Epic Side-challenge Thread

18ck

This time around, the side-challenge will be guest-DJed by a different scout each week using a rolling storyline.

Week 1 - @Terinatum

Week 2 - @Kailer

Week 3 - @Primeval

Week 4 - @Syren

Week 5 - @Blaidd

Week 6 - @Anathema

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

looking forward to it :D

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Awesome!

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

WEEK ONE --                           Into the Shell

You assumed you were dreaming, but... There's something that wants to come forward, to greet you. Something shifts. You find yourself in a dark cavernous stone room. The shadows are everywhere. You start to feel alone, but then recognize the energy and love that enters the room as you did. The shadowy figures stir gently, not wanting to disturb their own dreams.

"This is a time of change and modification. These aren't new times."

A voice penetrates your consciousness. It flows through your body. It is your body…

"Delve deep within me, deep enough that I may speak with you. I will offer a question. I will ask you to consider different approaches and beliefs about an aspect of your life. I am your source, your egg. Let me envelope you."

Crackling energy fills the darkness as once vague shadows turn clear and stark in the light. People. You are all standing watching your lightning source surround you. You stand in awe of yourself, knowing something so deep is being made available to you in the now. The trust of body and soul are in unison.

As the energy settles, it coalesces into an egg shell surrounding you entirely. You can trace your fingers along the inside curve of your shell. Delicate, but firm. The voice of your body lowers to an intimate whisper, sending vibrations of love throughout your mind. You listen intently, knowing magic is afoot.

"I want you to feel what it's like when you do things. When you run, can you feel me working for you? I can make my legs pump in a rhythm that suits your desire. I can step past the aisle of sugar and not let you sway in your commitment to me. I am with you always. I will do whatever I can to help you, help me."

The truth of your body is unmistakable. There is a passion inside you that ebbs and flows. In this time, your body desires the flow. The action of attention. Your heart beats faster in anticipation.

"If your mind goes too fast, let me slow it down with a hearty distraction. If you run me ragged, I can tell you to relax by tensing the muscles that you rely on each day. With that knowledge, the truth I send to you, you can change a piece of you, of us, that doesn't suit us.

I don't want a million, or even three. I want one egg. One part of us that we can focus on and learn to listen to. When we can hear each other, we can make great strides."

The room starts to vibrate with the thoughts of those gathered. The intensity rises to a pitch and the stone walls burst away, taking limitation and fear away. In this moment, you are utterly connected to your body, mind and soul.

Find the egg.

Describe the aspect of you that you want to work with. Explain it well to yourself and then share it with us.

example: do you cook at home, but not enjoy it much? Ask your body what would make cooking more enjoyable and worthy of the time you are putting into it.

example: do you lift the weight to lift more? Does your body want more control of the lift? What listening can you do when you deadlift?

Test the modification.

Try! Execute! Act! Adapt! Do it again! Let your body make suggestions. See what works and what doesn't.

Make it real, record it.

Let yourself feel, in words, what this testing did for you. Write it out, sing it, write a poem. Believe in the power of your body, your egg.

When you post your egg, you will get an egg. Each time you record an experience with it, your egg will be transformed. Now, hop to it. We need great eggs by the time the Bunnies make their rounds.

yours truly, Terinatum

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Right, well we're starting tomorrow so here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to have an intense burst of handstand practice. I will listen to my body when it says it wants to plummet to earth, and I will try and persuade it not to. I might look for some smaller easter eggs but this one massive one looks like it has all the metaphorical chocolate I need for now...

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

I want to work with my addictive/compulsive behavior. The creature inside me that's fine with no cookies, but once I have one it wants the whole bag. I have a great time at a party totally sober, but if I have one cocktail I want five. So, despite the fact that all the fitness wisdom says that moderation is better than deprivation, I need to know myself, and what I know is to build a nice thick shell around that compulsive critter where it can live for now. I'm imagining one of those sugar eggs you get as a kid that has the little window, and you look through it and see a whole little sugar world. And then I'll figure out what to feed it instead to make it a happy, healthy critter.

My body wants to be happy and free of guilt and junk food and booze. My plan is to be mindful, notice when cravings (whether for cookies, Cheetos, or vodka) appear, acknowledge them, and put them aside. Figure out what the feeling really is (I'm anxious, I'm lonely, I want to sleep), write it down, and write down what I did instead. Which could be a walk, a cup of tea, and apple . . . whatever feels like it will work in the moment.

• Like 3

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Right, well we're starting tomorrow so here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to have an intense burst of handstand practice. I will listen to my body when it says it wants to plummet to earth, and I will try and persuade it not to. I might look for some smaller easter eggs but this one massive one looks like it has all the metaphorical chocolate I need for now...

