Ãœberleben in the Apocalypse. [Prologue]

Just checking in, how are things?

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]

Crazy hectic is how they're going!  It's been a whirlwind few days!

I'm just about to go make some dinner (tonight we're having bacon stuffed chicken breasts, nom).  Updates will follow the minute I have more than 30 seconds of breathing space!

• Like 3

“Freedom is what we do with what is done to us.†~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Back on form next challenge

Crazy hectic is how they're going!  It's been a whirlwind few days!

I'm just about to go make some dinner (tonight we're having bacon stuffed chicken breasts, nom).  Updates will follow the minute I have more than 30 seconds of breathing space!

Bacon in chicken? Wow. There's an award for Best Use of Meat, right?

• Like 1

Jothra

i | ii | iii | iv | v | vi | vii | viii

Bacon in chicken? Wow. There's an award for Best Use of Meat, right?

There should be!  We fried up some mushrooms and put some spinach and mushrooms in there too.  It was stupid delicious.  Venison tonight, not sure what I'm going to do with it yet!

I once had chicken stuffed with haggis wrapped in bacon. God bless Scotland.

Not a fan of haggis, but sounds good! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I'm not going to do a full recap for last week, I'll cover this week and last week next Monday when I have some breathing space.  It's a hectic week!

I'm keeping things moving along slowly but surely.  Recently I've been stepping away from the internet a lot.  I have a serious problem when it comes to the internet.  If I don't have something important to do, my laptop is practically glued to me.  It's not exactly healthy!

Recently I've been eating breakfast.  This is a pretty impressive thing for me, I've actively neglected breakfast for about 10 years.  We all know how bad that fun fact is.  So this shopping trip we got two big bags of fruit muesli, and I grab a bowl after I wake up.  Getting there!

• Like 4

Slow and steady wins the race.

When it comes to getting healthy any progress is good progress and your doing great so far so just keep doing what you'r doing.

• Like 1

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

There should be!  We fried up some mushrooms and put some spinach and mushrooms in there too.  It was stupid delicious.  Venison tonight, not sure what I'm going to do with it yet!

[...]

Not a fan of haggis, but sounds good! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll have your finest food stuffed with your second-finest food."

"Yes sir. Lobster stuffed with tacos."

Recently I've been eating breakfast.  This is a pretty impressive thing for me, I've actively neglected breakfast for about 10 years.  We all know how bad that fun fact is.  So this shopping trip we got two big bags of fruit muesli, and I grab a bowl after I wake up.  Getting there!

I'm not normally a breakfast person, but the bowl of Golden Grahams really hit the spot this morning. Go figure.

Jothra

i | ii | iii | iv | v | vi | vii | viii

Slow and steady wins the race.

When it comes to getting healthy any progress is good progress and your doing great so far so just keep doing what you'r doing.

^^^^ this. It's about changing your life, not your week or month. If you keep going, you WILL get there. No matter how long it takes, just don't stop and don't give up. Hectic weeks happen, internet addictions happen, crappy food happens...I think you are doing GREAT for a first challenge :) 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I'm keeping things moving along slowly but surely.  Recently I've been stepping away from the internet a lot.  I have a serious problem when it comes to the internet.  If I don't have something important to do, my laptop is practically glued to me.  It's not exactly healthy!

I've been trying to back off of my internet time too. I spend way too much time sitting in my office when I'm NOT working and that's ridiculous. 

Glad you are eating more. Funnily enough I've given up breakfast (I'm doing intermittent fasting) because I got tired of trying to force it down. My appetite is back which is happy news and skipping breakfast in favor of fuller meals later seems to be jiving well with me. 

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Respawn. | #1 | Current Challenge.

It's week three four, hope you're off to a good start!  (And if not, it's still only Tuesday - PLENTY of time to turn it around!)

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]

Haha, just read your start post..... This is one of the reasons I started to want to get fit!

Zombie apocalypse, Hunger games or my other dystopian fandomes :D

You have a very solid plan, I like that a lot :)

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

So much work going on!  Seriously, I don't know how I still have legs, they should have fallen off by now.

