Mini-Quests: Six Weeks to Defeat the Empire

Hiraedd

Two questions... one, can we edit the spreadsheet?  (it's not letting me) and two, "The Walk" app only displays the number of steps, so miles is kinda out of the question :( so are steps okay?

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Two questions... one, can we edit the spreadsheet?  (it's not letting me) and two, "The Walk" app only displays the number of steps, so miles is kinda out of the question :( so are steps okay?

If not, the way to work out mileage (or kilometer-age if that is a thing) is to measure your stride length, which I believe is taken from the top of your toe and you step forward until the same foot touches down again and measure to that heel.  Then times that by the steps you took?  Obviously it is approximate, but it gives a good idea.

M x

• Like 1

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

While these apps sound like fun, I'm already using a Basis Band to track my walking. Any reason not to go on using it? And when do i start the count? 7137 steps so far today, which I'm dividing by 2254 for a miles estimate. (Unlike my much loved - and unfortunately lost -  Fitbit, the Basis only reports steps.)

Level 6 Dark Elf Ranger

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 16 | CON 10 | WIS 13 | CHA 6

Current Challenge  Battle Log   Past: 5 4 3 2 1 0.1

Um. I won't have a working phone for 2 weeks. I can use it with wi-fi, but that won't help me on my walks. It won't track me. So I can only estimate my distance and I won't be able to use it with those apps. Plus, it looks like many of those on the list are incompatible with my phone. Does this just count me out from being able to participate?

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

/ STR 1 / DEX 1.75 / STA 2 / CON 5 / WIS 4 / CHA 2 /

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

so how about that second mini challenge huh?

Worgen Adventurer STR - 4  DEX - 1 STA - 1 CON - 3 WIS - 4 CHA - 5

“Roland could not understand why anyone would want cocaine or any other illegal drug, for that matter, in a world where such a powerful one as sugar was so plentiful and cheap.†—  Stephen King, The Drawing of the Three

I was using runkeeper previously, decided to snag The Walk, did use it yesterday... though I might see about running the two in tandem and see if that works. Not entirely enthused by The Walk (loving the story stuff, just not sure how I feel about it just being a pedometer). So we'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

mmmm...let me fix that.  You should be able to edit, problem just a button i forgot to press.

While these apps sound like fun, I'm already using a Basis Band to track my walking. Any reason not to go on using it? And when do i start the count? 7137 steps so far today, which I'm dividing by 2254 for a miles estimate. (Unlike my much loved - and unfortunately lost -  Fitbit, the Basis only reports steps.)

sure use that app.  We just wanted people to use something fun to add a little excitement to something some of us don't really like :)

so how about that second mini challenge huh?

We're going with a new format and all challenges will be posted in this thread.  Here's the link.

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Erm, can we have multiple entries?  I use a few different apps and do both walking and running (haha - slooooww running counts, right?).

Or would we just add the mileage every day?

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

I did my walk with just runkeeper today...I like how it ties into fitocracy, also I opened up "The Walk" and couldn't find a way to figure out what I did yesterday, and that made me grumpy so I just shut it down. 80P. I'll probably boot it up again anyway now that I've finished my walk, I know that "The Walk" was inaccurate anyway, because it tracked about 11+ minutes of walking where I wasn't (I was at my desk or driving).

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

Can I use Endomondo for this one since I'm using it already?

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

Ok, I use a FitBit, it isn't on the list, but I plan to keep on using it. Zombies, Run! is fun and all, but i don't get the miles on it on the evil hillclimb machine at the gym.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73

You're welcome to use any app you want, we just want you to have a little fun and those were the apps that were mentioned that sounded fun.

Downloaded Cruise CTRL.   I do so little running this may be a wasted effort, but what the heck why not give it a shot.

tonight's run was a new personal best.

57 minutes 29 seconds.  5K certified course.

Nicely done.

Erm, can we have multiple entries?  I use a few different apps and do both walking and running (haha - slooooww running counts, right?).

Or would we just add the mileage every day?

M x

maybe just list all the apps you use and then use the accumulated mileage daily

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

On "The Walk" - how do you see your # of steps? 

Look for a clock looking icon at the top right of the screen?  It shows you minutes and steps for the episode and the day.

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

Can't update the spreadsheet? Am I doing something wrong?

NM, went in via IE...went back in with Safari and no problems.

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

How does one track steps / distance with The Walk? Is it possible and I'm just missing it?

Check out the post above you. :)

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Haha - did I ninja in!?  Cool!

To get the distance from the steps, measure your stride length and times it by the amount of steps.

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines