on to the next phase with them! Super excited!

• Like 1

DAYS 16/17-

Ehhh, I missed my update yesterday. Teh horror. But it's alright, I know it just wasn't feasible; I'm just determined to not miss two in a row! ;) Anyhoo-

Stretching- Complete. 17/42

So nice. Last night I stretched after a bath (I was taking care of my parents' house, and they have a tub!), and my muscles were soooo happy. Also, I can nearly put my palms flat on the floor while doing a straight-legged forward fold. That's a huge improvement.

Meditation- Complete. 17/42

Both days I meditated during my lunch break, there just wasn't time (read: I forgot to make time, let's be honest) in the morning. But it was still nice to have a full belly, and then just sit down and be at peace for a bit. I enjoyed both sessions.

Art Training- Complete. 16/42

Had a rundown of my logo ideas with some folks at work (just for feedback), and got some great advice! Tomorrow I'll be vectorizing some of these logos, but lately I've been spending some hours doing extra overtime. No one's fault, we just have a lot of games launching! Speaking of which... check out what we launched today!

So proud of the whole team! If you want to give it a shot, you can get it here. :3

• Like 1