The last two weeks I've been superbly lax in actually making posts.  Which is terrible of me, but something I knew would happen if I got busy, so I'm not sweating it too much.

I just got in from hanging another load of laundry on the line.  In a few minutes I have to go start dinner (Today is herb rubbed pork chops and a mountain of salad, the weather is absolutely lovely) and the whole world is crazy.

I've passed on every with top grades the last two weeks, routine kicked back in when I got busy and settled down nicely enough.  Plus I got to spend some time outside today, which was gloooorious.  I miss the outdoors a lot, I don't spend enough time out there.

The plan this summer now is to get these gardens of mine cleared out.  Ideally I want to rip up all of the grass and replant it.  Hopefully I've got the cash lying around by the time we get there!

• Like 3

Wuuuhuu! Congratz to the top grades!

And that even while running away from zombies! Great job!

Excuse my question, but what's wrong with the grass so you feel the need to replant it?

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

No need to excuse! :)

It's more weeds than grass now is the big problem.  It's not grass the way we think of grass.  More a few tufts of the stuff wrapped around giant leafy weedplants.  So I want it replacing! :)

• Like 1

Awww your garden is a wildlife paradise! Nature doesn't know weeds :)

If you remove it, take a picture beforehand so you can imagine to go to a wild grassland on your escape from the zombies. And for mind traveling :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Would you seed, or go all-out with sod? I know which one's cheaper, but laying sod sure feels satisfying.

In an ideal world, I would gravel the whole lot.  I need to talk to my landlords to see if I'm allowed to though, and gravel just isn't cheap, so I'm most likely to seed it. 

Awww your garden is a wildlife paradise! Nature doesn't know weeds :)

If you remove it, take a picture beforehand so you can imagine to go to a wild grassland on your escape from the zombies. And for mind traveling :)

I wouldn't mind the weeds if it wasn't part of my house.  I have a compulsive need for neatness and order when it's my house, because I'm weird like that.

I wouldn't mind the weeds if it wasn't part of my house. I have a compulsive need for neatness and order when it's my house, because I'm weird like that.

I am the same way with MY things. They have to be neat and tidy!

~Sent from what seemed like a normal sized phone when I bought it...Expect funny words/spelling due to big fingers on a little phone.~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Stats: (
About Me)
Start Weight: 279.6    Current Weight: 270.1    Goal Weight: 220.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge History: Lvl 1 Rebel, PvP, Lvl 2 Warrior, Lvl 3 Warrior

Today was a great day.  A GREAT DAY!

I'm slacking on the update, because I don't have a massive amount of time before I need to start dinner (omelettes and wedges tonight, omnomnomnomnom!)

Today I decided I was tired of going as far as I thought I could, and I decided to meet the lodger at the bus stop, which is a good 30 mins walk for me at a regular pace (a.k.a stupid slow).  Open the door, it's raining. 

Now when I say raining I don't mean a light drizzle, I mean it's literally pouring water from the skies.  I love the rain, I love to walk in the rain.  Immediately I shucked off my jacket and headed out.  I was drenched before I even got there, when I realized I overestimated how long it would take me to get there.  Cue half an hour standing in the rain grinning inanely while people looked at me strange.

My lodger gets off the bus, and I decide to let her set the pace, which is a decent amount faster than mine but not obscene.  It took us 15-20 minutes to walk back still, but I 20 second beserker-ed the entire route, and I made it home without having to stop and catch my breath/stretch my spine ONCE.  The exhilaration in the air is strong tonight!

So now I'm going to do that 5 nights a week.  I seriously enjoyed pushing myself that hard.  And the raaaaaain.  I didn't realize how much I missed being in tune with nature until that exact moment when I stepped outside.  My soul is satiated and purring in a corner right now.

Holy wall of text batman!

• Like 4

Glorious sunshine day today, so of course another long walk was in order.  I didn't meet the lodger tonight because she's got stuff doin', but I walked the block.  The larger of the two blocks.  Got my heart rate up nicely and bust into a good sweat.  Just under 20 minutes, which isn't bad at all for pushing myself decently hard.  I walk painfully slow, people 5ft tall have to slow down to keep up with me since the accident.  So it's going smoothly.

• Like 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines