A new adventure for Claire

Hello. My name is Claire and I am an Underpants Gnome, hoping this challenge can help me find my way between A and Z!!

MAIN QUEST:
Get fitter/leaner/stronger

Goals:
1) Some form of workout 3x/wk
2) Walk during lunch break 3x/wk
3) Eat 80% ( or 16/20 meals) every week

LIFE QUEST:
Draw, write, or create something every week.

Motivation:
THIS is NOT (I will not let this be) the best version of me!!!

For my own benefit, the scoring system will be as follows:
Every time I work out, I get one point (18 for goal)
Every time I got for a walk on break, I get one point (18 for goal)
Every time eat a paleo meal, I will award myself .2 points (19.2)
Every time I get creative, I get one point (6 for goal)

61.2 ( let's just say 60) points possible.

Still working on what I will consider pass/fail/leveling and I still need to get measurements and photos up by the 14th.

Edited to add life quest and reword motivation :)

• Like 2

LEVEL 0 REBEL

STR:0 DEX:0 STA:0 CON:0 WIS:0 CHA:0

-----

Personal Stats

Female, 29, 5'5", 135 lbs

Waist:33 Hips:37.5 Bust:36 Thigh:21.5 Bicep:11

-----

My First Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46662-a-new-adventure-for-claire/#entry976479

So is the workout vague on purpose so you can choose whatever you feel like that day? Or did you want some ideas?

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/01/09/the-star-wars-workout-jedi-training-101/

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/12/20/the-20-minute-hotel-workout/

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/03/10/angry-birds-workout-plan/

For rewards, clothes that are a size smaller are great motivation and healthier than a 'cheat meal' or something.  Good luck and have fun :)

Vague due to desiring variety. I'll be doing the BBWW some days, doing primal sprints on others, doing a "playground" workout when I take my kids out.

I aleady have a pair of jeans that I bought, knowing they were just {that much} too small. I don't know if 6 weeks is enough to get into them, but only time will tell :)

LEVEL 0 REBEL

-----

Personal Stats

-----

My First Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46662-a-new-adventure-for-claire/#entry976479

P.S. I really don't do "cheat meals". Really aiming for an 80% on my paleo eating! I've been working up to about a 60-70% adherence over the past few weeks, but I find myself quite frequently justifying a "carb load" before an overtime shift at work, or having little nibbles and not really counting them as non-paleo because its such a small quantity. But we all know you add 1+1 long enough and you'll have more than you know!! :-S

LEVEL 0 REBEL

-----

Personal Stats

-----

Day one update:

-To work for 6, coffee as I head out the door.

-Breakfast at 8 break. Scrambled eggs with bell peppers and a little bit of high-quality cheese.

-Salad (cauliflower, brocolli, cucumber, bell pepper and mushroom with vinaigrette) at 10.

-Walk during lunch. Picked a hilly route; legs were feeling it!

-Dinner was a chicken thigh, some more salad and almost a whole yam. Damn, I love me the yams!!!

Feeling good about today's choices. I had a major poor-choice-fest yesterday, and my body is paying for it today with some nasty gastrointestinal distress! If my hubby doesn't divorce me by tomorrow morning for what he's having to put up with, I'll consider myself lucky ;)

ETA: just noticed my note about not doing cheat meals... Ya, instead I do a whole day and pay for it horribly!! Luckily, it is anything but often!!

• Like 2

LEVEL 0 REBEL

-----

Personal Stats

-----

Day 2:

-Coffee... Which was my "not giving this up" thing and now I'm thinking maybe I will... Not feeling so great about the sugar consumption at 5:00 am everyday; I like my coffee sweet okay ;)

- 10: Two chicken thighs

- 12: Individual Greek yogurt, a handful of almonds/cranberries

-Dinner: Pizza (1:4 non-paleo meal allotment) and salad.

Still not feeling up to snuff today :(

Over course of day I did 2x1 pull ups (using the stall in the women's washroom at work... NO EXCUSES not to exercise, so if the mood strikes me, I've decided to just DO IT!!), played tag with my daughter on the way to the grocery store (NO EXCUSES) and 10 BW squats.

• Like 1

LEVEL 0 REBEL

-----

Personal Stats

-----

Got a little boost. Did 10 more squats, 3 regular pushups, 5 bent knee push ups, about 10 jump squats and 10 calf raises- all with my biggest little person copying (she's nine)!

Totally counting this as a workout ;)

Also, cooked a squash specifically for eating tomorrow at work!

• Like 2

LEVEL 0 REBEL

-----

Personal Stats

-----

Day 3

-Coffee... but tried with 1/2 the sugar. Not loving it. Got myself some loose leaf "detox" tea, so going to see how that works in the mornings!!

-Yogurt, handful of nuts/dried cranberries, a small piece of pork loin and an apple while at work.

-Big helping and 2 sausages as soon as I got home (late lunch). Knew this was coming: I forgot the squash I specifically made for my lunch!! Go figure. I officially LOVE ACORN SQUASH as much as yams... And like I said before, DAMN, I LIKE ME SOME YAMS!!!

-Dinner pork loin, squash, a couple squares of dark chocolate. 

Feeling less than stellar mentally today- BIG stress at work that made me want to run away and eat junk food and drink ice caps and scream terrible things at people. BUT I DIDN'T. Booyah, got some extra CON points right there!!!

Pulled something in my ankle, right at the front and down the top of my foot, while exercising yesterday :( Couldn't even push the blankets around in bed, it hurt so bad, and walking was NOT comfortable. -WIS for not knowing my limits!! (Can't win them all, now can I?!) Needless to say, NO leg work today, but I'm going to bust out the dumbbells and do some rows :)

• Like 1

LEVEL 0 REBEL

-----

Personal Stats

-----

Howdy Claire!  I am no way shape or form eating Paleo, but I understand the no sugar in the coffee thing.  I used to buy that damnable Coffee-mate Creamer.  I couldn't drink coffee without it.  I knew I was consuming waaaaay too much sugar in the form of creamer, but it was oh so good.  The water where I was staying was over chlorinated and tasted like I ran pool water through the coffee maker.  YUCK!  I finally just stopped buying the junk and it took a while but I now drink my coffee black.  Now I just need to cut the amount of consumption to much less than a pot a day.  :redface:

I am loving the pull-ups at work!  That is uber awesome!  Keep up the fantabulous work!

• Like 1

@ sjr243- OH, coffee mate creamer... the butter toffee one... or the french vanilla one... MMMMM ;) The thing is, is if I make good coffee at home, I can drink it with a lot less sugar, but work has really really bad swamp water coffee, and it needs a very big helping hand!!! I have switched from the regular white crap to organic, single process, fair trade sugar from Level Ground. It's so damn expensive ($7/kg... or about $3.50/lb), it forces me to use less  :tongue:

@Feowyn- Thanks :) Feeling better today, but not 100%; will be taking my daughters for a nice, casual walk tomorrow and just not doing anything too strenuous for a few more days.

Not writing about food today, I didn't do horrible, or anything, but I'm working through some food issues.... :(

Big weekend for our family with Easter and all: the father-in-law is coming with his wife, Easter and a date!!! Oh, I just haven't been on one of those in... a month?? Six weeks?? Ya... it's been that long!! 

Exercise wise... 2 pull ups in the women's washroom again!! WHAT??!! Instead of 2X1, I did 1X2!!! (That's the way I write, that, right??? Sets, then reps?!) I am SO freaking excited about that :-D Six months ago a pull up was a pipe dream for me!! Booyah!! (Oy, I need a new positive affirmation word!)

• Like 2

LEVEL 0 REBEL

-----

Personal Stats

-----

Booyah is perfectly acceptable affirmation word. ;-)

Great job with the pull ups! I would be super duper excited too!  I can't even do one.. but I can do a chin up...  Booyah!

Booyah, indeed. It always starts with just one... At least our just one is a GOOD one :D

I started with chin ups. Over the past year, I've worked myself up to a being able to do a couple of those. I didn't even realize there was a difference until I got on NF ;) I'm hoping by the end of this challenge, I'll be able to do a few more of each on the doorway bar I have :) 

LEVEL 0 REBEL

-----

Personal Stats

-----

Exercise wise... 2 pull ups in the women's washroom again!! WHAT??!! Instead of 2X1, I did 1X2!!! (That's the way I write, that, right??? Sets, then reps?!) I am SO freaking excited about that :-D Six months ago a pull up was a pipe dream for me!! Booyah!! (Oy, I need a new positive affirmation word!)

This is an awesome breakthrough!  2 pull ups is a HUGE accomplishment.  I'm looking forward to seeing what other awesome is waiting to show up in your thread in the next few weeks  :D

Hi Claire, just stopping by to say I think you're doing great!  A lot of the underpants I've collected say that pull-ups are a great fitness indicator.  I know you're pushing your limits and that's as it should be- but never forget that right now- YOU ARE AWESOME!  Even when you have a bad day-your awesomness can only increase.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Level 2 Satyr Adventurer

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 2

That's awesome pull ups in the wash room, that's how it's done getting a workout where you can💪. Some times I try do some push ups your dips at my desk at work and people look at me with the crazy eye. This is what they look like😳lol. Great job this week keep being awesome.

I always get the crazy eye cuz I'm pretty weird anyways... ;) I actually showed a coworker my washroom pull ups... I have now cemented my crazy status!

This is an awesome breakthrough!  2 pull ups is a HUGE accomplishment.  I'm looking forward to seeing what other awesome is waiting to show up in your thread in the next few weeks  :D

Thanks;) I will try to bust out some awesomeness! Been rough mentally so I'm trying to combat it with exercise rather than food!!

Hi Claire, just stopping by to say I think you're doing great!  A lot of the underpants I've collected say that pull-ups are a great fitness indicator.  I know you're pushing your limits and that's as it should be- but never forget that right now- YOU ARE AWESOME!  Even when you have a bad day-your awesomness can only increase.

Cheers!

Thank you! I really should have an awesomeness indicator visor to remind myself of that! Its easy to get in a slump and not really understand how far you've already come!!!

To you all, did ya know that "awesome" is my favourite word??!! These last three posts have been a great motivator! I'm going to do my BBWW when I get home, and then get on these boards to check in on you all :) Let's get our awesome on!!!

• Like 1

LEVEL 0 REBEL

-----

Personal Stats

-----

I always get the crazy eye cuz I'm pretty weird anyways... ;) I actually showed a coworker my washroom pull ups... I have now cemented my crazy status!

Nothing wrong with a little crazy!  Most of the best leaders have been called crazy a time or two.  Wear your crazy status like a badge of honor!  :orange:

Keep up your awesomeness!

• Like 2

To you all, did ya know that "awesome" is my favourite word??!! These last three posts have been a great motivator! I'm going to do my BBWW when I get home, and then get on these boards to check in on you all :) Let's get our awesome on!!!

Claire ... you ARE awesome!  And you have proven it to us all with your hard work!

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines