Mini-Quests: Six Weeks to Defeat the Empire

Hiraedd

Ok, so I was Brave Monday night actually - will that count for week 5?

I had a conversation with both my parents asking them how they came to the point after 30 years of marriage that they are now seperating. I had known they were having marital difficulties since February. I introduced EFT couples therapy to them and they are now looking for an EFT trained therapist...here's hoping!

sent from my phone, please excuse any typos

• Like 4

Saeth - Were-Cat (Ailuranthrope) Adventurer - Level 2

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 1 / CON - 2 / WIS - 3 / CHA - 4

Challenges Accepted - Rebel; Adventurer

Accountabilibuddy - EvillePanda

MyFitnessPal

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.†
― George Bernard Shaw

I have a question. On Thursday I did something very new and pretty scary. Can that count for the challenge?

Ok, so I was Brave Monday night actually - will that count for week 5?

I had a conversation with both my parents asking them how they came to the point after 30 years of marriage that they are now seperating. I had known they were having marital difficulties since February. I introduced EFT couples therapy to them and they are now looking for an EFT trained therapist...here's hoping!

sent from my phone, please excuse any typos

This isn't my mini, but as far as I can tell....if you CHOSE to be brave and step out of your comfort zone in the last week I would count it.  Unless, of course, you could do another brave thing this week and enjoy the extra boost you just gave to your life :)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Heeeelp!

I need some ideas for this weeks challenge.

What is everyone else doing?

I don't have any unsaid conversations.  My brain farts out whatever enters.

And I am finding it hard to think of something new that I want to try that I can do within a few days...

M x

• Like 1

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

Heeeelp!

I need some ideas for this weeks challenge.

What is everyone else doing?

And I am finding it hard to think of something new that I want to try that I can do within a few days...

M x

I'm pretty clueless what to do for this mini, too. :(

I was brave right before this challenge started, because I signed up for (and actually went to!) a beginner's kettlebell workshop.

I had been pretty terrified that it would be a total disaster (with me being clumsy, pretty weak and with no stamina to speak of). It turned out to be a lot of fun, though, and I'm really glad I did it. :)

But I'm pretty sure actually going there used up all the bravery I had... :lol:

As for hard conversations? Ummm. Nothing I can think of right now.

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

So far, I haven't posted any photos of me...

I hate photos of me, and hate having them 'out there'.

*sighs*

Can't think of anything else though.  So that might have to be the last resort.

M x

Xanjra - Level 3 - Human

STR - 1 / DEX - 1 / STA - 8 / CON - 9 / WIS - 6 / CHA - 4

Challenge - 1 (Rebel) Challenge - 2 (Adventurer) Challenge - 3 (Adventurer)

Spoiler

Battle Log 2014

UK Support Group

Long Term Goals Support

'Rule #1 - Cardio.  Zombies lead a very active life style; so should you.'  Zombieland.

Me too haha. Maybe this week I could try to NOT let my brain fart out words. That would be something I have never done before.  :rapture: I can probably do better than that though if I give it some thought. This is a great mini challenge. 

• Like 1

It's the hyperman set

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I was going to get the bike in the garage fixed and take a bike ride - something I haven't done since childhood, but it turns out the bike has to be sent away and I won't get a repair quote until mid next week.

So, I decided I'm going to learn to sew. I was given a sewing machine a few years ago and I've never used it, havent even opened te box. Today I drafted out a pattern for an apron, cut out and pinned the pieces. Tomorrow I will use the power of YouTube to hopefully set up the machine in some type of working order and sew it up. Well, that's the plan anyway.

• Like 3

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

Mini Quest 6: Climb Out

Boba Fett is famous for being the bounty hunter that caught Han and took him to Jabba.  His life was going really well until Fett got knocked off a skimmer and into the mouth of a sarlacc.

What a downer, right?  But what the movie doesn’t really detail there is that Boba Fett climbs out!  Faced with insurmountable odds he doesn’t just resign himself to death.  Nope, Boba Fett is made of stronger material than that.  He was determined.

We want you to be determined.  Maybe you’ve had a great challenge.  In that case, finish well, and bring as many others with you as you can.  Maybe you’ve had a rough challenge.  In that case, pull up your bootstraps and put in the best week you have put in all challenge.  Maybe, like Fett, it was going great and then it all blew up in your face.  Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time.

i-knew-boba-fett-survived_o_2641487.jpg

Here’s what climbing out looks like:

1) Unlike Fett, we don’t do this alone.  Is there anyone you reached out to at the beginning of the challenge?  Reach out to them again.  All of them.  Encourage them for this last week push. (if you haven’t reached out to anyone all challenge, reach out!  Find 5 people’s threads to comment on who need some encouragement)

2) Put in your best effort.  No slacking this week.  No excuses.  No “but I already failed at this goalâ€.  Pull out all the stops.  Climb up the slippery slope.

3) Evaluate.  Look back at your challenge and see what worked and what didn’t work for you.  List some reasons why.  Go back to the pre-quest and review those questions with the weight of your experience behind them and see what changes you could have made to your goals or to their execution, grading, or structure.  This will make you better in the long run.

For completing ALL 3 of these items you may take your choice of: 1 CHA or 1 STA, or 1 WIS.  (If you’re the sort of person who likes partial points or wants to round out your stat numbers to whole numbers, you can take half of two of those, or a third of all three if you like.)

EDIT: some of you may be wondering what that means for mini 5. Because it was posted late, you can still complete it and collect points from Mini 5 until Tuesday at Midnight  :)

• Like 2

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

So, I've already pumped it up this week, doing three sets of ten where nine was called for. I think I will go from seven to ten on Friday's workout as well. This was a good challenge for me: there was no way to cheat myself, I had to admit my shortcomings in form (which is improving), and there were definite results. I am up ten consecutive push-ups from where I started, which I never thought I'd be. Taking +1 CHA

Off to spread my cheer!

Edit: Did check in on my two buddies that are still working the challenges and got to cheer on some level 1 guys! Let's make this the best week six ever!

• Like 2

Jerem The Great

Level 0 Satyr. Warrior at heart, training with the Recruits
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0 

Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time.

I like this line a lot, can I nick it for my signature?

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

I walked more miles this week than I have any of the weeks in any of the challenges. I surpassed my goal mileage. I also recontacted my accountabilibuddy group. And I examined what I did and what I didn't do. I have a much better idea of what my limits are. I definitely getting that 1 WIS.

Thanks for these mini-challenges. I enjoyed them immensely.

• Like 3

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines