• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

alienjenn

I AM alienjenn

Between seasonal depression and family anxieties and craziness and and and and and and I feel like I have lost myself. This challenge is going to be getting back to who I AM!

and who I am is Alienjenn

20140409_140442.jpg

I am positive -

Alienjenn is KNOWN for her positivity and her ability to find the silver lining… in fact she has said “my silver lining  it so big that I can’t see the cloud!â€... Alienjenn is able to remain calm and collected in every situation… in order to return to that frame of mind I will post three positive thoughts daily… here or facebook or NFA… part of this is I WILL NOT BEAT MYSELF UP… over anything…

1794724_10201788443087688_802048660_n.jp

picture050.jpg

I am energetic -

last challenge I had my doctor check some blood work… I have been having super fatigue lately… which COULD be related to issues with those blood levels… OR it could be related to suctastic sleep… in order to know for sure I will track sleep… EVERY night (or since I work nights… every scheduled sleep time)… using the tracking software on my fitbit… EVERY night I will take my natural calm every night for three weeks…. I am going to try to take a regular magnesium supplement (not natural calm because I don’t really like the taste… I KNOW it helps but I can’t stand it…) I want to see if the Mg supplement works as well as the natural calm…

1981930_10202042132349761_2100335670_n.j

I roll with the punches…

going to work on my forward roll…

2395386.jpg

I intend to work on it at least 2 times a week… on my stretches off I will work on it 3 times in 8 days…

I am a ranger -

Rangers cover a lotta miles… and I am training to do the apalachian trail in 2017… I am GOOD at covering the miles… but I am not consistent with it… also… I got this new puppy…  well we’ve had her since mid feb :) … she sleeps so much better for me during the day if I take her for a walk after work… my goal is to work up to walking her two miles a day by week 4… it’s no big deal for me to get ten or so miles on my day off… I NEED to get more consistent with this… I intend for at least a 1.5 mile actual concise walk… the rest of my “2 miles†can come from my steps (especially if it’s a crazy night at work) I will not beat myself up over this one! (this will consist of a 40 min walk after work and at least a one hour walk on off days… would like for 2 days a week to involve runs because I am training for a spartan in august!)

1560754_10201799534004954_1792622806_n.j

I am STRONG -

dudes and dudettes I have made such fabulous gains with my lifting and I feel so strong and I don’t wanna lose it… I will go to the gym twice weekly… ALTHOUGH I reserve the right to substitute a big hike for a gym visit :)

20131117_160741.jpg20140404_143516.jpg

side goals… these things SHOULD happen…

I NEED to get my house in order and clean and figure out my finances... I NEED to figure out a budget for saving if I intend to take 6 months off work for the AT in 2017... I NEED to do a lot of research... I NEED to write (and actually DO it!!!) sigh.... I just need to figure out what exactly I am doing...

TL;DR

I am positive - post three positive thoughts daily/ I WILL NOT BEAT MYSELF UP

I am energetic - track sleep/natural calm

I roll with the punches… going to work on my forward roll… at least 2 times a week…

I am a ranger - 40 min walk after work and at least a one hour walk on off days… would like for 2 days a week to involve runs

I am strong - lift twice a week

grading will be based on effort and not achievement – achievement will come with sufficient effort

• Like 5

Hey, from your description, I may be a ranger, if I can ever get my legs to work agAin!

Seriously, I'd do the AT if I want doing it alone. It's been one of my goals that I haven't told too many about.

If I didn't have a different name, I'd think we were twins!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey, from your description, I may be a ranger, if I can ever get my legs to work agAin!

Seriously, I'd do the AT if I want doing it alone. It's been one of my goals that I haven't told too many about.

If I didn't have a different name, I'd think we were twins!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

well.... one day we will hike together... if not on earth; then somewhere ;)

I love this! All of it! You're wonderful and these goals are fantastic and I love you!

awwwww shucks :) I love you too girl!!

• Like 2

Cheers! =]

Thanks ghost... I'll check for your thread later ;)

That sounds like a whole lot of walking! Your transformation is amazing and I'm sure you'll get back to the positive you in no time :)

Thanks Rebecca! I intend to get to the point where I walk about five miles a day... I figured two was a good place to start ;)

Whole lotta W00t goin' on!

subbed.

Heidi - I aim to please!

Great challenge, I love all your pictures and motivation.

Good luck with it. Forward rolls make me dizzy!

Sozzielou ;) me too just the thought of em... but if I'm going to be level 50 some day? I gotta get over that!

Definitely subbing girl! Look forward to seeing you rock this challenge too ;)

Guz my girl all I know is rock ;)

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 1

Subbed because you are made of awesome :D

Only because it rubbed off from all the awesome sound her ;)

I am super excited for your challenge!  I cannot wait to see how everything unfolds.  I know Ezra is going to be uber excited about her walks.  I am also so uber exited about you training for your trip through the AT.  Will you bring Ezra with you?  YAY! 

Love reading your threads AJ.     Love the plan you have here.  LOVE the focus on being positive and filling your ears with kind self-talk.   Love the goals and the simplicity.   Love the plans you have for your future.

Definitely along for the ride.

(Also looking into a Shenandoah NP trip this summer maybe.  How far is that from you?)

• Like 1

Starry I'm IN the Shenandoah valley... it's really really big though... where you looking at?

Beks so are you

• Like 1