GUILD INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS (please subscribe!)

GUILD INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

Please subscribe to this thread by clicking the "Follow This Topic" button in the upper right hand corner of the page.

To participate in the 'Most Wanted Assassins', the 'Assassin Phonebook' and to make it a little easier on your GLs, please fill out this form:

https://docs.google....gc4MAQ/viewform

In addition to the informational threads, we will be posting Assassin-specific announcements here (e.g. mini-challenge missions, important threads, etc.) and by following this thread you will be notified when we post. Please note: These announcements cannot be found anywhere else on the forum.  The only way to stay updated on Assassin-specific happenings is to follow this thread.

THE GUILD

The Assassins' Guild has gone through a bit of a metamorphosis over the last several challenges.  While we do count several traceurs among our ranks, the majority of Assassins are not focused on parkour but other disciplines.  We do encourage, however, a mindset that we think we share with free runners - Assassins love movement and fluidity, they thrive off of competition and cooperation equally, they prize efficiency, but most of all they are determined to master their own bodyweight.

We train anywhere, with anything, and in a myriad of ways.  The world is our playground.

COMMON TRAINING STYLES / THEMES

• Calisthenics / Bodyweight (Al Kavadlo, Mike Fitch, BarStarzz)
  • Gymnastics (Gold Medal Bodies, Overcoming Gravity, Building the Gymnastic Body)
  • Hand-balancing
  • Movement / Flexibility / Mobility (Ido Portal, Animal Flow, Prasara, Mobility WOD)
  • Rock Climbing / Bouldering
  • "Odd" Object Lifting / Swinging (Kettlebells / Clubbells / Shovelglove / Sandbags / Challenge Ropes)
  • Wearing Black
  • Circus Arts (Pole, Trapeze, Contortion, Silks, Rope)
  • Parkour
  • Dance

COMMON CHALLENGE GOALS:

• Body Recomposition (lose weight, gain weight)
  • Increase Reps (pull-ups, push-ups, pistol squats)
  • Increase Hold Times (handstand, frog/crow stand, levers)
  • Wear More Black
  • Workout / Train / Climb X Times per Week
  • Increase Flexibility / Mobility

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

• How do I join the Assassins' Guild?
    When you signup for a six-week challenge, declare yourself an Assassin and then post your thread in our guild.  That's it!

• Do I have to be lean/in shape to be an Assassin?
    No.  While extra bodyweight does make our type of training more difficult, Assassins come in all shapes and sizes and anyone is welcome to don the black.

• How advanced in my training do I have to be to join?
    Assassin skill levels range from rank beginners to advanced trainees.

• Can I still earn attribute points with the new challenge setup?
    Most definitely!  Points remain the same.

Please remember to start your thread title with your username for easier viewing on phones and to make your GLs happy!

• Like 2

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

WonderWoman-rectangle1.jpg

We're always searching for new ambassadors and journalists to help the GLs and the existing team of journalists and ambassadors. Want to help out? Think that could be a fun job for you? 

Journalists:

What does a journalist do?

It's really simple! We have a spreadsheet containing all of the threads in the challenge. You put your name behind those that you are following, and if/when they have a great achievement, you put that on the spreadsheet, too! That's all there is to it - and with many journalists, it can be as easy as 5 minutes per week!  :)

If you wish to help out, please send a message to me (Apfelstrudi) and I'll set you up/answer your questions!

Ambassadors:

Ambassadors are extremely important to the guild because they take care of the Level 1 Rebels. They check on threads of those that would fit into our guild, give advice, cheer on and be a presence in their thread to help them pull through the first challenge and come to the assassins later! (Of course we'll still be nice should they choose other guilds... but we can always be there to convince them   ;) ). They invite them over to our forums to look at the assassins den, the phonebook and perhaps even threads of assassins with similar goals they have.

If you wish to help out or have questions about ambassador work, please send a message to Nuala! 

Inquirers:

Inquirers interview those in the guild that are great in their fields of workout, are doing something many are wanting to do, have had a great achievement, aaand so on and so on. You make up the questions, ask them via private message, and post the results for the rest of the guild to see.  :)

Thank you for your attention. Now rock on, Assassins! 

And because I'm feeling so generous and with the help of Vengefulpear, here's the first glance at the new edition of our Assassin Academy - also known as 6-week-long skill challenge!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46790-6-week-long-challenge-of-skill/

Come and find out what we're trying to achieve this challenge, and keep an eye out for the first weekly mini-challenge to figure out which enemy we're facing this time, and how we can prepare for it!

Mini Challenge #1: To Kill A Megatron!

The first mini-challenge for our six week long pistol-squat challenge is finally here!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/47145-mini-challenge-1-to-kill-a-megatron/

So take a wander over there to see why we have to transform ourselves into pistols ;)

Have fun :D 

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Mini Challenge #2: Assassins Roll Out!

The to continue with the theme of pistol squats for the Assassin's this week we're working on balance! After all, what good is being artillery if you can't aim! 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/47609-mini-challenge-2-assassins-roll-out/

So take a look-see to make yourself the best pistol you can manage :D

And FYI this challenge I'm going to only be pinning the current mini-challenge to the boards so that we don't have too many pinned topics cluttering up the forum. But there will be a link to the previous week's challenge in the current challenge's thread :)

Have fun  :D

• Like 2

Level 1

High Score:

Mini Challenge #3: The Secret Strength of Cybertron Steel!

Are you ready for another mini-challenge?! YES WE ARE! I can't hear you!? YES WE ARE! 

Good! Well obviously we're keeping up with the pistol squats and this week is all about strength! 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/47791-mini-challenge-3-the-secret-strength-of-cybertron-steel/

So take a look over there and this week's reward is special tranformer armour and a +1 STR!

Have fun :D 

• Like 1

Level 1

High Score:

You were waiting eagerly for it, it's finally here! The shiny summary of last challenge mini-challenge: The bridge! In one place, all the pictures, exercises and comments left by our Bendy mentor: Mad hatter!

finally_found_this_in_colour-98696.gif

Find the PDF here!

And you can find it too in the Assassin Phonebook, make sure to share it with anyone working on the bridges!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Mini Challenge #4: With the Power of Cybertron

The latest mini-challenge is here! I am very sorry that it's a bit late but hopefully you'll forgive me! This week is all about explosive power, which I'm sure you'll agree is useful when you're turning yourself into artillery! 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48070-mini-challenge-4-with-the-power-of-cybertron/

As well as the fancy Autobot technology you'll also grab yourself +1 STA for taking part in this mini-challenge. 

Good luck and have fun! :D

Level 1

High Score:

Mini Challenge #4: The Second Nature of Artillery

Wow this challenge has really flown by hasn't it?! 

It's already time for the fifth mini-challenge! Whaat!

So here it is! Take a look see and do the Autobots proud!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48232-mini-challenge-5-the-second-nature-of-artillery/

And just as an FYI i'll be unpinning week 4's thread, but there's a link to week 4 at the bottom of the newest mini-challenge :)

Level 1

High Score:

Mini Challenge #6: The Assassins Become Artillery to Save a Prime

Are you ready for the final showdown Assassins! Because it's here! DUN DUN DUN!

Grimlock has taken us to Megatron's hideout and it's up to us to help him defeat Megatron and save Optimus Prime! So check out the mini-challenge! 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48453-mini-challenge-6-the-assassins-become-artillery-to-save-a-prime/

Once again, just so you know, I shall be unpinning challenge 5 from the boards, but there is a link in mini challenge #6 so you can find it easily :D 

Let's go defeat some Decepticons! Woo! :D

Level 1

High Score: