• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bekah

Bekah's Step Seven: Aren't Princesses supposed to DO something????

Why yes, yes they are. That being said, what the hell am I doing? Relaxation and Recovery are NOT my strong points, so it could be argued that I never stop "doing something", and that may be true, but why do I never "feel" like I do anything??? Perhaps because I don't "do" what is important to me. Why not? you ask. That IS the question.

I have said before and I will say it again, I feel like my life is nothing but a series of chaotic events that I just manage, rather than actually living and enjoying my life...and I am starting to REALLY hate that. So, the ever present question in my head is "What do I enjoy?" and I have a few answers, and some of the realizations I have come to, aren't very pleasant, because well, I am not really a princess as much as i want to be...so I have to live in a world not structured for be to be a princess...and that is not how I like it!

So...what do I enjoy:

1. Yoga (but I have realized that in order to "do" yoga, I need the perfect surrounding space...which makes me not "do" it.)
2. Reading
3. Cleaning and organizing and decorating my house (but I can't get the process started on my own...stupid Executive Functioning!!! grrrr! so I never actually do it either)
4. Climbing, jumping, running, generally acting like a child outdoors (I don't ever do this either, because I'm afraid of hurting myself mostly, and trying to get someone to do it with me is like pulling teeth around here and I don't like going alone, so I dont do this either)
5. the beach
6. Quiet (which is more of a need than a want, but I have teenagers, so you can imagine how much I get of it)
7. Cold weather (and I live in Florida...grrrrr)
8. Not having to worry about money (hahahahahahaha like this EVER happens :( )
9. Helping people
10. Games (video, computer, board games etc.)
11. Making things colorful (decorating them, coloring them, crafts...whatever, I love looking around me and seeing lots of color)
12. Learning new things (which I am not sure why I shy away from this so much...fear of failure is the only thing I can guess, because I really love learning in general)

So, my challenge goals are going to be to actually DO some things I enjoy, and not make excuses. The last time I did anything fun outdoors was when I was doing challenges for BL 1.0, and that seems like a lifetime ago, and i can't really do much physically at the moment anyway bc of my recent surgery...so those will have to wait. I am going to participate in BL 3.0 but it's not going to be part of my challenge this time. Probably next time for sure since it usually goes for more than one challenge round.

Challenge Goal #1:

Cleaning, Organizing and Decorating: Make a PvS (or PvP if anyone is interested) for doing Flylady daily routines, missions and zone work. and settle definitively on what I want as far as decor changes (I need new curtains and bedroom stuff mainly). I get a rainbow sticker for doing this everyday before 9pm.

Challenge Goal #2:
Quiet Time: Do the Mediations from the Mat and finish up the WoT series and use my earplugs in the house ALL the time if I need to. Spend 10 minutes after my breathing doing the Meditations, and just read before bed like I have been doing. I get a star sticker for the doing the meditations.

Challenge Goal #3:
Helping People: I have really been slacking on my Ambassador duties around here, granted I had a good reason, but it doesn't make me feel good to have committed to doing something and then not done it. I have done the same thing with my son's Scout troop and both make me feel terrible about myself. So I am going to go to his Scout meetings every week during this challenge and take on the training coordinator role that I have been assigned, and I am going to spend no less than 30 minutes, 3 days per week here helping out new and potential Druids.

Challenge Goal #4:
Learn something new: I need to learn how to do the various yoga breathing techniques correctly...and I really have put it off, because I don't ever feel like I'm "doing it right" and so I just quit...but I can't practice any asana right now, but I can damn sure sit on my mat and breathe...so I am going to spend 10 minutes a day just learning to breathe. I get a big smiley sticker for doing my breathing.

• Like 9

I love your third challenge goal, very selfless.  I see you like to be outdoors, love quiet time, and love puzzles and challenges... you may want to try geocaching (http://geocaching.com) - it's something your teens could do with you, too, and it may help you get back outside. Plus you can do it at your own pace, and at your own convenience.  It's really helped me get back outside, and I love the challenge of finding them.

Best of luck with your challenge!  I'll be following :)

• Like 1

Hey, Bekah, glad to see you again!

I don't do flylady, but I have a weekly cleaning and daily dishes component to my challenge. Is that good enough for a PvP?

• Like 1

I love your third challenge goal, very selfless.  I see you like to be outdoors, love quiet time, and love puzzles and challenges... you may want to try geocaching (http://geocaching.com) - it's something your teens could do with you, too, and it may help you get back outside. Plus you can do it at your own pace, and at your own convenience.  It's really helped me get back outside, and I love the challenge of finding them.

Best of luck with your challenge!  I'll be following :)

Thank you :) :) :)

We do Geocaching as a family already...it IS pretty fun :) 

Great!

Welcome back!

we are very happy to have our motivated ambassador back!!

You can do that!

Thank you :) 

Hey, Bekah, glad to see you again!

I don't do flylady, but I have a weekly cleaning and daily dishes component to my challenge. Is that good enough for a PvP?

Definitely good enough for a PvP. I might just do a cleaning PvP and each person make up their own cleaning to-do's. 

• Like 2

And I geocache too!! My handle is grinningcollie.

I "think" ours is jencke, but I have never actually looked at the site myself. I am going to find some beach caches :D

Yay!!! Go Bekah!!!! :D :D :D

Rainbow_Glitter_by_Rainbow_Power.gif

Wren :love_heart: I think about you every single day, no exaggeration! i used the gif you posted on my battle log as my desktop background :D How are you? Are you still updating your battle log? :runs to check:

• Like 1

Bekah, what wisdom you show by starting out with a positive, and making the things you enjoy your origin. That will help keep a good level of energy I think.

Aah, the breathing.

My yoga teacher once told me she spent a whole week breathing, at a course. It made her frustrated "just" to breathe, but she feels she benefited enormously.

Indeed - go for the breathing. It is the beginning and the end.

• Like 1

Wren :love_heart: I think about you every single day, no exaggeration! i used the gif you posted on my battle log as my desktop background :D How are you? Are you still updating your battle log? :runs to check:

Aw! Warms and fuzzies!  :love_heart:

Things are going in a generally positive direction. One step at a time! :D

• Like 1

Subbing to keep an eye on you....you look to be in a similar predicament that I was in when I joined...post surgery and frustrated over not being able to do anything but sit and breathe! :)