• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Leonine

Leonine's Path to be a Master: Viridian City

Yep, workout can make that much of a difference.  Anything going on at work could as well.  Have you been consistently staying late?  You enjoy it but it still takes up mental resources and energy.

If you have a smartphone, there are also meditation apps that have notifications that are much more gentle and won't scare you when you get deep into the state later on in your practice.. assuming you even have that problem in the first place!

As for feeling fatigued, it would actually make that big of a difference :) Make sure you keep up with food intake and nutrition!

Oh sweet, I love apps! I am all about my smartphone, do you have recommendations for any good ones? Yeah, I'm guessing with the fatigue the nutrition has something (if not everything) to do with it; I'm just shocked it makes that much of a difference!

Yep, workout can make that much of a difference.  Anything going on at work could as well.  Have you been consistently staying late?  You enjoy it but it still takes up mental resources and energy.

I talked to my doctor/dietician today when I got weighed, and she confirmed that just that can make that much of a difference. It's almost hard for me to believe! I'm just so doggone exhausted! I didn't think about work, though... yeah, I've been putting in a couple extra hours a day (at least one or two a day, sometimes more). I usually go home when I get too tired/hungry to focus anymore. -_-

DAY 3:

Okay, cool beans, I made it through another day! It's nice updating every day when all my goals are to be done daily. That way I always have something at least slightly new to say. Earlier I mentioned how my energy levels have been tanking recently, especially when at work and in the evenings. Serious fatigue. I've just recently begun working out more, and I don't count calories, but I know I haven't increased my eating. So, I took a hint from all you guys and asked my dietician if undernourishment could be the cause, which she answered with a resounding 'yes'... especially since I'm still technically clinically underweight (and therefore with very little reserves if I'm not fueling myself properly). So, that's good for me to notice and keep in mind.

Meditation: COMPLETE. 3/42

Didn't sleep well last night, and lay awake for a long time before I just decided to go ahead and start meditating early. I don't know if it was because I was so sleepy or not, but I seemed to have an easier time keeping my mind calm today.

Stretching: COMPLETE. 3/42

Done, after my cardio this morning. I listened to a lovely podcast on brand strategies while I did, the time just flew by! I noticed I was super tight in my legs. Maybe it's due to my walking longer distances, since the weather's been nicer...

Training: COMPLETE. 3/42

I switched it up and did my training BEFORE work, so I could meet friends for happy hour right after I clocked out. A good idea, apparently, as I ended up using a lot of the InDesign skills I learned on a project later in the afternoon. I'm pitching that project to upper management tomorrow, so, fingers crossed that it goes well. >_<

Mini-Challenge: Update 3/42

I don't have any personal recommendations because I've recently only been meditating while commuting to work, but here's a list! Experiment, have fun!

Keep it up!

Nice.  Good on you for checking in with your dietician.  It's amazing what takes resources out of your system and needs to be balanced. 

Good luck with the project pitch!  Let us know how it turns out.

I don't have any personal recommendations because I've recently only been meditating while commuting to work, but here's a list! Experiment, have fun!

Keep it up!

Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely look that up. How do you meditate to work? Do you take the bus?

Nice. Good on you for checking in with your dietician. It's amazing what takes resources out of your system and needs to be balanced.

Good luck with the project pitch! Let us know how it turns out.

Yeah, it worked out great that I had a midweek checkup while all these things were coming up. I still get shocked when my body behaves in ways I don't expect it to, but that's happening all the time, of course!

And thanks! I will. I have my fingers crossed.

For God's sake, girl, eat! You need food.

Ahaha, I know, you think that after a year and a half of being told explicitly this, I would have it solidly in my head. But I forget, it's remarkable. :P

DAY 4-

Meditation: Complete. 4/42

Haha, it was an interesting session- I got a text right away from a friend, concerning a conversation the night before about having people over to my apartment for regular get-togethers (I had offered). I began to think about that, and what kind of snacks I would make, what wine I would serve, if people would enjoy themselves... I extended the thought to my new apartment in August and considered that... than BAM, my alarm goes off. I spent the whole time daydreaming, totally hijacked! Haha, tomorrow's a new try.

Stretching: Complete. 4/42

Not complete in the way I would have liked, but I did get a total of 15 min stretched through the day.

Training: Complete. 4/42

Listening to a Deeply Graphic Design podcast episode on the way to the airport on personal branding. Even when on the road, I won't let the travel get in the way of mah learnin's!

• Like 1

It may not have been meditation but it does sound pretty happy.

Consider how much progress you've made it that year and a half.  You noticed low energy levels, flagged it as a concern, mentioned it to others, asked your dietician, and it got sorted within what?  24 hours max? 

We appreciate and admire your dedication to learnins :-)

Haha, it was an interesting session- I got a text right away from a friend, concerning a conversation the night before about having people over to my apartment for regular get-togethers (I had offered). I began to think about that, and what kind of snacks I would make, what wine I would serve, if people would enjoy themselves... I extended the thought to my new apartment in August and considered that... than BAM, my alarm goes off. I spent the whole time daydreaming, totally hijacked! Haha, tomorrow's a new try.

It's funny how often that happens! Love your attitude about it :) And yes, I take the bus and the train. I just sit in a comfortable position and keep my spine as straight as possible and breathe. :)

It may not have been meditation but it does sound pretty happy.

Consider how much progress you've made it that year and a half. You noticed low energy levels, flagged it as a concern, mentioned it to others, asked your dietician, and it got sorted within what? 24 hours max?

We appreciate and admire your dedication to learnins :-)

Haha, thanks Teirin! <3 You are so awesome, always keeping things I perspective. Lots of learnin's being acted upon. :)

It's funny how often that happens! Love your attitude about it :) And yes, I take the bus and the train. I just sit in a comfortable position and keep my spine as straight as possible and breathe. :)

Cook! Yeah, I was thinking you must take public transport, I bet those are interesting environments for mindfulness. Also, way safer than meditating while driving a car. ;)

• Like 1

I think my tapatalk might be broken- I can't see all my replies, and I got lost an update. :( This is a place marker for day 5. Swear I'm updating (for the mini challenge record!)

Fantastic work on the updating Leonine!

Meditation; you have to be patient with yourself. Very patient....

Haha, thanks! I think that would be a good thing to meditate in for sure. ;)

• Like 1

DAY 6-

Second day of the con! Fortunately, since I'm awake early, I'm able to get some of y goals done before the day even really begins.

Stretching- Complete. 6/42 

I got up early and went to the hotel gym for a brief weight session and a nice, long stretch. After my stretching was done, I even played around with foam rolling, and a massage stick. They had all kinds of mobility equipment in there, it was great!

Meditating- Complete. 6/42

Sat in the dark in the hotel room again before everyone was awake. I swear, they're just going to think I'm some creepy child in the corner, watching them sleep. That's not what I'm doing, I swear!

Art Training- Complete. 6/42

I went to enough panels on art and design (in one form or another) to definitely count as a form of training for the day! Some great panels included Intellectual Currency in Creative Writing, and also (surprisingly great and informative) Alternative Japanese Fashion. My favorite panel, though, was a live character-drawing event with the Japanese character designers who worked on Sword Art Online and Magi. They were really great, and so sweet to answer all our questions!  :) I wish I spoke Japanese so that I could understand them without the translator.

DAY 7-

Stretching- Complete. 7/42

Stretching and foam rolling x2- I did a good stretch before my evening workout and afterwards as well. After all that movement, my body REALLY needed the foam rolling! It's a lot of fun to work out/train with someone than by myself; I haven't done that in years.

Meditation- Complete. 7/42

Another morning sitting. It was really easy to do in the quiet of the hotel room, but this time I was the only one there, later in the day. Still relaxing; I feel like my mind was really open to the idea of resting, during the craziness that is an anime convention.

Art Training- Incomplete. 6/42

Ah, I missed it. I was so busy over the course of the day, I forgot to carve out an hour. It's okay though, a day off every so often won't kill me; Happy Easter, and all. :P

However, I DID get to do some crazy assassin training! (Aka, Leo learns the basics on how to get ontop of and over stuff!) A friend of mine is an awesome parkour instructor, so I accompanied him to a local gym, where he played all over their massive obstacle courses and I practiced my vaulting. My shoulders haven't had a workout like that in ages! Anyways, as I said before, I only ever work out on my own (that includes yoga; I can't afford classes, I do it at home), so this was a wonderful change of pace.

• Like 2

LOVE your doodles. And your pokemon theme. (Though I went with Froakie in the new games :P)

Also I admire you for posting so regularly. Look forward to seeing your updates and any fun stretchy routines you discover in the quest for bendyness.

DAY 8-

A big, unapologetically touristy day- lots to see in Seattle! The con was over by this point, so we spent the day relaxing and doing blatant tourist things. We had breakfast at the first Starbucks, perused the Pike Street Market, rode the Monorail to the Space Needle, played in the International Fountain, and went to Uwajimaya in the International District. So fun, very tiring! All of my goals were met while traveling- 

Stretching- Complete. 8/42

Stretched in the airport before boarding. Man, did that feel good.

Meditation- Complete. 8/42

Got some sitting time on the plane, just being still while sitting up. At the Shambhala center, they also instruct us in chair meditation, so it was interesting to try.

Art Training- Complete. 7/42 

I listened to some design podcasts on the plane as well. I was so exhausted, I fell asleep during a couple of them! But now, I am home and in a comfy bed! Now, to avoid succumbing to the dreaded "con crud"... I won't get sick!

And, DAY 9-

Stretching- Complete. 9/42

Haha, double-dipped a bit on this one; I stretched while watching typography tutorials! I think typography will be a good thing to focus on for a moment, since I just got commissioned for a couple of logos. (Yay, extra income!) I'm super sore from parkour on Sunday, wowee.

Meditation- Complete. 9/42

Sat for 10 minutes right when I got up in the morning. It was something, waking up without two extra people in the bed. I rolled right onto the floor as sat; my mind was wandering a little bit, but I was so discombobulated that I don't remember what I was thinking about.

Art Training- Complete. 8/42

As I mentioned earlier, today was all about typography tutorials. I'll continue with them tomorrow, because I want to be fully confident in my typo knowledge before I start sketching ideas out; I don't want to have to fix things later! I've started getting better at planning for my training sessions; for example, tomorrow I know I'll need to cook after work, and before I meet a friend for a Pure Barre class and then happy hour. Which means, I'll be doing tutorials through lunch. But, I feel good knowing I have a time to devote to my goals, and I feel like I can stick to it!

So you went to a con and you missed one hour of art training and that's it?  EXCELLENT.  Sounds like you had a fantastic time and I hope you dodge the con crud.

• Like 1

Con crud: the ultimate test of a Druid's self-care skillz. Good luck!

Oh man yes, my healing skills are being tested for sure. If I make through this alive (all 5 of my roommates were sick), I should just become a Restoration Druid.

So you went to a con and you missed one hour of art training and that's it?  EXCELLENT.  Sounds like you had a fantastic time and I hope you dodge the con crud.

Haha, it sounds pretty good when you say it like that! Yeah, it was worth it for sure, really had an excellent time. I love cons, for work and for fun.

• Like 1