• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sunmage

Druids Beach lodge

ymL47AR.jpg

cBa4kH0.jpg

Where is everyone's favorite beach?  These images are from Hatteras Island of North Carolina - I am lucky enough to be able to live there 1-2 months of the year, and it's what I consider "home."  One main highway on/off the island (second picture), surrounded by the sound and ocean.  Can't get any better than that as a water-sign Druid.

• Like 1

I have no idea yet.

But yours comes close!

I was on a canarian island recently. The volcano was awesome. The beach was cool, but we didn't make it to the great beaches...

What is the best time to live on that beach?

I have no idea yet.

But yours comes close!

I was on a canarian island recently. The volcano was awesome. The beach was cool, but we didn't make it to the great beaches...

What is the best time to live on that beach?

If always is a valid answer, I pick that!  Well, in the winters they can get snow (rare, but it happens), but the "off season" is september-march.  In september and october it's still warm enough you can go into the ocean and the sound, but without the amount of people on the island.  The island is a part of the "Outer Banks" which is a huge tourist/vacationer spot.  I like going down right after Christmas, for New Year's, because it's mostly the locals, and only the local coffee shops, gift stores, and fishing stores are open.

Eventually I'll live there fulltime.  Houses can be rent for cheap for a week (~300-400 in off season, for a 2-3br), so if anyone is looking for an awesome spot to go away to with friends or family near a beach, I recommend it.  It's consistently rated one of America's top beaches, too (by Forbes, Dr. Beach, Travel Channel, etc) :)

Hmmmm.....my favorite beach? I'd say the one I live near. I live 6 miles from the beach, year round. 

Here is how it looked on Saturday when we went: 
Bradenton_Beach_FL_Regina_site02.jpg

The best time to live at a beach...is May and September because all the snowbirds (people who come visit for the winter and clog up the Island) are gone, and the businesses are mostly empty, the beaches are empty, and its still nice enough to want to be at the beach. 

I am very much loving the early morning yoga and walks and sandcastle building :love_heart: 

• Like 1

Sandcastle? Nah.  Heading for the hills in search of pineapples and coconuts.  Such as will go well with this cask of rum I (ahem) found floating in the bay... no, those aren't Royal Navy quartermaster marks, why do you ask?

• Like 1

Ah, thank you Eve.  Roll up, roll up for your mixed tropical rum drinks! All for the low low price of...

free!

Gratuities in the form of good jokes are always accepted, of course.

uhm are bad jokes ok too? Im not all that funny! lol

Hey, the quality of a joke is in the 'oy!' of the beholder...  Lay one on me, and help yourself to a mai tai.

What do you call a patronizing criminal going down the stairs?