I really like this. Focused concentration is a great way to work with your body. I'm curious what kind of messages you might tell your body while your in the stand. All kinds of options come to mind. You can demand it, coax it, reassure it, bargain with it... Let us know how it goes, good luck!

sml_gallery_13464_1061_4124.jpg

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

I want to work with my addictive/compulsive behavior. The creature inside me that's fine with no cookies, but once I have one it wants the whole bag. I have a great time at a party totally sober, but if I have one cocktail I want five. So, despite the fact that all the fitness wisdom says that moderation is better than deprivation, I need to know myself, and what I know is to build a nice thick shell around that compulsive critter where it can live for now. I'm imagining one of those sugar eggs you get as a kid that has the little window, and you look through it and see a whole little sugar world. And then I'll figure out what to feed it instead to make it a happy, healthy critter.

My body wants to be happy and free of guilt and junk food and booze. My plan is to be mindful, notice when cravings (whether for cookies, Cheetos, or vodka) appear, acknowledge them, and put them aside. Figure out what the feeling really is (I'm anxious, I'm lonely, I want to sleep), write it down, and write down what I did instead. Which could be a walk, a cup of tea, and apple . . . whatever feels like it will work in the moment.

Big egg, but I think you have the right mind set so it should work quite well. It's the wall of our core protection. It has decades of learning and experience to rely on to decide (quite unconsciously) what to do in each situation. I'm hopeful that you'll find a language that you and your body can communicate with in order to reset some of those unconscious protections. Best of Luck.

gallery_13464_1061_1792.jpg

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

My challenge will be focused on movement. Most of my goals will be big complete motions (proper form, sets, cooking a meal), but before I can really accomplish those, I need to focus on the beginning of a movement. The decision to move. I have been in a nasty PTSD place and I'm coming out of it (I think). In order to climb up out of its grasp, I have to do things. As simple as eating, cleaning dirty laundry, enjoying something (like spring!). The gumption is so elusive to me at this point. It's hard to find the motivation, but even harder to initiate it and transform it from thought to action. So my Egg is to initiate action.

tn_gallery_13464_1061_38.jpg

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Hm, this is what I think I need. 

I will work with my eating binges. Sometimes, when I see some kind of a food, which I know isn't good for me...say Nutella. Or cookies. My mind will shut itself of, I will reach and it eat...sometimes I huge quantities, and then it is like I wake up half an hour later and realize what I've done. I will try to listen to my body when I see a temptation and ty to understand why I want it... do I crave something else? Maybe I need to find a substution for that? 

• Like 1

A Hobbit who wants to become an Elf - Scout - Level 3
STR: 2,75 | DEX: 4 | CON: 5,5 | STA: 2,5 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2,75
The journey of Tinessael 1

The journey of Tinessael 2

Tinessael's Challenge (ongoing)

I really like this. Focused concentration is a great way to work with your body. I'm curious what kind of messages you might tell your body while your in the stand. All kinds of options come to mind. You can demand it, coax it, reassure it, bargain with it... Let us know how it goes, good luck!

sml_gallery_13464_1061_4124.jpg

Well today I told it to stay up by magic but that didn't work. Then I went somewhere else and told it there was a wall behind it and it could relax and not worry about falling backwards. It told me that (a) it didn't like even being past 90 degrees because it felt a bit dizzymaking and also (B) that if my left arm was sufficiently fatigued i would still fall on my head. Both fair points. The narrative will resume tomorrow.

• Like 1

Find the egg.

Describe the aspect of you that you want to work with. Explain it well to yourself and then share it with us.

I want to work on how much I eat out at restaurants this week. It is expensive, it is usually unhealthy, and the lazy part of me loves it. There is a five point plan for achieving this:

1). Pack in the lunch!

2). Eat outside as often as possible to get out of the lab

3). There is a coffee and tea drawer in my office for a reason: the Library Star Bucks is out of bounds.

4). Remember to drink water throughout the day!

5). Continue to ignore the cookies!

Test the modification.

Testing starts Monday with breakfast!

Record it.

Spreadsheet!

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

I think my egg is going to be cooking...when I do it, I feel proud to have accomplished something and not weighed down by extra (bad for me) ingredients.  So I'm going to keep telling myself how proud I will be when I am finished.  Plus I already went grocery shopping for some things for this week, so I have a head start

• Like 1

Train so your heroes become your peers.

Hm, this is what I think I need. 

I will work with my eating binges. Sometimes, when I see some kind of a food, which I know isn't good for me...say Nutella. Or cookies. My mind will shut itself of, I will reach and it eat...sometimes I huge quantities, and then it is like I wake up half an hour later and realize what I've done. I will try to listen to my body when I see a temptation and ty to understand why I want it... do I crave something else? Maybe I need to find a substution for that? 

Mmm, what a brave egg to hatch. Food is such a mystery. For most of us, our cultures have used food for everything. Survival being the least celebrated aspect. So yeah for digging deeper. Let us join you in your search for connection. All our support is with you!

gallery_13464_1061_2013.jpg

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Find the egg.

I want to work on how much I eat out at restaurants this week. It is expensive, it is usually unhealthy, and the lazy part of me loves it. There is a five point plan for achieving this:

1). Pack in the lunch!

2). Eat outside as often as possible to get out of the lab

3). There is a coffee and tea drawer in my office for a reason: the Library Star Bucks is out of bounds.

4). Remember to drink water throughout the day!

5). Continue to ignore the cookies!

Test the modification.

Testing starts Monday with breakfast!

Record it.

Spreadsheet!

Wow, such an energy I get from you! I bet you can focus this excitement and find a way to play in unison with your body's desire for water and energetic foods. Let time roll by and count every talk with your egg as a victory. The more chats the closer you and your body will be. Now, go kick some ass!

gallery_13464_1061_943.jpg

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

I think my egg is going to be cooking...when I do it, I feel proud to have accomplished something and not weighed down by extra (bad for me) ingredients.  So I'm going to keep telling myself how proud I will be when I am finished.  Plus I already went grocery shopping for some things for this week, so I have a head start

Ah cooking. It's amazing how good you feel when you have nourished yourself. The pride is well-deserved. When you can make time and energy in your day to take care of yourself in such a pure way as cooking, you will feel the pride wash over you as your body says thank you! Grill something up!

gallery_13464_1061_1423.jpg

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

I think my egg is going to be saying "no". Especially on Tuesdays during the company softball game. Some of the others are rather bad influences... My body and mind are pretty clear that they don't really want to drink/smoke/stay out late but I keep doing it anyways. This time I'm going to listen to body and gut and not let myself get peer pressured.

• Like 1

Current Challenge | Food/Exercise Log

Level 3 - Hobbit Scout

STR:6.5 | DEX:3 | STA:5 | CON:8.5 | WIS:11 | CHA:3.5

Find the egg.
Time wasting is my biggest problem.  I will get home from a long heavy day at work (and mostly i've been to gym as well), i make dinner (occasionally do household chores) and then i plant myself on the couch and do absolutely nothing until bed time. The problem is that i have so much that needs doing in the evenings and just don't do it.

So my egg: Do it every damn day.

1. Make a list of things that need doing, allocate it to a day over the next 14 days (i've got a 14 day challenge that i start running on my battle log from today)

2. No resting until everything on the list for the day is complete

Test the modification.

Testing begins 14 April

Make it real, record it.

Will record it in my Daily Battle Log as well as final results here.

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

my egg is - joy.

because of my past, I have felt that it is wrong for me to have joy if anyone around me doesn't.

One joy I have is art.

when I 'art', there is a life force that wells up within me that bursts through and spashes all over canvases, watercolor paper, quilts and other stuff.

andthen, I feel guilty, and stuff it back in.

My challenge is to allow myself to JOY - and refuse the voices that say I don't deserve JOY - and the modification is to do ART every day. this is in my challenge, but, the JOY is the part that I found today.

I also write...and I am writin a blog this week about joy - and what it does to me, and why my 'egg' wants, and even NEEDS joy.

Today, as I wrote about joy, I also sketched about joy, and out of that joy, I was able to minister to someone that is struggling with joy.

I will post my experiment with joy tomorrow,and the next day, and the next, until joy is the norm...not the quest.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

my egg is - joy.

because of my past, I have felt that it is wrong for me to have joy if anyone around me doesn't.

One joy I have is art.

when I 'art', there is a life force that wells up within me that bursts through and spashes all over canvases, watercolor paper, quilts and other stuff.

andthen, I feel guilty, and stuff it back in.

My challenge is to allow myself to JOY - and refuse the voices that say I don't deserve JOY - and the modification is to do ART every day. this is in my challenge, but, the JOY is the part that I found today.

I also write...and I am writin a blog this week about joy - and what it does to me, and why my 'egg' wants, and even NEEDS joy.

Today, as I wrote about joy, I also sketched about joy, and out of that joy, I was able to minister to someone that is struggling with joy.

I will post my experiment with joy tomorrow,and the next day, and the next, until joy is the norm...not the quest.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

This is a great challenge. I love that you use joy and art as both nouns and verbs. Inspiring post!

• Like 1

Oh hey, didn't post a picture of my egg. Here it is. You wouldn't think my demons would be so cute, would you?

Started off well today . . . on my way to the gym, really wanted carbs. Thought about it, realized yes, I actually am hungry, and a handful of saltines may not be the perfect pre-workout fuel, but it's not bad either (can't get to the grocery store 'til tomorrow, so choices are limited). Now I'm hungry again, but lunch isn't that far off. Gonna have a cup of tea, realize that really, being a little hungry never killed anyone.

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Can we have some more dudes in here please? I am dying to refer to us as "The Eggs Men"

• Like 1

I think my egg is going to be saying "no". Especially on Tuesdays during the company softball game. Some of the others are rather bad influences... My body and mind are pretty clear that they don't really want to drink/smoke/stay out late but I keep doing it anyways. This time I'm going to listen to body and gut and not let myself get peer pressured.

No is so powerful, it often gets piled up in the negative remarks, but it's not. When our guts get to buzzing and our air comes with a greater effort, it's time to use our body's signals. One of the bigger messages is to say no to things you no longer want. It's a big egg certainly. Take your time and make sure to observe your body, its desires and your reactions and feelings. The pressure to satisfy ourselves (body included) will replace peer pressure. New actions, new habits, happier body!

gallery_13464_1061_1742.jpg

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines